Where to unlock my SP

Search This thread

gino_76ph

May 25, 2011
London
Hi there.

I currently own a locked Sony Xperia SP on EE. Ever since i have the phone it has had NO Android update and the software/UI seems to be slowing down a bit.

I feel if i have it unlock i will be able to get updates quicker and thus (hopefully) improving the performance of the phone.

I live in the UK. And is there a website or somewhere else on how i can have my phone unlocked?

Please advice. Thanks.

sco0ter

Jul 19, 2011
Unlocking won't matter as even the generics from the UK don't have the update yet. Only way is to flash a Rom from another country

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

zolaisugly

Mar 2, 2011
Huawei Mate 20 X
Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite
Hi there.

I currently own a locked Sony Xperia SP on EE. Ever since i have the phone it has had NO Android update and the software/UI seems to be slowing down a bit.

I feel if i have it unlock i will be able to get updates quicker and thus (hopefully) improving the performance of the phone.

I live in the UK. And is there a website or somewhere else on how i can have my phone unlocked?

Please advice. Thanks.

If you mean sim unlock then you will need to buy a code or take to independent. Phone store.

Unlocking bootloader is completely different and there plenty of guides on xda how to do it.

By unlocking sim does not give you unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

kidicarus1602

Oct 8, 2011
Hi there.

Please advice. Thanks.

Do you just want to change the firmware or use a different sim card in the phone?
You can change the firmware using flashtool.
But the phone itself will stay locked to EE

coombes69

Apr 4, 2014
Bromsgrove
I think he is referring to unlocking the bootloader which seems not possible when carrier locked.

I have the same phone on EE and also wish for mine to be unlocked to use custom 4.4 based roms/kernels.