[THE REAL FIX] your Xperia Z1, knowing your real version [ONLY LOCKED BOOTLOADERS]

Search This thread

matrixone01

Mar 18, 2014
Hello community,

I being using the forum (since my Xperia arc) and its being great (but I have to be honest, never registered here)

I got a good opportunity to buy a Xperia Z1 really cheap, because the original owner didnt know which version he has (he said C6903 but it was C6902 thanks for the guy I am going to show you the guide) So, he end up in a boot loop. Multiple user here reported Xperia z1 dead, but this happened because when the phone enters in a boot loop, the screen turns on without knowing it is on, so you never did the reset trick (Power+ Volume +) to shutdown the phone properly (or the red buttom in the SIM tray)

Also something really important happened, when I flashed the firmware C6903 into my C6902, this end up in a boot loop and most of the users are reporting, NO IMEI or BASEBAND (was saying unknown)

The user from the Dev here (Nidhal), helped me out to fix the phone, and thanks to that user on Ebay, I can clearly say that 90% of the brick is the user fault.

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS IS ONLY FOR LOCKED BOOTLOADERS, DONT REPLY IF YOU HAVE UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER:

So lets start:

1- First, lets know what is your real version of the Z1 you have , in your SIM tray (take a look of attachment picture), simply detach the cover of the micro SIM card slot. Place a fingernail under the right or left edge of the label tray, then drag the tray outwards to view your model and IMEI (also SI), this will help you of the 80% of the problem.

2- Now that you really know which version you have (in my case is C6902), you can start downloading the correct firmware. IF YOU ARE IN 4.3, use this guide to downgrade to 4.2.2 (using NUTT firmware .534)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2572988

If you are in 4.2.2, just download the correct firmware from the label you got from your SIM slot.

3-Always remember to make a backup before flashing. When you are in flashtool, flash the firmware of your phone version and very important WIPE APPSLOG, CACHE and DATA.

Believe me, theres a lot of users think they have a model, but they aren't, so I hope you can fix your phone, like me.

Regards and good luck.

Azmil2307

Jul 5, 2013
Kuching
www.x2element.com
Hello community,

I being using the forum (since my Xperia arc) and its being great (but I have to be honest, never registered here)

I got a good opportunity to buy a Xperia Z1 really cheap, because the original owner didnt know which version he has (he said C6903 but it was C6902 thanks for the guy I am going to show you the guide) So, he end up in a boot loop. Multiple user here reported Xperia z1 dead, but this happened because when the phone enters in a boot loop, the screen turns on without knowing it is on, so you never did the reset trick (Power+ Volume +) to shutdown the phone properly (or the red buttom in the SIM tray)

Also something really important happened, when I flashed the firmware C6903 into my C6902, this end up in a boot loop and most of the users are reporting, NO IMEI or BASEBAND (was saying unknown)

The user from the Dev here (Nidhal), helped me out to fix the phone, and thanks to that user on Ebay, I can clearly say that 90% of the brick is the user fault.

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS IS ONLY FOR LOCKED BOOTLOADERS, DONT REPLY IF YOU HAVE UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER:

So lets start:

1- First, lets know what is your real version of the Z1 you have , in your SIM tray (take a look of attachment picture), simply detach the cover of the micro SIM card slot. Place a fingernail under the right or left edge of the label tray, then drag the tray outwards to view your model and IMEI (also SI), this will help you of the 80% of the problem.

2- Now that you really know which version you have (in my case is C6902), you can start downloading the correct firmware. IF YOU ARE IN 4.3, use this guide to downgrade to 4.2.2 (using NUTT firmware .534)

If you are in 4.2.2, just download the correct firmware from the label you got from your SIM slot.

3-Always remember to make a backup before flashing. When you are in flashtool, flash the firmware of your phone version and very important WIPE APPSLOG, CACHE and DATA.

Believe me, theres a lot of users think they have a model, but they aren't, so I hope you can fix your phone, like me.

Regards and good luck.

For me, I just go through Setting>About Phone>Model number. Or just have a look at the packaging (for model number and Imei) and cross check with the imei shown on the device. C6902/C6903 is a matter of which region/country you're buying from.

Beautyspin

Apr 8, 2011
Hyderabad
www.techgadgettalk.com
I never noticed this

Hello community,

So lets start:

Regards and good luck.

I never noticed this before and would probably have never noticed it too.. But I bought with the bill, box and everything so it says everywhere that is it c6902 so no surprises there. Must be more useful for somebody buying secondhand/used or something like that..

Reactions: jhupz

matrixone01

Mar 18, 2014
For me, I just go through Setting>About Phone>Model number. Or just have a look at the packaging (for model number and Imei) and cross check with the imei shown on the device. C6902/C6903 is a matter of which region/country you're buying from.

Most of the people here ,get the phone by second hand, if you dont have the issues stated in the first post, you can ignore this, but a lot of users, get the phone by second hand, this is the case of the post :)

Reactions: gl3nborj

m0ngstr0us

Sep 23, 2011
Singapore

OP says its bricked. So tell me how you eanna go and take a look in the Settings? :confused:

Nice one OP!

Luinwethion

Mar 17, 2010
Delft
Lol It's really a nice once.... When I bought my Z1 (also second hand) I was searching for the Imei number all over the phone and I couldn't find it... Of course then I turned the phone on to check it, but I like to double check and even triple check when buying a second hand phone :)

VladoBENZ

Jun 24, 2014
I have a problem....so I checked my Z1 numbers, its C6903, no surprise, but the SI number is different from the one, corresponding in XperiFirm....its strange, i bought my Z1 from Three mobile UK, and in XperiFirm, the SI number corresponding to Three mobile UK is 1276-0589...but on my device on the label it is written 1275-6865....why is this like that, anyone have a clue? And also, in XperiFirm there is no firmware, corresponding to my SI number....I have this problem also with my other phone, Xperia E3

matrixone01

Mar 18, 2014
Thanks guys to let this threat live again, I had lot of replys thanks to this post!!!

For all the replys about how to check your Xperia Z1 version, with this simple method, you dont need to turn on the device and starting wasting your time, this method is free battery consuming (think about the case, your battery is completed dead and you cant turn on your device) , free code combinations, dont need to turn on the device, so you can start flashing your device right away.

I hope that new people fix their devices, usually the Z1 is problem free if you dont:

-Drop it
-Dont remove the charger or sd card cover too much (I use the chinese version of the magnetic adapter from 1 year and going strong, also I just updated the quick charger and IT IS GOOD)
-If you use it on the beach and not clean the device with normal water
-If you tweak too much the device (optimizer apps, some weird things with power management of the processor)

AND NO GUYS ,I DONT WORK FOR SONY, i just own one and I know what I have, but I must say this new Kitkat with SD limitation, is filling up a little the internal storage, having a 64gb micro sd on the device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello community,

So lets start:

Regards and good luck.
    I never noticed this

Hello community,

So lets start:

Regards and good luck.

I never noticed this before and would probably have never noticed it too.. But I bought with the bill, box and everything so it says everywhere that is it c6902 so no surprises there. Must be more useful for somebody buying secondhand/used or something like that..

Most of the people here ,get the phone by second hand, if you dont have the issues stated in the first post, you can ignore this, but a lot of users, get the phone by second hand, this is the case of the post :)

OP says its bricked. So tell me how you eanna go and take a look in the Settings? :confused:

Nice one OP!
    Thanks guys to let this threat live again, I had lot of replys thanks to this post!!!

For all the replys about how to check your Xperia Z1 version, with this simple method, you dont need to turn on the device and starting wasting your time, this method is free battery consuming (think about the case, your battery is completed dead and you cant turn on your device) , free code combinations, dont need to turn on the device, so you can start flashing your device right away.

I hope that new people fix their devices, usually the Z1 is problem free if you dont:

-Drop it
    -Dont remove the charger or sd card cover too much (I use the chinese version of the magnetic adapter from 1 year and going strong, also I just updated the quick charger and IT IS GOOD)
    -If you use it on the beach and not clean the device with normal water
    -If you tweak too much the device (optimizer apps, some weird things with power management of the processor)

AND NO GUYS ,I DONT WORK FOR SONY, i just own one and I know what I have, but I must say this new Kitkat with SD limitation, is filling up a little the internal storage, having a 64gb micro sd on the device.