[Q] Galaxy Note 10.1 as a Wacom graphics tablet for the desktop PC

Search This thread

nemofunk

Jan 2, 2013
Note 10.1 as a Drawing Tablet

Hey, I have been wondering the same thing, at least using my Note 10.1 as a Cintiq.

Has anyone else noticed that Cintiq / Wacom has released the Cintiq Companion Hybrid which is android based, just curious if someone could use the rom from that tablet and convert or just pull the apps that allow for it to work in that fashion.

if you check out the Wacom site it will have the info on the tablet there.
sorry too new to post links :(

I know very little of how Roms work, so if someone wants to set me straight Im all for it HAHA.

Ayle87

Jul 19, 2011
I ve tried Slide, Virtual Tablet and Stablet. I have to say virtual tablet works the best, and I actually bought the first two, more as a 'keep going' kinda deal than anything because they are not working perfectly. Slide doesn't have hover and its tricky, but its usb and that makes it more stable, virtual tablet does everything I want, excepts that it's a bit laggy and the pressure sensitivity "jumps" a lot, leaving all my lines looking dotted, like i pushed to hard every cm or so. Stablet runs with the old "portrait" apk, but the 3.0 app fails,I guess because im running 64bit.

sicunder

Nov 25, 2014
Ability to pc screen in my tablet/phablet device?

The notion of using my wacom enabled samsung note3 neo as a wacom tablet for windows 7 pc was the reason I bought this expensive phone. I have read good things mostly about virtual tablet.
But I have few questions regarding such apps-
1. Does any such app gives the ability to see the desktop screen on the tablet device? cause I will be using this to handwrite not just annotating.
2. Is the mobile heating issue still present in virtual tablet?
3. Is the pen hover function present or we need to drag the pen in contact with tablet screen to get mouse function?
4. How bad is the lag?
5. I specifically need it for onenote does it support it?
6. Do I need to have Internet plan for this from my simcard provider? I don't get free wifi and thus it can get expensive that way.
7. Can it be done via USB tethering or blue tooth which one will have the least lag?

claytonjn

Nov 3, 2011
claytonjamesphotography.webs.com
The notion of using my wacom enabled samsung note3 neo as a wacom tablet for windows 7 pc was the reason I bought this expensive phone. I have read good things mostly about virtual tablet.
But I have few questions regarding such apps-
1. Does any such app gives the ability to see the desktop screen on the tablet device? cause I will be using this to handwrite not just annotating.
2. Is the mobile heating issue still present in virtual tablet?
3. Is the pen hover function present or we need to drag the pen in contact with tablet screen to get mouse function?
4. How bad is the lag?
5. I specifically need it for onenote does it support it?
6. Do I need to have Internet plan for this from my simcard provider? I don't get free wifi and thus it can get expensive that way.
7. Can it be done via USB tethering or blue tooth which one will have the least lag?

This doesn't answer any of your questions, but it sounds like you want this functionality to take notes with Microsoft OneNote? If so, are you aware that there is a OneNote Andriod app? It's not nearly as feature-rich as the Windows counterpart but is good for general note taking and if you store your notes on OneDrive they'll automatically back up and sync between OneNote on various devices.

Reactions: sicunder

sicunder

Nov 25, 2014
Can virtualtabletlite function offline without wifi ?

It's not nearly as feature-rich as the Windows counterpart

that and the fact that free version only allows online notebooks not offline. Internet happens to be a big distraction and expenditure for me .

that also brings me to the similar problem i have regarding Virtual Tablet App, can it be used without internet and without lag. I do have a Bluetooth in my PC. will there be too much lag with blue tooth or USB tethering will be faster? And thanks for the prompt reply this seems to be an active and considerate community.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...esult#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5zc20uc3BlbiJd

Works fantastically! Hovering and pressure sensitivity both work! Unfortunately, it occasionally jumps around a bit for me while drawing, but it's a very good start.

EDIT: Just realised this is the note 10.1 forum. App is working on my Galaxy Note II, but I don't have a 10.1 to test it on. Worth a try though.
    App: Unified Remote
    Theory:

3 steps towards using Note10.1 as full working digitizer tablet:

(Note 10.1's digitizer IS a Wacom digitizer)

1. use/install e.g "Bamboo"drivers on PC

2. Wireless connection interface by BT and/or WiFi and/or WLAN (has to be written)

3. App for Note 10.1 that sends Digitizer input info to PC

The question is how to get there:

Now the digitizer input info is somewhere in the firmware. It should be possible to extract it and build an app with it that simply sends the infos wirelessly to the PC as "Bamboo"digitizer tab does.

The PC drivers then translate this info into actions in programs ......

Nobody there of the hardcore-devs to give it a try ?
    I am afraid that pressure info is not implemented yet in Unified Remote but could be programmed within this app (custom input remote).

Will dig into this and look if I could setup a script, but it will take time .................................
    if your asking what i think you are. Being able to get a program such as cs5 to see the tablet as its input device. The program would have to be aware of the capability of the tablet.There would have to be drives for the whole device being used as a input device not just a media device as adb shows it to a computer now..

The short answer is its Not likely. thou there is a app that will let you use your phone as a mouse. but again that would not in my opinion give you the necessary control you need. I have a wacom intuos graphic tablet. Wacom and cs work so well together . Very much work was done to get this to happen. I Would say buy a intuos 4 or 5 . You will NOT regret it. I love mine.. its a amazing piece of hardware. but with cs5 you better have a beefy computer with the tilt feature for brush strokes and take a computer to its limits and beyond..

quad core amd with 1 gb ram ssd drive on ours ..
    good Luck ..