Bionic on tmobile

Search This thread

XMarinE

Feb 12, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
LG V60 ThinQ
I have my Droid Bionic working on the T-Mobile network in the USA. No problems at all...thank you! I also posted a video of it working. The issue with the carrier showing up as "T-Mobil" and "T-Mobile" comes and goes so it's not a big deal as long as I can make calls and text and mms! I don't have a data plan so I could not test on T-Mobile. I have also successfully used a Straight Talk $45 plan (with APN data settings) without issues. AT&T card was also used without any problems. Only thing is make sure to set up the APN if you use data on these carriers.

SUCCESS and running since 6/3/2012!:D

here is a video of it working that I uploaded to YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vWgUczSbsw

Last edited:

bestrafer

Sep 14, 2008
Still can't make bionic pick up GSM-900 and GSM-1800 bands, while umts-2100 works fine, including voice and data.

Last edited:

Descalzo

Sep 5, 2010
Ok so I got this Bionic and Had it "Flashed" to Boost.....problem is that it didnt work and the guy is being stupid about it and saying it should work...LOL. So my Question is...how do i flash my Bionic to Boost Mobile? Its already rooted and no I have no idea what he used to do it with.:laugh:

I flashed my Bionic to Page Plus. The programs I used were QPST and/or CDMA Workshop.

QPST does more stuff but is more complicated. CDMA Workshop is easier to use but does less stuff, especially on the free demo.

What you need to do is search for how to flash the Bionic to Boost Mobile. If it's anything like Page Plus, there are people who have written up detailed instructions on how to do it, even YouTube videos.

Reactions: JdmIntegra352

JdmIntegra352

Jun 23, 2012
I flashed my Bionic to Page Plus. The programs I used were QPST and/or CDMA Workshop.

QPST does more stuff but is more complicated. CDMA Workshop is easier to use but does less stuff, especially on the free demo.

What you need to do is search for how to flash the Bionic to Boost Mobile. If it's anything like Page Plus, there are people who have written up detailed instructions on how to do it, even YouTube videos.

Ok so the guy said he used QPST...but it didnt do anything at all. Im really confused and on top of that...im waiting for the ECOMOTO cord to come in the mail...unless Im able to use another cord im stuck...so i guess i go alot of research to do.

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Until T-Mobile US deploys their HSPA network on non AWS bands, the MDM6600 will not be able to use it. The chipset does not support AWS 1700/2100 where uplink and downlink are on separate bands.

dermk4

May 23, 2012
Hong Kong
For those who has no luck getting GSM/UMTS data to work on stock 2233 ICS leak, go the CM9 route.

1. Do a clean 902 install
2. 905 OTA
3. Root
4. Voodoo's OTA Root keeper
5. 2233 ICS leak
6. Get the latest CM9 nightly by dhacker based on the ICS leaks from this link. Install Bionic Bootstrap.

http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/targa/ics-leak-builds/cm9/

7. Reboot into recovery, do the wipes and install. Now connect your phone to the PC in MTP mode (Settings -> Storage -> Menu), perform the same RadioComm edit. Upon reboot my phone shows Verizon Wireless at the lockscreen at first, without a single bar of signal. Now, edit your build.prop

ro.telephony.default_network=0 (to set HSDPA preferred network type)
ro.mot.phonemode.vzw4gphone=0 (to make possible APN edit)
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0 (to fix signal strength and wrong carrier)
ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength (to fix non-updating signal strength indicator)

8. Reboot and go enter your APN as usual

9. Results = Correct network display, instant voice + DATA! CM9 even gives you the H for HSPA indicator, nice!

Big thanks to dhacker and all the devs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: There are some bugs to note

1. Auto screen rotation is buggy, keep showing a zoomed-out homescreen between transitions
2. Signal indicator always shows full strength (instead of none), either way it is not accurate (FIXED, see above)
3. Performance settings FCs.
4. There were occasional data drops (UPDATE: This is fixed by enabling European bands, will elaborate on this later)

Last edited:

Ivan DeSlayer

Jun 18, 2012
I DID IT!!!

I you can't get data and MMS to work, is easy, just open the dialer, and press ##7764726 (##PROGRAM), enter your SPC ( default 000000) and enter at 13 option (APN Controls) and inside choose the third option APN edit Config, now use menu's key at left bottom ( rhe one with four squares) and tap, New APN and just add your carriers configuration and PRESTO you got it
And people who said the data works, is coz there are many apns but only from USA

PD
The Shortcuts to APN edition does not work, they crash when you tap to write, but whit my method that does not matter :)

THANK YOU! That did it. I don't know how but that did it but it did.

I'm running a Bionic on Straight Talk with Eclipse 3.0!

dermk4

May 23, 2012
Hong Kong
FYI: there is a menu with bands under "phone info", where you select preferred mode, like:
USA Bands
Euro Bands
Japan
Austr1
Austr2

but selecting f.i. "Euro band" fails... may be we should focus on changing that option?

Interesting, I never get those options on my Bionic regardless of which ROM I flash, USA band was always the only one available. The last time I was able to have them on the bionic was by applying the GSM patch for Razr to it, of course that didn't work. That patch included some RIL files from GSM Razrs, but unlike the Razrs and the Photon 4G, our Bionics don't have cousins living abroad.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got this done - no gsm data yet

Looking for someone to help make DATA working... I have all files but nowhere to upload to...

PROCEDURE
    1. Update Bootloader to (0A.72)

2. Install stock ROM with RSD Lite
    ----> GB: VRZ_XT875_5.9.904.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01

Make sure Debug Mode is ON and it's connected as CHARGER ONLY (not Mass Storage)

3. Root the phone with motofail (motofail_windows.zip)

4. Install Bootstrap (BionicBootstrap.apk)

5. Reboot into recovery and install ICS Gummy (Gummy_targa-Release-1.0.2.zip + speargapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip)

6. To enable GSM/UMTS follow these steps:
    1. Ensure USB is connected as PC Tools mode (not Mass Storage)
    2. In Radiocomm go to MA->CDMA1X->QSC60x5
    3. After it comes up, switch to FTM Common1 tab and wait for the phone to enumerate purple.
    4. On the upper right side in the NVAccess, scroll to NV item 1877 NV_RF_BC_CONFIG_I
    5. Read the value from the device
    6. Replace the first 8 bytes (16 digits) with: 8703E80400000200
    7. Write the data to the device and powercycle.
    This will enable GSM/UMTS bands.

To disable GSM/UMTS, perform the same 7 steps, but replace the 8-byte data with: 0700000000000000​

AFTER SOME WHILE GSM SIGNAL IS STRONG FOR VOICE BUT NO DATA
    This post shows the directions in pictures.

directions.jpg
    Bionic GSM Band Config update.zip

Here is the zip file installation.

As stated above, it can only be run from Bionic Bootstrap recovery and not from Safestrap.

Just place the zip on the root of the sdcard and then open Bionic Bootstrap and boot into recovery and select Install zip from sdcard, then Choose zip and select the file and install it. it takes about 2 seconds to run and then reboot the phone after putting the SIM in and it should work immediately in most cases.

The zip only performs the NV edit to Item 1877(0755 hex) rec 1 bytes length 8 and no other modifications.

We made zips for the D4 and Razr as well and will probably make a more formal release post for those devices, as they require some additional files for everything to work properly.

The Bionic was the first one and, as it turns out, the easiest of them.

I am also taking a look at the Xoom and trying to make it work on that device too.

This really opens up a lot of possibilities and probably some serious consternation for VZW.

Thanks to fragulina for the original hack!
    I have all the files myself but nowhere to upload to...

I have a private server with private access you could pm me and I can send you a username and password, then it could be seeded via torrent.

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

This is a pic of the Bionic using both Tmo and ATT using this hack. The pics are from TeamBlackHat using this seem edit.

proofoflife.jpg

The directions were added to the image. The original directions can be found on page 2 of this thread.