[CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

O-T

Sep 28, 2010
buddy can I ask if I got your point right?
my phone is g900fd and has same chipset that g900f does,is it possible I use Lollipop CF auto root file released for g900f ?

thanks buddy
I have GT-I9295 and used CF-Auto-root made for GT-I9505.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53413091

They share the same chipset MSM8960 and the same partition and fstab mount point. High risk of brick phone if you don't learn more about devices and mount points ! !

Mind that installed stock recovery after CF-Auto-root is at the version of CF-Auto-root. It should be possible to install CWM, PhilZ or TWRP over it.
Or even flash the stock recovery identical to your current firmware (never tried that).

Last edited:
Reactions: Arasl-l

Arasl-l

Jan 6, 2012
Arak
I have GT-I9295 and used CF-Auto-root made for GT-I9505.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53413091

They share the same chipset MSM8960 and the same partition and fstab mount point. High risk of brick phone if you don't learn more about devices and mount points ! !

Mind that installed stock recovery after CF-Auto-root is at the version of CF-Auto-root. It should be possible to install CWM, PhilZ or TWRP over it.
Or even flash the stock recovery identical to your current firmware (never tried that).

Thanks buddy,I really don't know much about mount point but these two devise are almostly identical,BTW I still don't know whether to do it or it can be harmful.
the root access and Super User is much more important to me and recovery is after tha,but right now root access is my goal.

daviddema

Jul 12, 2012
Hello Chainfire,

Would you be so kind to perform your magic for the Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos (SM-G360HU)?
Find attached the recovery.img file extracted from stock firmware G360HUXXU0AOB1, Android 4.4.4.

Attachments

• recovery.img
    6.8 MB · Views: 101

faakher

Dec 17, 2012
Rooted SM-N9005

Hi everyone,
I would like to share my experience here to root Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) on Android 5.0

First make sure Reactivation Lock is disabled in Security Settings.
Download TWRP recovery tar file from TWRP site.
https://dl.twrp.me/hlte/
Download Flashable zip of SuperSU from chainfire's site:
https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
Place this zip inside your phone/sdcard
Download ODIN 3.09 from here:
http://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/#.VWRyis-qqko
Put your phone in download mode.
Through ODIN Flash TWRP recovery tar file and make sure not to check AutoRestart option. If you didn't do so, phone will reset stock recovery on reboot.
After Process is finished, pull out phone's battery and insert after 30 seconds.
now go to recovery and flash SuperSU zip file.

Don't forget to reset phone through recovery. In my case it caused some problems. So I've to reset phone.
Hurrah you phone is now root on Android 5.0

jmdearras

Aug 20, 2008
RIchmond, Virginia
Nexus 9 LTE 5.1.1

updateDoes the current CF-Auto-Root for Nexus 9 WiFi 5.0 work for the 5.1.1 LTE release?

Thanks
Jim

Update: I went ahead and tried it, and it worked perfectly! The second reboot scared me, I thought it was starting to bootloop., but it started fine after that. :)

Last edited:

motisu

Apr 2, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
SM-T530NU upgrade to lollipop 5.0.2

I have been on KK4.4.2 stock until now and I used the 4.4.2 version of CF-auto-root with no problems. Samsung just released stock Lollipop for this tablet (Tab 4 10.1") and I upgraded via smartswitch. Of course, I lost root and I want to get it back :) can I use the old version of autoroot for 4.4.2 or do I need a new version specific for the new ROM?

Thanks

Moti

Update: Just to let anyone who needs this to know. I took a chance and used the 4.4.2 version. Worked just fine!!

Last edited:

sandman795

Nov 22, 2012
Chicago
Hi Chainfire,
I need support to root the SM-N915FY (samsung galaxy note edge), you already rooted successfully other version of it but not the FY variant.
You can find here the recovery.img extracted from his rom. Could you create the necessary tool to root?
Thanks very much.

Has there been any update on this by chance? I'm still not seeing the N915V on the CF-Auto site.
Thanks.

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
@Chainfire ...
The CF-Root for Samsung S5 G906K does work on stock Lollipop firmwares??
Tnx.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 using Tapatalk 4

Aamir4813

Jun 14, 2014
ROOT samsung galaxy grand max SM-G7202

Sir im waiting for root guide for last 2 mothns but still i didt get anything
I know like my previous devices your tool worked fine as well as i tried on friend's s6.
Its awsum really.
I have lot of expactations
So please make support it for my device
Kitkat 4.4.4
Plzz im waitng for your important reply?
Thanku??

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1431582910245.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1431582910245.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 531

Mnemoch

Apr 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Does this mean that simply unrooting is all you have to do to get an OTA? Or is this a most likely scenario that will actually require the first OTA to confirm?

Never saw an answer to this, how to unroot after using Auto-Root to apply an OTA. Seeing conflicting info about flashing system.img, wiping, or just using some tool to unroot; but little in the way of specifics! I am on a MotoX Pure with 5.0 and am hoping to unroot to apply the OTA to 5.1

osowiecki

Feb 21, 2012
Poznań
Welp, I can pay for this.
By the way, the phone gets so hot during 3D gaming that it shuts down after some time to prevent thermal damage. Good design...

hunter777

Jan 11, 2015
can i use cf-auto-root on my GT-I9515 jfveltexx running on stock android 5.0.1 and if not can you please tell me any other method to root my phone .. thanks in advance

pocketpc@portugalmail.pt

May 19, 2007
Hello, i have a Samsung galaxy S5 (SM-G900F)
I installed the latest updates,then i tried to root my device with CF-auto root file,odin did successfully but the phone didn't restart,it keep saying:

""recovery rooting,
recovery is not standadid enforcing
set warranty bit : recovery""

I use:
Odin3_v3.10.6
CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltedx-smg900f (5.0.0)
Rom: Baltic (SEB) - SEB-G900FXXU1BOD3-20150527145300 (2015.04.09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-Auto-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root. In essence, it does nothing but install and enable SuperSU on your system, so apps can gain root access.

This thread serves as a central discussion and request thread for CF-Auto-Root. If you have questions about a specific CF-Auto-Root binary for a specific device, please go the relevant thread listed on the CF-Auto-Root homepage.

Donate
    CF-Root and CF-Auto-Root have been available for many devices (over 50 different models !) and have clocked over 9 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that include CF-Root (non-Auto) kernels. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every user had donated me $1...

What's installed
    - SuperSU binary and APK
    - Stock recovery (note that any other recovery you may have installed will be overwritten !)

What's the difference between CF-Auto-Root and CF-Root, and/or other root solutions ?
    CF-Root (non-Auto) are manually built rooted kernels and/or flashables that usually provide more than "just root". CF-Auto-Root is built on an automated system that I am constantly improving that takes a stock recovery image and returns an automated rooting packages. These packages are designed to install and enable SuperSU on your device, so apps can gain root access, and nothing more.

The difference with many other rooting solutions is that those will often install a custom recovery for you (I am personally moving away from custom kernels and recoveries, for various reasons), while with CF-Auto-Root you will end up with a stock recovery again.

Not included - custom recovery
    A custom recovery like CWM or TWRP is not included.

Not included - Triangle Away
    Triangle Away can be used to reset the flash counter after installing CF-Root. The flash counter keeps track of how many custom firmwares you have flashed, as this voids warranty. (No idea what this about ? Read up on it, you will want to use this !)

Not included - adbd Insecure
    As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
    http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/
    Requirements and requests

The the CF-Auto-Root project currently supports the following base boards:

- Samsung Exynos4
    - Texas Instruments Omap4
    - Qualcomm MSM8660

Other boards will probably be added soon. Currently only Samsung devices are supported, but I'm looking to expand into other devices soon as well.

To be able to make CF-Auto-Root for a device:

- The device needs to have (and use) separate kernel and recovery partitions
    - The kernel and recovery format must be the boot.img standard (no zImage support)
    - I need the recovery.img file, so post it in this thread if you need support for a new device :)
    Devices and threads

The full list of all supported devices is always available and always current at the CF-Auto-Root homepage.

Most supported devices have their own threads here on XDA, you can find the thread for your device in the device listing on the CF-Auto-Root homepage as well.

I will not be maintaining a secondary list in this post, as it would be double work.
    First of all, wasn't sure if it was allowed to post on this thread (it's odd, 4 days old and no post), as I've seen nothing saying I shouldn't, here I go.

Newbie question here:

1) Is it possible to flash CWM Recovery with this root?
    2) I'm willing to flash it, should I then just root using CF-Root(non-auto) as it already comes with CWM?
    3) The version of CWM on CF-Root (non-auto) is already outdated, would it be a problem if I just flashed the new version over it with ODIN (download it from clockworkmod.com/rommanager and flash)?

I ask this because I want to keep my phone as stock as possible, but want to be able to perform a Nandroid backup and flash some ZIPs (if there's a way to perferm/restore Nandroid backups and flash ZIPs w/o CWM please tell me how :) )

This thread is pretty much quiet because most of the supported devices have their own threads ;)

(1) Root is a separate thing from CWM. CF-Auto-Root does not include CWM, but if your device has a CWM build you can certainly flash it. The "ROM Manager" app will be able to install it if your device has an "officially" supported CWM build from Koush himself.
    (2) If a CF-Root (non-auto) is available then it's probably outdated. I do not maintain any CWM builds anymore, but others do for most devices, so you should be able to find one.
    (3) You can do that no problem.

I use Mobile ODIN for flashing ZIPs, but it does not do backup/restores (yet *wink*). For my other backup needs, I use Titanium Backup.

But to each their own. Some people prefer CWM, some people prefer TWRP, some people like me prefer stock so we can keep the counters at 0/official, etc. CF-Auto-Root keeps all our options open. It doesn't prevent you from anything, though it does also not include anything like that.