3,465 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,942

By Art Vanderlay, Retired Forum Moderator on 18th February 2014, 07:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th March 2014, 06:47 AM |#11  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I've got a Brazilian D805 here in India. Can someone please tell me if there is a date when KitKat is being rolled out?
I don't understand Brazilian and most of the translated entries are ambiguous.

Advanced Q: can I flash a D802 KitKat ROM for the D805? Is there a thread when I can follow the same?

24th March 2014, 07:54 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
flashed a nightly rom stuck in boot loop no recovery
I flashed the newest cm 11 nightly rom plus the gapps for the lg g2 ls980 with sprint. I cannot get it to recovery but i can get into download mode. ive tried the lg mobile support tool but it get stuck on downloading software. At this point i really just want to get the phone working again, i dont care how. please help it is the only phone that i have.
24th March 2014, 10:52 AM |#13  
Flag Athens

More
I have a european G2 (greek) on rooted stock and custom twrp recovery. If i want to update OTA do i have to revert to stock before updating? Can you tell me how to do that?

Στάλθηκε από το LG-D802 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
24th March 2014, 02:02 PM |#14  

More
Wifi Hotspot and other questions
I purchased a Sprint LG G2. It has been rooted and unlocked. Unfortunately, the person I bought it from doesn't know much about the rooting process that was followed and he just followed instructions given to him by a friend. As far as I can tell, there is no custom ROM on the device. Here are my questions:

- At this moment, there is no Wi-Fi Hotspot option on my device. I'm planning to follow the instructions from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2675280. But this link is for non-activated devices. Question is: How do I know if my phone has or has not been activated?

- If I do decide to follow the instructions in the above link, what would be the best way to backup my device first? Would you recommend Titanium Backup?

- The 3G connection on the phone seems to be awfully slow. Is this a 'Unlocked Spring G2' issue? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thank you in advance for all your help.
24th March 2014, 02:23 PM |#15  

More
HELP.. deleted my stock LG camera app
Hello all,

In a quest to improve everything about my phone I seem to have completely deleted my camera app!!! I was attempting to apply the upgrade to the software that can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471900. I changed the names of the files and permissions exactly as said, rebooted, and poof the camera app was gone. I have since downloaded a third party app to replace it, but I'd like to have the stock app back. No, I did not back up immediately before, I know STUPID!

Any help?? There are great third party apps and I can get by, but thought I'd try.

Thanks!
24th March 2014, 03:31 PM |#16  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 613

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djalaal

Hi,

I'm searching for a new phone to buy and this one caught my eye. I have 3 questions.

Is there anything (bad) I should know about the phone before buying it? All the good points are well advertised and easily available to read about on the internet, but the bad things only surface after you used the phone yourself for a while. (No need to mention back buttons though).

Making a custom kernel on non-nexus devices is always a tad (or more) harder, I hear. Are there already (very) stable kernels available like you can expect to see on a nexus device?

Is there any G2 developer looking into/developing Ubuntu Touch for this device? I'm interested in Ubuntu for Android you see, and it'd be awesome if I can use it on this phone like on my gnex.

For what you are seeking, nexus devices will be your best bet. They have the easiest developing because of not needed custom code. I really like the G2, but for me, the kitkat update was a bust (battery wonky, lots of random reboots, audio issues), so I went back to stock rooted JB. Very nice device that is very stable, but I don't care about AOSP, if I did, I would have gotten N5. Almost everything can be done through being rooted and xposed modules these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by android_nashville

Hello all,

In a quest to improve everything about my phone I seem to have completely deleted my camera app!!! I was attempting to apply the upgrade to the software that can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471900. I changed the names of the files and permissions exactly as said, rebooted, and poof the camera app was gone. I have since downloaded a third party app to replace it, but I'd like to have the stock app back. No, I did not back up immediately before, I know STUPID!

Any help?? There are great third party apps and I can get by, but thought I'd try.

Thanks!

are you rooted, on a custom ROM? If you are on custom ROM you can just reflash ROM without wiping data and it will be added back. If stock, maybe someone can make you an apk you can install or the files can be pushed via adb.
The Following User Says Thank You to nrfitchett4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nrfitchett4 Ad-Free
24th March 2014, 03:34 PM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4

are you rooted, on a custom ROM? If you are on custom ROM you can just reflash ROM without wiping data and it will be added back. If stock, maybe someone can make you an apk you can install or the files can be pushed via adb.

Yea, I am rooted but am stock. I have a stock camera APK but when I try and install it just says "App Not Installed" over and over again. Reset permissions, put in privat_apps folder and no lock. May just have to live with third party... Camera Zoom Fx and Procapture are both good. Thanks!!
24th March 2014, 03:52 PM |#18  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 613

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by android_nashville

Yea, I am rooted but am stock. I have a stock camera APK but when I try and install it just says "App Not Installed" over and over again. Reset permissions, put in privat_apps folder and no lock. May just have to live with third party... Camera Zoom Fx and Procapture are both good. Thanks!!

You would probably have to push it via adb.
something along the lines of
adb push camera.apk /system/app
chmod 644 /system/app/camera.apk
reboot device

If you have an adb folder, put the camera.apk in the root of it, then run the commands. Should work.
You could also have a look at xdabbeb's camera mod. Might be able to get that to install.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2548974
The Following User Says Thank You to nrfitchett4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nrfitchett4 Ad-Free
24th March 2014, 05:06 PM |#19  

More
Quote:

For what you are seeking, nexus devices will be your best bet. They have the easiest developing because of not needed custom code. I really like the G2, but for me, the kitkat update was a bust (battery wonky, lots of random reboots, audio issues), so I went back to stock rooted JB. Very nice device that is very stable, but I don't care about AOSP, if I did, I would have gotten N5. Almost everything can be done through being rooted and xposed modules these days.

Quote:

reboot device

If you have an adb folder, put the camera.apk in the root of it, then run the commands. Should work.
You could also have a look at xdabbeb's camera mod. Might be able to get that to install.

Awesome, will give this a try.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote:

reboot device

OK, I installed xabbebs update and it seemed to go fine, but no camera app still. I looked in settings->manage apps and camera is there!! Just no icon... any advice on how to get Camera back in my app drawer??? It just seems to be hidden.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Finally fixed it. Turns out just moving the LGCamera.apk to system/apps instead of priv_apps did the trick. Thanks again for hte help!
24th March 2014, 07:09 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 385

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyagi241

How is the buttons in the back?

They are so awesome and comfortable

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
25th March 2014, 03:50 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommypacker

Reserved

Why not just edit the OP instead of posting something like this? (This applies to this and other 'Reserved' posts)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, help thread, lg g2, noob, noob friendly, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)