FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

NEW ORIGINAL X1 ROMS update 3.2.2010

196 posts
Thanks Meter: 192
 
By PavelX1, Senior Member on 25th January 2009, 03:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th April 2009, 03:14 PM |#981  
augie7107's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 420
 
More
The name in front of the city identifies network specific or unbranded firmware.
O2 is O2 branded
VFE is Vodafone
Generic is unbranded
 
 
14th April 2009, 06:10 PM |#982  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
oh , thanks. got it.
16th April 2009, 10:14 PM |#983  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Exclamation
Hello everyone,

I have been coming back to this thread for a couple of times now and I'm thinking of flashing my X1i. Perhaps this has already been asked & answered before, but I was unable to find an answer: how can I be sure I have the correct ROM? My current one is a GENERIC_NL and I really want a GENERIC_UK ROM, because I prefer English and I seem to be missing the handwriting recognition feature (and maybe more?)

Anyway, this is the information my mobile gives me:

[ Version ]
ROM version: 1.03.937.6
ROM date: 12/9/08
Radioversion: 1.10.25.18
Protocolversion: 52.56.25.29U
some extension version: 1.0.31555.11424


[ Info ]
Software-id: 1213-6448
Sodtwareversion: R2AA006
some change id: 1215-3311
some change version: R9A
some adjustment variant: GENERIC_NL
some data version: PA10

Beware of the italic text. I had to translate it from Dutch to English and I'm unsure what the exact English text would be on an English Windows Mobile


I'd really appreciate it if someone could push me into the right direction and tell me which (newest) GENERIC_UK ROM I can install without fearing of bricking my new phone!

edit: I've read something about an R3 version that may be released (soon?). Is that possible and if so, when will it be released?
16th April 2009, 10:31 PM |#984  
dogans's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medulla_Oblongata

Hello everyone,

I have been coming back to this thread for a couple of times now and I'm thinking of flashing my X1i. Perhaps this has already been asked & answered before, but I was unable to find an answer: how can I be sure I have the correct ROM? My current one is a GENERIC_NL and I really want a GENERIC_UK ROM, because I prefer English and I seem to be missing the handwriting recognition feature (and maybe more?)

Anyway, this is the information my mobile gives me:

[ Version ]
ROM version: 1.03.937.6
ROM date: 12/9/08
Radioversion: 1.10.25.18
Protocolversion: 52.56.25.29U
some extension version: 1.0.31555.11424


[ Info ]
Software-id: 1213-6448
Sodtwareversion: R2AA006
some change id: 1215-3311
some change version: R9A
some adjustment variant: GENERIC_NL
some data version: PA10

Beware of the italic text. I had to translate it from Dutch to English and I'm unsure what the exact English text would be on an English Windows Mobile


I'd really appreciate it if someone could push me into the right direction and tell me which (newest) GENERIC_UK ROM I can install without fearing of bricking my new phone!

edit: I've read something about an R3 version that may be released (soon?). Is that possible and if so, when will it be released?

You have NL version of R2AA006, and there is a newer UK rom, called "X1i_GENERIC_UK_CDF1215-1832_R2AA010 - uploaded".

I guess you could use that if you really want it in english.

There is no news about the R3 rom, but some people say that it'll be released in april.. so, soon hopefully.
16th April 2009, 10:43 PM |#985  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
@dogans: Thanks for the quick reply.

Knowing which ROM I need makes me much happier man! My battery needs recharging so I'll try installing the ROM tomorrow morning.

I take it that the newer ROM includes handwriting recognition and Office Mobile? Like my current one does.
16th April 2009, 11:07 PM |#986  
dogans's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medulla_Oblongata

@dogans: Thanks for the quick reply.

Knowing which ROM I need makes me much happier man! My battery needs recharging so I'll try installing the ROM tomorrow morning.

I take it that the newer ROM includes handwriting recognition and Office Mobile? Like my current one does.

Since it's an official ROM, yes, it should have the same stuff as your current.
Good luck
16th April 2009, 11:37 PM |#987  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
O2 UK R2A
That what i received yesterday from SE

"Thank you for your reply regarding updating the software on your Sony Ericsson X1.

Unfortunately the update the handset is not available on O2 yet. This is due to O2 not allowing the update on thier handsets.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again for further help and support.

For more information on our products and services, please feel free to visit our website at www.sonyericsson.com"

What should i think about it?
17th April 2009, 09:16 AM |#988  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogans

Since it's an official ROM, yes, it should have the same stuff as your current.
Good luck

Thanks. I just flashed my phone and everything went fine. Yay for English and added functionality (block recognizer, letter recognizer) and a newer ROM

Thanks for the help.
17th April 2009, 12:56 PM |#989  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 192
 
More
Small update:

update 17.4.2009 - Generic BRAZIL R2AA007 (1.03.943.7) official released and NEW Generic LATIN AMERICA R2AA015 (1.03.947.15) released/uploaded!

as always check the first page of this topic

Regards Pavel
18th April 2009, 04:00 AM |#990  
Senior Member
Flag Concepcion
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelx1

small update:

update 17.4.2009 - generic brazil r2aa007 (1.03.943.7) official released and new generic latin america r2aa015 (1.03.947.15) released/uploaded!

as always check the first page of this topic

regards pavel


thanks again pavel
great news for lam users....
Just try it myself and work like a charm and this rom has many improvement in panels and radio upgraded too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d
18th April 2009, 04:56 PM |#991  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi,
I`ve got the Xperia with generic german and i want to install the UK one(i downloaded it from the link you gave).The thing is that when i switch the phone on ,holding the minus and power button ,the lines appear,than says "loading" and then-"no image file" and it stops!what did i do wrong?pls help!
Regards,Stefan
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes