• WM 7

Votes: 35 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

mxxshadow

Mar 20, 2010
Hey Guys, i'm new here and would like to know what the best OS for the HD2 is (in your opinions).
After the default Win 6.5 i tried Android and i liked it very much.
So what do you Guys use, and like most ?

ty, mxxshadow

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
WM6.5.x Energy ROMs, 23699 being my favourite.
Android is a long way off from what I need & comes not even close to custom WM with a user who has educated himself from XDA forums.

SpiderVenom

Aug 21, 2009
As far as best os without any issues, as much as it pains me to say so I would have to go with wm6.5 especially if you're just starting out and don't really know how to work on your phone yet. But once you do get a little bit of knowledge behind you I would give it to Android. I've been using NAND as my daily driver for months now

xlr8me

Apr 19, 2010
Win mo for day to day os and android for weekends on sd card. They are 2 of the best os currently available. Win 6.5 blows anything else for customization. Android comes a close 2nd especially with cyanogen mod.

Love them both long live hd2 :)

nessqn

Feb 27, 2010
I'm using android as my daily OS now...WM6.5 with energy ROM+CHT is excellent...but i think HD2 runs better with Android,especially GB.

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
I didn't know there were still someone using Winmobile on their HD2s.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App

Yeh that's what happens when your a fandroid user, can't keep up to date as your platform is a backward muddle & you've slowed your device down by downloading all those two minute developed trashy apps ... lol

Android is ok, have a Desire kicking around but it does not work well as a daily runner for me.
Somewhere between the 2 platforms would be the perfect OS !

Segnale007

Feb 24, 2010
Mexico City
twitter.com
Yeh that's what happens when your a fandroid user, can't keep up to date as your platform is a backward muddle & you've slowed your device down by downloading all those two minute developed trashy apps ... lol

Lol u don't even know how good and smooth android works on the HD2, for sure way better than Winmobile does. And what 2 minutes developed trashy apps?? Well at least we have a decent market, look at yours...

Have fun with your Mobile OS supported by none, not even from Microsoft itself...

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Lol u don't even know how good and smooth android works on the HD2, for sure way better than Winmobile does. And what 2 minutes developed trashy apps?? Well at least we have a decent market, look at yours...

Have fun with your Mobile OS supported by none, not even from Microsoft itself...

It runs no where near as smooth as my current WM ROM setup & I have tried it & also on a native device, won't really notice the difference in term of Microsoft support as we haven't had much help from them over the last 6 years. The amount of quality professional applications for Android is still very limited as for the market, not into that Apple idea, I found all I need via XDA & good web searching & 8 years experience with the platform.
At this current time I could not perform my work tasks via Android hence why my Desire is a toy & paper weight on my desk.
With more platform & professional application support Android will be as good as people boast about at the moment but that takes time & that is why WM still can hold its own ground in the professional user market.

Segnale007

Feb 24, 2010
Mexico City
twitter.com
It runs no where near as smooth as my current WM ROM setup & I have tried it & also on a native device, won't really notice the difference in term of Microsoft support as we haven't had much help from them over the last 6 years. The amount of quality professional applications for Android is still very limited as for the market, not into that Apple idea, I found all I need via XDA & good web searching & 8 years experience with the platform.
At this current time I could not perform my work tasks via Android hence why my Desire is a toy & paper weight on my desk.
With more platform & professional application support Android will be as good as people boast about at the moment but that takes time & that is why WM still can hold its own ground in the professional user market.

Yea, sure, I want u to believe that ... Btw, look at the score above, see the result so far and come back and see it in a couple of days.

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Yea, sure, I want u to believe that ... Btw, look at the score above, see the result so far and come back and see it in a couple of days.

The score may say andriode but it is not a true reflection of wich OS is better. Win Mo comes out the box more functional an ready for use then Android. Eindows is a stand alone OS where if it was no Lenuix it would be no Android. Everyone likes Android because it runs smooth out the box, but if you use a custom Win Mo ROM it is just as smooth if not smoother than Android.
Now this is partially do to the lack of Microsofts support for Win Mo but tbey have been to busy developing the stupid and redundant WP7 is why. Why is this because people are to lazy to actually spend time to learn how to use Win Mo and how capable and useful it is. Andriod to me feels like a very trimmed down version of Win Mo to me. I mean you have an app tray and thats it, atleast with Win Mo you can organize apps as you want. The Android home screen if cool but install Cookies Home Tab on Win Mo and you have a better home screen then any Android device or ROM. Heck I even prefer the HTC Sense UI in thd stock ROM over Android home screen. I can not no matter how many apps I search for in the Android matket use Android as a literal extension of my home or work PC. As far as apps go hey the apps or out there but once again I go back to people being to lazy to search for them as they are not all in one place. I call that being true open sourced as anyone can make a app for Win Mo. But if Google does .ot like your app it will never be on the market or get pulled from the market. Sure you can still side load it but if it messes up your device there goes your waranty. Besides I have tried a ton of Android apps and what good are apps tbat only do one thing or 500 of the same apps I mean really. Oh and just incase someone wants to mention flash, flash only works on the default Android browser does that really make it flash capable? In short give me a Win Mo and a Android device and I am going with the Win Mo everytime. So have fun with playing with Android while us Win Mo users are actually using or devices to be productive.

kazzxtrismus

Feb 9, 2009
The score may say andriode but it is not a true reflection of wich OS is better. Win Mo comes out the box more functional an ready for use then Android. Eindows is a stand alone OS where if it was no Lenuix it would be no Android. Everyone likes Android because it runs smooth out the box, but if you use a custom Win Mo ROM it is just as smooth if not smoother than Android.
Now this is partially do to the lack of Microsofts support for Win Mo but tbey have been to busy developing the stupid and redundant WP7 is why. Why is this because people are to lazy to actually spend time to learn how to use Win Mo and how capable and useful it is. Andriod to me feels like a very trimmed down version of Win Mo to me. I mean you have an app tray and thats it, atleast with Win Mo you can organize apps as you want. The Android home screen if cool but install Cookies Home Tab on Win Mo and you have a better home screen then any Android device or ROM. Heck I even prefer the HTC Sense UI in thd stock ROM over Android home screen. I can not no matter how many apps I search for in the Android matket use Android as a literal extension of my home or work PC. As far as apps go hey the apps or out there but once again I go back to people being to lazy to search for them as they are not all in one place. I call that being true open sourced as anyone can make a app for Win Mo. But if Google does .ot like your app it will never be on the market or get pulled from the market. Sure you can still side load it but if it messes up your device there goes your waranty. Besides I have tried a ton of Android apps and what good are apps tbat only do one thing or 500 of the same apps I mean really. Oh and just incase someone wants to mention flash, flash only works on the default Android browser does that really make it flash capable? In short give me a Win Mo and a Android device and I am going with the Win Mo everytime. So have fun with playing with Android while us Win Mo users are actually using or devices to be productive.

I agree for business winMo is better.. winMo is just as smooth and stable when ROM'd...

with android.. i cant find a CALENDAR (not a stinkin tasker) that will allow notes IN a meeting BEFORE AND AFTER its occurrence.
i cant adjust screen sensitivity
i cant sort my apps
i am limited to # of home screens...etc etc

the market charges for foolish things that should be free like solitaire.
1/2 the games dont work universally or across droid versions (2,2 2,3).
flash is an afterthought.
the office emulation is not very good either.

android will take off when it gets the basics down pat.. in the mean time its a toy like the Iphone... but at least better with the sd card slot

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Good accurate replies, Android hit the big sales by targeting the main Mobile market. Windows was alway first a profesional choice or geeks toy.
Windows is far better in the hands of a capable user who can set it up well & thus that is why I am still using it.

Top Liked Posts