FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,107

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 8th November 2012, 06:19 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
12th May 2017, 10:14 PM |#2001  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

TWRP app?

no, twrp for my device galaxy s6( i have downloaded just need to flash it)..
that's why i am asking will flashing it cause boot loops?
12th May 2017, 10:28 PM |#2002  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,642

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakabakk20

no, twrp for my device galaxy s6( i have downloaded just need to flash it)..
that's why i am asking will flashing it cause boot loops?

Then use the twrp app.
13th May 2017, 03:33 PM |#2003  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

It makes the entire SELinux fake-permissive. Taking sepolicy from a recent CFAR and putting it in your port should work 99 out of 100 times.

If you want to do it manually, you'd take the sepolicy from the device's original boot image, adb push it to /data/local/tmp/sepolicy on a device that has a working SuperSU, and run this command:

Code:
supolicy --file /data/local/tmp/sepolicy /data/local/tmp/sepolicy_patched "permissive *"

Bit of a problem, I tried this and it worked, however the resulting patched sepolicy is massive compared to the original? Original is 751kb and the patched version is 4.62mb.
I have dumped the patched sepolicy with --dumpav and it shows each entry has been changed to "permissive", but why the massive change in file size?

Thanks.
13th May 2017, 05:29 PM |#2004  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Bit of a problem, I tried this and it worked, however the resulting patched sepolicy is massive compared to the original? Original is 751kb and the patched version is 4.62mb.
I have dumped the patched sepolicy with --dumpav and it shows each entry has been changed to "permissive", but why the massive change in file size?

Thanks.

Probably a bug in the handling. Two of those have been fixed in the development version since last release. New release should be out soon, try again then. Or attach the file here, maybe I can take a look.
13th May 2017, 11:39 PM |#2005  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Has anyone gotten this to work for G920VVRS4DQD1, Nougat 7.0 on Galaxy S6 SM-G920V?

As I understand it, this phone is impossible to root, so I was surprised to see this available for it.
14th May 2017, 08:36 AM |#2006  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Probably a bug in the handling. Two of those have been fixed in the development version since last release. New release should be out soon, try again then. Or attach the file here, maybe I can take a look.

Do you mean the latest release of SuperSU?
I'll post up the files for comparison. There seems to be many additional entries.
15th May 2017, 07:50 AM |#2007  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Do you mean the latest release of SuperSU?
I'll post up the files for comparison. There seems to be many additional entries.

Yes. There were two bugs that could create absolutely massive files.

It does add a great many rules though. Individual SELinux domains can be set to permissive in the policy, but some firmwares (including Samsung) have disabled this functionality. To work around this supolicy attempts to simply give each and every domain all the permissions. This can increase the number of rules by a factor.

The CFAR creation script uses this exact command:

Code:
supolicy --file infile outfile "permissive { init init_shell shell recovery adbd }"
Which performs this magic only for the init, init_shell, shell, recovery, and adbd domains
The Following User Says Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2017, 02:39 PM |#2008  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I have a phone LYF F1 (LS 5505) ,this device is powered by qualcomm 615 1.52 GHz processor and runs with android marshmallow 6.0.1.I think this device is made in such a way that this device will never be rooted,no one will be able to extract the stock rom,since qpst tools can not switch the device to download mode (the state column of the phone is always being uncomplete in qpst configuration tool),and even if we get any custom recovery for this device,we will not be able to flash it since this device does not respond to any of the fastboot commands (FAILED (remote: unknown command)).I am very very tired now in trying to root this phone.
19th May 2017, 05:20 AM |#2009  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
there is a chainfireauto file for the galaxy note 5 from verizon the sm-n920V model. The boat loader is locked tho? Will the root be a success even tho chainfire has the file? I noticed chainfire also had the file for the galaxy s8 already for the us model sm-950U
19th May 2017, 05:53 AM |#2010  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 8,020

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noflexing

there is a chainfireauto file for the galaxy note 5 from verizon the sm-n920V model. The boat loader is locked tho? Will the root be a success even tho chainfire has the file? I noticed chainfire also had the file for the galaxy s8 already for the us model sm-950U

And?

They are automatically generated builds...old news

Sent from my S8 plus, Note 7, S7 Edge or S6
The Following User Says Thank You to force70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift force70 Ad-Free
19th May 2017, 08:54 PM |#2011  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

And?

They are automatically generated builds...old news

Sent from my S8 plus, Note 7, S7 Edge or S6

I'm sure it had to have occurred to you that I don't know it was an auto generated build. I asked a question not knowing if my root will be a success. You didn't answer anything and was just plain rude. Shocking that you have around 9500 post and act this way. Should be more helpful.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread