[Q] I have 4.3 custom ROM, how do I install 4.3+ ROMs?

Search This thread

wjdzm

Feb 6, 2013
Hey guys,

my GN2 has 4.3 Alliance ROM atm.

I noticed that there are more 4.3+ ROMs available than 4.3 ROMs...

What do I need to do to install 4.3+ ROMs?

I think I had to unroot, install 4.3 Stock, then Jailbreak to go from 4.1.2 to 4.3.

Thanks in advance.

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Hey guys,

my GN2 has 4.3 Alliance ROM atm.

I noticed that there are more 4.3+ ROMs available than 4.3 ROMs...

What do I need to do to install 4.3+ ROMs?

I think I had to unroot, install 4.3 Stock, then Jailbreak to go from 4.1.2 to 4.3.

Thanks in advance.
Jailbreak an "android" phone? Well anyways if you want to try 4.4.2 ROM all you need to do is clean wipe your phone via custom recovery and flash any of the 4.4.2 custom ROM.SuperSu is built into the ROM so you'll have root access if for some reason SuperSu crashes when you open it in app drawer just un install it via it's settings and go to playstore to update it and you are done.I am sure you aware of being on mj5 bootloader at least to get wifi working since you are on 4.3 you should have it already.Only thing is any 4.3 bootloaders wouldn't charge the phone with a 4.4.2 TW ROM on it ,it will turn on by itself when charger is plugged in.So if you are out of warranty and don't care about triggering knox when updating your bootloader. upgrade to ND3 bootloader which is 4.4.2 bootloader,but you cannot downgrade bootloader.So it's the choice you got to make which bootloader you'd like to stick to and its pros and cons.

ND3 bootloader

How to flash bootloader

wjdzm

Feb 6, 2013
Hey thanks so much for helping me out.
a few questions though.

Only thing is any 4.3 bootloaders wouldn't charge the phone with a 4.4.2 TW ROM on it ,it will turn on by itself when charger is plugged in.

I charge my phone using external charger so I never directly connect my phone to a charger. I guess this isn't a problem for me?

Can I install 4.3 ROM after installing 4.4.2?

Also what happens if I trigger know while updating my bootloader? does it brick my phone? what's remedy to triggering know?

Thanks again.

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
a few questions though.

I charge my phone using external charger so I never directly connect my phone to a charger. I guess this isn't a problem for me?

Also what happens if I trigger know while updating my bootloader? does it brick my phone? what's remedy to triggering know?

Thanks again.
That shouldn't be a problem if you charge your battery via those external chargers.When Knox is triggered you cannot go back to 4.1.2 ROM only 4.3 and higher ROM are possible.You won't brick your phone while upgrading your bootloader you might brick it while going back to an older bootloader although chances are rare since ODIN would not flash an older bootloader it would just FAIL on you.As of now one cannot reset Knox.

Reactions: wjdzm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    a few questions though.

Thanks again.
    That shouldn't be a problem if you charge your battery via those external chargers.When Knox is triggered you cannot go back to 4.1.2 ROM only 4.3 and higher ROM are possible.You won't brick your phone while upgrading your bootloader you might brick it while going back to an older bootloader although chances are rare since ODIN would not flash an older bootloader it would just FAIL on you.As of now one cannot reset Knox.