Thanks Meter: 4,164

By mikereidis, Inactive Recognized Developer on 1st May 2011, 09:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th June 2011, 09:11 PM |#601  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

It's very good for me to know what features are being used or not. Eg. so far nobody has complained about the loss of the tune up/down buttons.

What buttons (the ones that move just for one step the frequency)?
I see 4: 2 for scan and 2 for moving 1 station, right?

Quote:

Yes, on most devices I think, unplugging the headset switches the audio to speaker and re-plugging switches it back automatically. This was an unexpected feature (on CM anyway) by default that I thought might be a good feature.

I'm not aware of any way to disable this automatic switching to speaker, but I should be able to add code that detects this situation, and if so configured, mutes the output. If anyone else would like to see this feature please let me know. I've accidentally unplugged my earphones and heard a blast of noise from my pocket. I presume that some might like this feature to avoid making unexpected noise where quiet is required ?

I'm surprised that so many people bring up the antenna-less operation, and I'd guess that also means that many people are using the speaker mode.

Well, for me is just annoying , some times I don't have the headphones plugged in but i like messing around with the apps and when i open your radio i get hit with the damn white noise

Some radio apps won't open if there isn't a headset plugged, maybe you could put an option in the settings that allow to enter or not the app even without nothing in the jack. Or a disclaimer before starting the audio: "no headset plugged, loud white noise ahead, wanna go on and get some?" Y / N

tried the antenna-less 'cause i read it in the thread

Quote:

I should mention that in the last release or two, selecting speaker mode automatically switches the radio to Monophonic. This is based on the assumption that even if there are two speakers, the separation is insufficient to be noticeable. Perhaps I could make this configurable for the sake of future tablets with decent separation. I presume external stereo speakers (like I use for testing) will be wired to the headphone jack and will thus appear as if they are headphones.

And for those unaware, mono mode is less noisy than stereo mode when the signal is weak (especially with no external antenna.)

Noted that while trying to find the right method.

Quote:

(1) /dev/msm_audio_dev_ctrl
(2) /dev/snd/controlC0 (ALSA)
(3) /dev/msm_snd

This was just for MIUI? Because none of these are in my DesireZ

29th June 2011, 09:14 PM |#602  
Flag Piacenza
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Hi Mike,

I've play with command:

alsa_amixer don't work
amixer don't start (the file is in the bin directory with 777 permission, but I can't execute it)

ssd 4 0 work, and there is only one line than contain FM:

elid name: FM Radio Path.

More result in attach.

Bye
Idk
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Test.7z - [Click for QR Code] (1.5 KB, 11 views)
29th June 2011, 09:38 PM |#603  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Talking
Great app, thank you very much.
29th June 2011, 09:53 PM |#604  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g4rb4g3

I'm pretty sure all those issues come from MIUI since your app works great on CM on the same device.

But since i read this: http://miuiandroid.com/2011/06/fm-ra...ing-this-week/
I'm not sure if we should try to fix those problems. It seems like they bring back FM support, not for Desire Z yet but as far as I know Nexus One and Desire Z are very close about the FM Radio. Before MIUI made an official Desire Z rom I ported the Nexus One rom to the Desire Z. And there the radio was working too. But since they switched to Android 2.3 they didn't support FM on any device anymore.

Maybe we should wait 1-2 weeks and see how far they have come with adding FM support back.
I'm pretty sure that your app would work too then.

I'll try outgoing calls tomorow when I'm back home but I don't expect them to work.

I tried different "ssd 3 x" modes to get my phone working as a phone again but I couldn't find any way. 2 times my phone just rebooted while executing a ssd command.
Only after a reboot the phone was ringing when I got a call.
It enough to just enable and disable speaker/headphones with ssd to block every noise from the phone except for FM radio.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link about MIUI FM Radio.

Absolutely we should get the MIUI problems fixed. I'm reasonably sure my app will always have some features the MIUI app won't. I don't think they have UART mode support that works with the BT off, and AFAIK they don't have RDS support, do they ? I've never run the MIUI app but expect to at some point.

Yes the Android 2.3 MIUI releases went back to the Broadcom proprietary BT stack I think. Perhaps they are moving back to the Bluez stack.

Yes, I wouldn't expect trying different "ssd 3 x" modes to fix the ringer problem. I proposed it as a possible workaround to the "remove headset/antenna" problem.

I'll respond to some of the other posts once I get my kids and I fed for dinner.
29th June 2011, 10:54 PM |#605  
Flag iTALY
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I am happy that there was help with the files I added, I hope you can find a solution I see very well together, thanks for the '
commitment
29th June 2011, 11:07 PM |#606  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorino86

What buttons (the ones that move just for one step the frequency)?
I see 4: 2 for scan and 2 for moving 1 station, right?

Yes I removed the 2 that move one "channel", whether 50, 100 or 200 KHz as configured by Band Region. The thumbwheel provides the equivalent, more or less.

Quote:

Some radio apps won't open if there isn't a headset plugged, maybe you could put an option in the settings that allow to enter or not the app even without nothing in the jack. Or a disclaimer before starting the audio: "no headset plugged, loud white noise ahead, wanna go on and get some?" Y / N

Yes, others have requested this option and I will implement it in due course.

Quote:

This was just for MIUI? Because none of these are in my DesireZ

[/quote]

For any that have those devices/device drivers. Different ROMs sometimes use different device drivers even for the same device/hardware. Makes my job challenging...
29th June 2011, 11:13 PM |#607  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkidk

Hi Mike,

I've play with command:

alsa_amixer don't work
amixer don't start (the file is in the bin directory with 777 permission, but I can't execute it)

ssd 4 0 work, and there is only one line than contain FM:

elid name: FM Radio Path.

More result in attach.

Bye
Idk

One line may be all we need, especially when it has the very promising name of "FM Radio Path".

It's possible that is a digital path, unless the schematic was lying about no analog audio connection.

I'll try to get some ALSA controls implemented as soon as I can. Would be nice to solve the Galaxy Tab problem, even if we only got static and proved the antenna is not connected. (Not ideal for you though, other than learning.)

EDIT: I should have mentioned:

For ALSA, if you have multiple files /dev/snd/controlC*, such as /dev/snd/controlC0 and /dev/snd/controlC1 (0=Zero and 1=One) and perhaps even /dev/snd/controlC2 etc., it's best if you can get output for each device like so:

adb shell ssd 4 0
OR the equivalent:
adb shell ssd 4 0 x /dev/snd/controlC0

AND
adb shell ssd 4 0 x /dev/snd/controlC1
adb shell ssd 4 0 x /dev/snd/controlC2

Thanks !
30th June 2011, 12:09 AM |#608  

Donate to Me
More
Does anyone know of a reason why someone with 0 posts can't post in this thread ? I've seen some low post counts here, even first post, but something might have changed.

The top heading is "Android Development and Hacking", but under that is "Android Apps and Games" and AFAIK anyone with an account can post here.

Unless it's confidential or of no interest to anyone else, I prefer that people post questions here for the benefit of all instead of PMing me.

Thanks !
30th June 2011, 12:21 AM |#609  

Donate to Me
More
I received a question about whether the app works on Samsung galaxy I5700 spica, with bcm4325.

I've found no such reports, but think it should, assuming you have a working hcitool or are rooted for UART mode with BT off. There may be the no audio problem but I'd hope that is solved now or in near future with one of the new Audio Methods.

This command was run:

adb shell hcitool cmd 3f 15 0 0 1
< HCI Command: ogf 0x3f, ocf 0x0015, plen 3
00 00 01
> HCI Event: 0x0e plen 6
01 15 FC 00 00 00

The command above appears successful in writing a "1" to the Broadcom FM power register, which should power it on, albeit without RDS.

----------------------
The command below reads the power register and shows results with power off, IE before the command above was executed:

a hcitool cmd 3f 15 0 1 1
00 01 01
> HCI Event: 0x0e plen 7
01 15 FC 00 00 01 00

----------------------
The command below reads the power register and shows results with power ON, IE after the power on command (the first) was executed:

a hcitool cmd 3f 15 0 1 1
00 01 01
> HCI Event: 0x0e plen 7
01 15 FC 00 00 01 01

Note the only difference is the last byte which is the "1" we wrote to the power register in the first command.

If the app doesn't seem to be working, I need to see the results text file from a command like the following, started before the Spirit FM app is started. At some later point, enter Ctrl-C to abort the results collection and post or send me the results.txt file:

adb logcat > results.txt

Also, when the app starts the display should show a debug line starting with "Fm:" and I need to see that also.

Thanks !
30th June 2011, 12:49 AM |#610  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
mikereidis!!! It works! (v110626.apk) at Wits A81G.!!! Good work! Mike!
But only RDS signal...no sound (Config Audio Method!)

Attach log "ssd 4 0"
Thanks ! )))))))
PS\\ I soldered on-board antenna of two wires ....

Edit: add "alsa_amixer contents" log
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fm.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	641323  
Attached Files
File Type: txt ssd log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (25.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: txt log_alsa_amixer.txt - [Click for QR Code] (10.7 KB, 11 views)
30th June 2011, 08:33 AM |#611  
Flag Piacenza
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:

adb shell ssd 4 0
OR the equivalent:
adb shell ssd 4 0 x /dev/snd/controlC0

AND

Thanks !

Hi Mike,

give me the same result as C0, C2 not exist.

TIA!
Idk
Attached Files
File Type: rar Controlc1.rar - [Click for QR Code] (762 Bytes, 22 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
spirit fm radio receiver ota

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)