[ROM][CM7.2] Magna Rom [CM10 Look] [BackPorted CM10 features] Alpha 2

Should the development of this rom be resumed?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Switch to newer android version

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

laz3r69

Jan 20, 2012
Kerala,India
Magna Rom
Based on CyanogenMod 7.2
With CyanogenMod 10 Backported Features and UI

Alpha 2

<< DISCLAIMER >>

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

I know that all are going after JellyBean and ICS..but battery life, video playback,camera...many things are better in gingerbread..
But JellyBean...its UI sweeps us off our feet!!:victory:

So I thought of backporting certain JellyBean features into our beloved CM7..:D

This started off my hobby..modding CM7 to suit my likes...then I thought of a new thread in XDA..:D

Features (As of now)
  • Based on CyanogenMod 7.2 For P500
  • Network,Sensors.. works!!..No more patch needed
  • JellyBean Theme
  • JellyBean Transitions
  • JellyBean Statusbar (No Notification Mods)
  • JellyBean Settings
  • JellyBean Button Layout
All the above is build into the system..no external app.

• ADW.Launcher
  • ES File Explorer
  • Latest Hosts file for Ad-Blocking
  • Google DNS Servers for better browsing
  • build.prop Tweaks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5kt.png

8fe.png
2hj.png
uub.png

9qx.png
e9c.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog :
Alpha 3 :

Alpha 2 :
  • JellyBean Volume Panel (Initial).
  • JellyBean Notification Layout (No Buttons though).
  • LatinIME Themed.
  • JellyBean Button Layout.
  • DeskClock Widget Themed.
  • System Theme Improved.
  • Phone and Contacts Themed.
  • Browser Theme & Layout Improved.
  • StatusBar Improved.
  • Icons Fixed.
Alpha 1 :
  • Initial Build
  • Partial JellyBean SYSTEM Theme with themed apps
  • CM10 BootAnimation
  • JellyBean Transitions
  • JellyBean Sounds
  • StatusBar Look but no Notification Style
  • Settings App Partial

Bugs :
  • Settings app FC on opening About Phone (Not Always).
  • SystemUI FC on DPI Change.
  • Several Theming pending.

ry3l.png

Google
CyanogenMod Team

Last edited:

ManBearrrPig

Jan 7, 2012
cm7 battery life and camera with jelly bean look... :victory:
will try it when i have time.
could you include some sound mods?

Last edited:
Reactions: laz3r69

FitAmp

Mar 21, 2012
Terrace
As far as I know placeholder threads are not allowed, also is this compiled from source?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

laz3r69

Jan 20, 2012
Kerala,India
Hahahahaa :D:D:D:D:D:D

NOTE: XDA PLEASE CREATE SEPRATE SECTION FOR COMING SOON THREAD :thumbup::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sent from my LG-P690 using xda premium

:laugh::highfive:...I shall upload a build this weekend...but there is lot of work to be done...just consider that one as a test dose..;)

TdiGuy

Nov 20, 2012
Moto G Stylus 5G
The rom sounds promising. But of course it would sound promising to have the battery life of CM 7 with the look and feel of JB.
The BIG questions is how much of these features will work properly?
I just got my hands on cm 9.2.2 and its very nice the only thing that i would list as semi working is wifi tethering and i say semi working because after turning it off the phone reboots. It even has the elusive offline charging working not sure if there are any other roms other than stock that have that.

laz3r69

Jan 20, 2012
Kerala,India
The rom sounds promising. But of course it would sound promising to have the battery life of CM 7 with the look and feel of JB.
The BIG questions is how much of these features will work properly?
I just got my hands on cm 9.2.2 and its very nice the only thing that i would list as semi working is wifi tethering and i say semi working because after turning it off the phone reboots. It even has the elusive offline charging working not sure if there are any other roms other than stock that have that.

For the time being, there are quite not many features...but I plan to include more..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Magna Rom
    Based on CyanogenMod 7.2
    With CyanogenMod 10 Backported Features and UI

Alpha 2

<< DISCLAIMER >>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

I know that all are going after JellyBean and ICS..but battery life, video playback,camera...many things are better in gingerbread..
    But JellyBean...its UI sweeps us off our feet!!:victory:

So I thought of backporting certain JellyBean features into our beloved CM7..:D

This started off my hobby..modding CM7 to suit my likes...then I thought of a new thread in XDA..:D

Features (As of now)
    • Based on CyanogenMod 7.2 For P500
    • Network,Sensors.. works!!..No more patch needed
    • JellyBean Theme
    • JellyBean Transitions
    • JellyBean Statusbar (No Notification Mods)
    • JellyBean Settings
    • JellyBean Button Layout
    All the above is build into the system..no external app.

• ADW.Launcher
    • ES File Explorer
    • Latest Hosts file for Ad-Blocking
    • Google DNS Servers for better browsing
    • build.prop Tweaks

5kt.png

8fe.png
    2hj.png
    uub.png

9qx.png
    e9c.png

Changelog :
    Alpha 3 :

Alpha 2 :
    • JellyBean Volume Panel (Initial).
    • JellyBean Notification Layout (No Buttons though).
    • LatinIME Themed.
    • JellyBean Button Layout.
    • DeskClock Widget Themed.
    • System Theme Improved.
    • Phone and Contacts Themed.
    • Browser Theme & Layout Improved.
    • StatusBar Improved.
    • Icons Fixed.
    Alpha 1 :
    • Initial Build
    • Partial JellyBean SYSTEM Theme with themed apps
    • CM10 BootAnimation
    • JellyBean Transitions
    • JellyBean Sounds
    • StatusBar Look but no Notification Style
    • Settings App Partial

Bugs :
    • Settings app FC on opening About Phone (Not Always).
    • SystemUI FC on DPI Change.
    • Several Theming pending.

ry3l.png

Google
    CyanogenMod Team
    Alpha 2

Alpha 2 Uploaded...Changelog Updated
    First of all...this rom is UNDER DEVELOPMENT..
    Then a Fact : Our phone had Froyo running back in 2010...then came gingerbread and as a result of hardwork of many developers it can RUN JellyBean...
    Our phone is not a powerhouse and can never run android versions following gingerbread smoothly..Many developers had already said this..due to hardware limits...

As I had already stated...Gingerbread has better battery life and camera quality...that's what made me think of this rom...
    I personally use Jenkins build whenever I run into bugs...but I had to sacrifice camera,video and battery(barely lasts 6 hrs for me)...
    I used this for a couple of days and i must say that it's bad ... in comparison with icysnap for example,the graphics are bad,the whole ui and animations are way smoother on ics,battery is about the same or better on ics,games performance again about the same.I played that illegal new game from market and worked fine so i guess it can t be better on gb.You just gotta use a good kernel.Apps like facebook for example are smoother on ics.Neko's hwa app is a blessing :D Anyway,I'm not talking only about icysnap(even if i consider it to be the best ics rom)...but all ics roms).The android improved from 1.6 to 4.2 and they didn't only changed the name,the ui,some animations and apps and that's it.They made android better so even if we have a pathetic video recording in ics,I think moving forward totally worths.So my advice for you,as a user who tested lots of roms and uses this phone for more than 2 years,go to ics or jb.I really hope that jb will have ics's functionality shortly...
    I hope this won't discourage you,I just hope you got the message...start developing for ics or jb if you really like to improve this phone's performance.Thanks for you time ;)

I've always had a better time using cm7. The reason why I compile it, because I USE it.
    Which is completely my own opinion.

I don't find anything wrong with good ol' cm7, its great ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    Wow.now i will stay in recovery mode until it.s ready.:))

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app