[Reference:] All Things XPERIA; Debranding; Rooting & More...

Search This thread

bjcryss

Apr 14, 2013
Hi ! Are there custom firmwares based on JB that I could flash to my phone? It's an Xperia Arc with bootloader unlocking NOT allowed. If not JB, then maybe something based on ICS that works better than the official 4.0.4ICS i have right now(build .587) ? It's VERY laggy! I swear I really had enough of it...and also need to increase the phone's internal memory because ~400mb are not sufficient at all...
Help me out a bit if you can please. Of course I've searched the xda forum(i've got about 20 tabs open right now), but it's hard for me to find out if these specific FWs are flashable to my phone or if I need also to flash a new kernel for these ROMs. As I understand, I would be able to flash a custom ROM, but not a new kernel, is this true? Any help is appreciated, thank you !

Last edited:

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
Hi ! Are there custom firmwares based on JB that I could flash to my phone?
Lots, go check the dev section.
It's an Xperia Arc with bootloader unlocking NOT allowed.
Re-read the first post, just because it says you can't doesn't necessarily mean you can't.
but it's hard for me to find out if these specific FWs are flashable to my phone or if I need also to flash a new kernel for these ROMs.
You figure out if you can or not by reading the instructions in the thread, then coming back to the stickys to figure out stuff you don't understand, but as you should be reading the stickys first you should have a basic idea of what you're doing before even attempting to flash anything.
As I understand, I would be able to flash a custom ROM, but not a new kernel, is this true? Any help is appreciated, thank you !
Correct, no unlocked bootloader = no custom kernel flashing.

SNCAI

Feb 1, 2014
thank you for your teach,it's very easy to understand.
i learning very much thing here, it's very useful.

Damien74

May 11, 2011
Is there any cheap way to sim unlock my Xperia M? I thought flashing to unbranded rom would do the trick, just like in Samsung but no... not at all :(

seumina

Jul 24, 2012
new boot security system (after 12w10) is it only for 2011 sony xperia line up, or it includes 2012 xperia and 2013 xperia and so on.
My xperia arc s bricked and even fix with jtag boxes.
I ask this question because if i buy 2012 or 2013 xperia phone ,and if it is bricked somehow ,it can be repaired or can not be repaired as xperia arc s.

RoboticBot

Aug 4, 2014
Thanks for the guide , Xperia Arc is fun to mud , got my phone updated to 4.3.1 , now works butter smooth :)

RamtheCowy

Mar 30, 2015
I've been trying to root my Xperia Tipo with Root_with_Restore_v36 by our own Bin4ry. I have everything. All the files, everything, device, drivers, cords, the lot. Latest version of the shell, too, Root_with_Restore_v36.
I extract the zip, initiate the RunMe.bat, press 5 (Old), plug in the device, everything is confirmed and correct. Device opens the Full Restore screen, I press Restore, says Restore started... and a few seconds later Restore ended. Shell reads success, says it will Reboot device in 10 seconds...waiting for device to reappear. Phone successfully turns off, computer plays USB device unplugged sound, phone turns on, computer plays USB device connected sound... and then the shell window closes. The phone hasn't gotten rooted. I've used a root checker app. Don't have root access. This is the third time I've tried without success.

Phone info:
Sony Xperia Tipo
Running Android 4.0.4
Build 11.0.A.4.22
Officially supported by Bin4ry shell
No root, stock ROM, locked bootloader

Computer:
Windows 7 64-bit

Please help? Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my ST21i using XDA Free mobile app

CygnusHyoga

Nov 20, 2012
I've been trying to root my Xperia Tipo with Root_with_Restore_v36 by our own Bin4ry. I have everything. All the files, everything, device, drivers, cords, the lot. Latest version of the shell, too, Root_with_Restore_v36.
I extract the zip, initiate the RunMe.bat, press 5 (Old), plug in the device, everything is confirmed and correct. Device opens the Full Restore screen, I press Restore, says Restore started... and a few seconds later Restore ended. Shell reads success, says it will Reboot device in 10 seconds...waiting for device to reappear. Phone successfully turns off, computer plays USB device unplugged sound, phone turns on, computer plays USB device connected sound... and then the shell window closes. The phone hasn't gotten rooted. I've used a root checker app. Don't have root access. This is the third time I've tried without success.

Phone info:
Sony Xperia Tipo
Running Android 4.0.4
Build 11.0.A.4.22
Officially supported by Bin4ry shell
No root, stock ROM, locked bootloader

Computer:
Windows 7 64-bit

Please help? Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my ST21i using XDA Free mobile app

Why u not ask to your forum?
This is Arc / Mogami forum 2011 model and Tipo 2012 forum :rolleyes:

RamtheCowy

Mar 30, 2015
I saw this Tipo forum and tried to take my chances and find out... it's all sorted, anyhow. I tinkered around with Root_with_Restore and got it to root, so thanks anyway.

Sent from my ST21i

Top Liked Posts