Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Disclaimer: Flash this ROM at your own risk. I am not responsible for what you do on your device. I left this stock to provide a base for anybody that wants to use it. Mod this rom how you want. Just please remember to give credit where credit is due.

I was going for a very simple stock looking rom with minimal cosmetics. The only cosmetics that were added were for extra functionality

Must have at least a 512MB EXT2, EXT3, EXT4 (Only 1 required) partition on sdcard for this rom to function.

Working:
Data
SMS
Wifi
Bluetooth
GPS
MMS
Removed connected notification
Anything not below

Broken:
Video playback is broken
Sound recorder won't play back recordings
For some reason Music app FCs once per boot. Reported that it happens often
I think that is all

Code:
Changelog:
3-24-12 PATCH
Fixed MMS
removed connected notification

3-24-12
Added beats
Fixed Wifi
Fixed Bluetooth
Fixed GPS
Fixed lights
Cleaned it up a lot
Added some tweaks
Removed useless crap
Finally added my kernel in

3-22-12
Direct port from Pico(HTC Explorer)
I only have plans to support VM MarvelC.  Any others will have to be done on own.
goo-inside.me updater enabled (notification of rom updates)
apps2SD
dalvik2SD
Plus app for managing a2sd
Removed carrier bloat

Download
Patch for 3-24-12 release. Must flash full rom first.

Listed in Rom Manager also

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks
-------------------
First and foremost this wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for everybody from Team BAMF. These guys helped me so much with all my problems.
benjaminwynn - i had to cheat on a couple small things and peek at his rom
jcase
utkanos
thatdudebutch
dsb9938
ihtfp69
scar

Come join me in irc. irc.andirc.net #wildfires

Attachments

• shot_000001.png
    shot_000001.png
    139.3 KB · Views: 33,862
  • shot_000002.png
    shot_000002.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 33,543
  • shot_000003.png
    shot_000003.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 33,504
Last edited:

bobdamnit

Jan 8, 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Nice. A starting point, anyway.

No sense in downloading/flashing it right now, other than to confirm it'll boot on my odd device that seems to hate your kernel in anything but hensemod.

In fact, I'll just go ahead and do it and letcha know. Maybe for some reason previous update/r-scripts flashed wrong in other ROMS by you. I'm shooting in the dark, as I've never flashed the cMTD script on the hensemod ROM, which would actually give me these errors. Also, even if I did, I've done the necessary repairs to fix the errors. So even if the cMTD script was "built-in", I honestly believe I've fixed it. Just to be safe. And I just cannot get your kernel to flash or boot, other than in hensemod. Not even through fastboot, as I showed you in IRC. Cant figure it out, so I'll give this a shot. Hopefully it'll work and I can logcat it so I got something.

junxracr

Dec 12, 2010
Downloading

Looks great !!! Beautiful UI and lockscreen. Hopefully WiFi will be fixed. Thank you :D
Sent from my HTC_A510c using XDA

Last edited:

junxracr

Dec 12, 2010
Stuck at HTC bootscreen. Never mad it past that.

Dude, every other MetroPCS phone boots your kernel. Why the hell doesn't mine?

Have you tried simonsimons superwipe ? I've been using it after flashing roms and getting strange behaviors.

Sent from my HTC MarvelC A510c using XDA

BigChillin

Jan 24, 2011
Wichita
If i remember right, the stock movie player had a terrible time playing anything, any fix for that yet?

Also, idk if you know it not. But I'm pretty sure Simon knows the secret to fix the mms if it's the vm encoding problem.

Other than that, i can't wait!

Sent from my HTC_A510c

junxracr

Dec 12, 2010
Surprised gps works. No compass in maps though.

Getting forceclose on music player.

Last edited:

BigChillin

Jan 24, 2011
Wichita
Ok, i guess the question is why did you rip out anything to do with twitter for htc. And can you make a zip so I can get it back.

Sent from my HTC MarvelC A510c using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Ok, i guess the question is why did you rip out anything to do with twitter for htc. And can you make a zip so I can get it back.

No, pico did not include Twitter for HTC sense. Dunno why. But I'm looking into adding it. For it to work right I need to hack together smali. And since I will be in the right place I'm going to look into adding facebook chat widget and app also

Sent from my PG41200 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: junxracr

bobdamnit

Jan 8, 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Got this to boot!

MMS doesn't work for me, but I expected this as its a VMUSA only ROM. Added APN for MetroPCS, works fine. Everything else is as expected. (Music does FC, and a LOT actually.)

Great work JMZ! Glad to finally have a Sense 3.5 ROM on my phone lol

(If you want, I can drop you a MPCS APN Backup to add to the ROM for MPCS support. Up to you.)

loveVII

Jun 27, 2010
Trying to download from your link. Download gets to 143/150 MB and then it stops downloading. Goes from 3 seconds remaining up to 4... Then 5... Then 6... etc etc. Never finishes.

Any alternative download?

EDIT: Got it to work with IE. Didn't want to work with Chrome for some reason.

Last edited:

junxracr

Dec 12, 2010
I haven't updated yet still on original rom. I noticed that the capacitive search button doesn't work, and I was wondering if it is working on the update ?

Edit: I long press and get voice search.

Last edited:

BigChillin

Jan 24, 2011
Wichita
No, pico did not include Twitter for HTC sense. Dunno why. But I'm looking into adding it. For it to work right I need to hack together smali. And since I will be in the right place I'm going to look into adding facebook chat widget and app also

Cool. Vm did the same thing to us. Makes me very sad Kuala :(

rkkaranrk

Mar 7, 2011

Hey did u got any of my PM or emails ?

Waiting for your reply on the refund ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: Flash this ROM at your own risk. I am not responsible for what you do on your device. I left this stock to provide a base for anybody that wants to use it. Mod this rom how you want. Just please remember to give credit where credit is due.

I was going for a very simple stock looking rom with minimal cosmetics. The only cosmetics that were added were for extra functionality

Must have at least a 512MB EXT2, EXT3, EXT4 (Only 1 required) partition on sdcard for this rom to function.

Working:
    Data
    SMS
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    MMS
    Removed connected notification
    Anything not below

Broken:
    Video playback is broken
    Sound recorder won't play back recordings
    For some reason Music app FCs once per boot. Reported that it happens often
    I think that is all

Code:
    Changelog:
    3-24-12 PATCH
    Fixed MMS
    removed connected notification

3-24-12
    Added beats
    Fixed Wifi
    Fixed Bluetooth
    Fixed GPS
    Fixed lights
    Cleaned it up a lot
    Added some tweaks
    Removed useless crap
    Finally added my kernel in

3-22-12
    Direct port from Pico(HTC Explorer)
    I only have plans to support VM MarvelC.  Any others will have to be done on own.
    goo-inside.me updater enabled (notification of rom updates)
    apps2SD
    dalvik2SD
    Plus app for managing a2sd
    Removed carrier bloat

Download
    Patch for 3-24-12 release. Must flash full rom first.

Listed in Rom Manager also

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Thanks
    -------------------
    First and foremost this wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for everybody from Team BAMF. These guys helped me so much with all my problems.
    benjaminwynn - i had to cheat on a couple small things and peek at his rom
    jcase
    utkanos
    thatdudebutch
    dsb9938
    ihtfp69
    scar

Come join me in irc. irc.andirc.net #wildfires
    Btw, I have a new version coming very shortly. I have fixed everything but mms.
    Good news guys. I rebased the rom and now have gotten video and sound issues fixed 100%. So either later today or tomorrow I will push an update. Since it is a new base you will need to wipe everything and flash fresh
    This is working perfectly for me. I expected less since its a beta, what a pleasant surprise. Just had one force close (music) at first boot, but have not seen another, and Ive booted about five times. Thanks again for this!

Questions, will we be able to add skins, and can you add some sort of picture frame widget? Id love to see the photo grid widget, but if not that one, any photo frame would do.

I will look into it but my main focus is fixing audio/video which I still have yet to figure out. And not from lack of trying.

Sent from my HTC MarvelC A510c using xda premium
    Stuck at HTC bootscreen. Never mad it past that.

Dude, every other MetroPCS phone boots your kernel. Why the hell doesn't mine?