[REF][GPE] G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition Stock OTA URLs

Search This thread

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Just a reminder for y'all that if anyone gets the OTA for the G Pad 8.3 GPE, please pull the filename of the update before you actually install it, then post it here. Thank you!

PhilDX

Oct 17, 2010
NJ
Just a reminder for y'all that if anyone gets the OTA for the G Pad 8.3 GPE, please pull the filename of the update before you actually install it, then post it here. Thank you!

this is waiting to be installed on my GPad GPE:

"ff3c360e108c52aac952f10c3dd4c6c5ce66a3ce.signed-KOT49H.L004_user-KTU84P.L002_user_update.zip"

I dunno what version it is though since I've modified stuff in /system and I have to revert everything to stock first.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
this is waiting to be installed on my GPad GPE:

"ff3c360e108c52aac952f10c3dd4c6c5ce66a3ce.signed-KOT49H.L004_user-KTU84P.L002_user_update.zip"

I dunno what version it is though since I've modified stuff in /system and I have to revert everything to stock first.

Thank you!! I'll update the first post now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

cam30era

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana
I am having a problem with drivers once in Recovery/apply updates over ADB. I have updated drivers and ADB Devices shows my device when booted up. But after booting into recovery and subsequently to ADB update mode, ADB devices indicates no devices attached. And fwiw, USB Debugging is enabled, Win8.1 system. Any suggestions appreciated.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
I am having a problem with drivers once in Recovery/apply updates over ADB. I have updated drivers and ADB Devices shows my device when booted up. But after booting into recovery and subsequently to ADB update mode, ADB devices indicates no devices attached. And fwiw, USB Debugging is enabled, Win8.1 system. Any suggestions appreciated.

Yeah that's normal. You'll have to go back into device manager and add the driver again. You'll see your G Pad listed as an unknown device. Just add the "ADB Composite" driver for that unknown device and then it should start showing up in adb devices.

Reactions: cam30era

cam30era

Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana
Yeah that's normal. You'll have to go back into device manager and add the driver again. You'll see your G Pad listed as an unknown device. Just add the "ADB Composite" driver for that unknown device and then it should start showing up in adb devices.

I've read something similar previously. Windows device manager lets me broose, but it doesn't find the file. How do you install manually.

cam30era

Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana

Well, this worked. Unfortunately after it ran the update, I got the following errors:

failed to verify whole-file signature
signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

I think I'll install TWRP and try flashing this.

Thanks a lot for your advice. Much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Well, this worked. Unfortunately after it ran the update, I got the following errors:

failed to verify whole-file signature
signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

I think I'll install TWRP and try flashing this.

Thanks a lot for your advice. Much appreciated.

The 4.4.4 update file flashed without problem via TWRP. Comment for other users, it will not flash via stock recovery. Many thanks to the OP for the help.

cam30era

Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana
Does root stay after flashing or do you have to root again?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I don't know. I unrooted, planning on taking the OTA. Had to reroot, and simply flashing chainfire's SuperSu didn't work. Tried towelroot, and that didn't work either (at least at first). Finally after several reboots, I got root back. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what I did to get root back.

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
weird problem. I downloaded the 4.4.4 ota and it failed to install via stock recovery.
I installed twrp
sideload failed there with error "image is for palman" this device is a v500.
I have a 510
It's been factory reset. Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts