[Q] HTC Desire HD Sound Quality

Search This thread

R832X5

Feb 19, 2011
Yeah, sounds like you did it correctly... It doesn't take 30 seconds, only a few.

If the SQ isn't any better... Then I don't know what you can do, sorry. I myself noticed a drastic improvement in quality after applying the patch. Is yours still as bad as mine was in the video that I posted? Because as you can see from that video, before applying the patch, the SQ was awful.

pacut

Sep 2, 2008
Rome
You know what ? Maybe you are right. Sounds is better.
I applied this patch in the very early days with my DHD, therefore I am not very used to hear bad sound from it.
yesterday I made a conference call through the speaker, and sound was a little metallic but overall clear and loud.

I do believe that, yes, I have to use an equilizer. Looking into andoid market I didn't find anything really interesting. The only one apps are player, whose equalizer does work only during playing. Do you know any app that works overall for ringer, speaker, etc. ?

Thanks !

clouds5

Feb 8, 2011
Im running ARHD 3.3 and im very happy with the sound quality. Im a musician so my ears are pretty sensitive. I use high quality inear phones from shure and my last device was an ipod touch. I dont hear any difference in quality.
Of course the loud speaker wont win any prices but that's the case with every phone in heard so far. With the ARHD improvements its bareable and loud enough.
So that's my experience with the DHD and soundquality.

ZedeN

Dec 20, 2009
Bristol
HELP

After applying the fix my phone went mental, every time i tried to play music with SRS it just played really REALLY loud static (impressed at the power of the speaker tbh)!! and the static would not stop for like 5 sec even after i stop the music.
Was forced to restore my phone.
Any suggestions to why? Is it because im running RCMix gingerbread rom?

pacut

Sep 2, 2008
Rome
Same for my DHD !

I thought it was something related to the music file. Nope. It happens on every file !

Anyway, to me this is not the worts. The worst is that metallic effect on the speaker during a call. That's why I am looking for any general equalizer that can adjust it. Any idea ?

pacut

Sep 2, 2008
Rome
Let me place also another question: what would it happen if I load another ROM ? Would it be lo st this patch ? Or would it keep on working ?

If this patch would be overridden by a new ROM, which one would you suggest that "sounds" good ?

R832X5

Feb 19, 2011
After applying the fix my phone went mental, every time i tried to play music with SRS it just played really REALLY loud static (impressed at the power of the speaker tbh)!! and the static would not stop for like 5 sec even after i stop the music.
Was forced to restore my phone.
Any suggestions to why? Is it because im running RCMix gingerbread rom?

Wow, sorry, but I have no idea what happened there. Just watched your video and yeah, that's weird... Mine definitely doesn't do that. Maybe just try reflashing the ROM altogether and then re-applying the fix?

Rlee491

Jul 6, 2010
Vancouver
Telus HTC DHD tiny Audio

I'm currently using leedroids 3.3.1 with kernel 3.2.0. I've noticed the last couple of versions of Leedroid that the Tiny Audio fix didn't fix the in call speaker. This is really starting to get on my nerves, and if anyone knows a fix please let me know. Everything else seems to be good, only when I'm in a call do i notice it. The only solution i have right now is turning the in call volume all the way down, but even that doesn't help it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey there, please get the TELUS AUDIO FIX for your device
    its a .zip
    simple to install, just put it on the ROOT of your sdcard
    then boot into recovery
    i assume you know what recovery is because you have modded the phone
    and apply update from zip
    pick the telus.audio.fix.zip
    give it 10-30 seconds
    and boom fixed
    And getting back to the topic, what have you done so far? Did you find any solution? If not you could try reflashing the turboniumx audio fix even though it is included in the rom.
    Iam wondering , does TELUS AUDIO FIX require rooted DHD ?
    If it doesn't , would it be possible to flash it just by going to recovery mod through CWM and then flash it ?