By Art Vanderlay, Retired Forum Moderator on 18th February 2014, 07:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th March 2014, 03:50 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommypacker

Reserved

Why not just edit the OP instead of posting something like this? (This applies to this and other 'Reserved' posts)

25th March 2014, 03:52 AM |#22  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,714

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinorm

Why not just edit the OP instead of posting something like this? (This applies to this and other 'Reserved' posts)

I might need it for the future. You never know...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
25th March 2014, 07:11 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaragorn2

I purchased a Sprint LG G2. It has been rooted and unlocked. Unfortunately, the person I bought it from doesn't know much about the rooting process that was followed and he just followed instructions given to him by a friend. As far as I can tell, there is no custom ROM on the device. Here are my questions:

- At this moment, there is no Wi-Fi Hotspot option on my device. I'm planning to follow the instructions from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2675280. But this link is for non-activated devices. Question is: How do I know if my phone has or has not been activated?

- If I do decide to follow the instructions in the above link, what would be the best way to backup my device first? Would you recommend Titanium Backup?

- The 3G connection on the phone seems to be awfully slow. Is this a 'Unlocked Spring G2' issue? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Hey guys, please help me out.
25th March 2014, 11:19 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 201

More
Does AME baseband have KK already? if none, when?
25th March 2014, 02:24 PM |#25  
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 6

More
My question is about the size of incoming mms, because their size does not suit me ( 8-10 кb, 176х220) How and where can it be increased? What *.apk responsible for this or where in more? I decompiled LgMessage.apk, but did not find the desired there(. Read on this forum that you can try to change UA string, but it also does not fit.
25th March 2014, 02:55 PM |#26  
Flag Richland, WA
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How do I get to download mode, or the like, with dead screen?
I have VZW 980 running Malladus. Yesterday my screen when on the fritz and now I can't get into a mode to try and recover all of my data, etc before I take it VZW to try and get a replacement.

My phone is powered up. I know that if it was off, I could hold volume up and plug in USB to put into Download mode (I think). But with my phone powered up, all I can do is hold my power button down and get a restart. The restart won't let me get anywhere where my PC will recognize my phone as anything other than a modem.

I'd like to dump all of my phone's contents on my PC and then reset my phone before I take it in, but I'm not sure how to.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	402
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	2649296  
25th March 2014, 03:47 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeve

I have VZW 980 running Malladus. Yesterday my screen when on the fritz and now I can't get into a mode to try and recover all of my data, etc before I take it VZW to try and get a replacement.

My phone is powered up. I know that if it was off, I could hold volume up and plug in USB to put into Download mode (I think). But with my phone powered up, all I can do is hold my power button down and get a restart. The restart won't let me get anywhere where my PC will recognize my phone as anything other than a modem.

Damn... there must be some way to mount the partitions in Linux? I mean, if you can reflash them, you must be able to get the data out too. But I don't know how :-\
25th March 2014, 04:36 PM |#28  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 199

Donate to Me
More
Okay, here's my total noob question:

Can you flash a rom for another LG G2 on any model? Like, can I flash a D802 rom on LS980? ObvIously I'd need to restore cdma apns and flash a radio for my device, but could I, in theory, flash a rom meant for another device and then do something like port the Mahdi rom patch to flash all of the necessary bits for my phone? I'm noticing the LS980 is getting pretty much no love when it comes to roms, and it's driving me nuts.

When I do find a decent rom, it's got too many bugs to be usable if it's not based on stock. Like slimkat... no volume control in calls and a really bad echo. Aokp freezes up like ALL the time. Mahdi is alright but I get micro stutter in literally everything that I do...

I love this phone, but I really want to use a rom that works instead of flashing a stock based rom with crappy battery life and modding the crap out of it with xposed. I'm literally posting from an AT&T galaxy s3 on Wi-Fi right now because I am so disappointed in the rom selection for what is literally the best phone I've ever had all because my carrier gets no dev love.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
25th March 2014, 11:49 PM |#29  
Flag new york city
Thanks Meter: 87

More
No you cannot flash Roms from other carriers they have different hardware variations and it will be difficult to flash back to stock because it will think your phone is a d802 and won't let you flash the proper firmware so do not do that it could hard brick /super softbrick

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
26th March 2014, 12:15 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
How to compare firmware version, how to check with one is the newest one? Got G2 today and my firmware version is D802-210f-EUR-XX. compilation no. JDQ39B
26th March 2014, 01:08 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
That is the latest rom if you are on o2. I think three have started getting kitkat update ota. You can root from firmware you are on then manually update to kitkat or wait for ota

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium HD app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, help thread, lg g2, noob, noob friendly, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)