FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.1+] YouTube Downloader v6.7.3

1,613 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,626
 
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd February 2015, 05:27 AM |#2281  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
@xda_dentex please add audio extraction in .m4a container
 
 
3rd February 2015, 05:37 AM |#2282  
s1l3nt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 531
 
More
converting to mp3 is not working in latest update for me
3rd February 2015, 07:08 AM |#2283  
xda_dentex's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,626
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principe999

@xda_dentex please add audio extraction in .m4a container

Although it's already possible, you can also download it directly. First go into settings and enable "secondary streams". Handle again a video link and in Formats you will see the m4a qualities available (and more).
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1l3nt

converting to mp3 is not working in latest update for me

Try clearing the app's data (if needed, you can backup the dashboard before clearing and restore it later). The right FFmpeg version should be downloaded. If not, send me a log through the app's settings.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
3rd February 2015, 03:12 PM |#2284  
s1l3nt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 531
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

.

Try clearing the app's data (if needed, you can backup the dashboard before clearing and restore it later). The right FFmpeg version should be downloaded. If not, send me a log through the app's settings.

I changed the encoding bitrate and its now working again. I sent a logcat anyway tho.
The Following User Says Thank You to s1l3nt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift s1l3nt Ad-Free
3rd February 2015, 05:26 PM |#2285  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

Although it's already possible, you can also download it directly. First go into settings and enable "secondary streams". Handle again a video link and in Formats you will see the m4a qualities available (and more).

Try clearing the app's data (if needed, you can backup the dashboard before clearing and restore it later). The right FFmpeg version should be downloaded. If not, send me a log through the app's settings.

not every video has m4a streams that match the audio quality of 720p video.
if you try jdownloader 2 plugin you will see, sometimes it will download the 720p video and then extract audio stream in m4a container ( AAC is not the same) , sometimes it will just download the high quality audio stream.

btw i cant find extract in m4a container, i can only see aac.
3rd February 2015, 06:19 PM |#2286  
xda_dentex's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,626
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principe999

not every video has m4a streams that match the audio quality of 720p video. if you try jdownloader 2 plugin you will see, sometimes it will download the 720p video and then extract audio stream in m4a container ( AAC is not the same) , sometimes it will just download the high quality audio stream.

Ok. I didn't exactly check all matching qualities.
Quote:

btw i cant find extract in m4a container, i can only see aac.

If here you mean that for m4a files you can't find "extract" into the menu, this is because m4a files are containers with an aac audio stream inside (as you seem to know).
Now to answer your 1st request:
Quote:

please add audio extraction in .m4a container

I think it's pointless to "extract" the aac from the m4a, since it's the only thing that's contained inside. Also, this stream is directly available for download, so it doesn't require any post-process.

On the other hand, when you have mp4 files, they obviously contain a video stream together with the aac audio stream. Thus the option to extract the audio. Now one can argue "why don't you wrap it in a m4a container?"... Possible, but I just didn't think about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
3rd February 2015, 07:06 PM |#2287  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
what i mean is "why don't you wrap it in a m4a container?". m4a its better then aac because its widely supported in audio players. mp3 conversion its not an option for me, going from lossy to another lossy codec is a super bad idea.
3rd February 2015, 07:26 PM |#2288  
xda_dentex's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,626
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principe999

what i mean is "why don't you wrap it in a m4a container?". m4a its better then aac because its widely supported in audio players. mp3 conversion its not an option for me, going from lossy to another lossy codec is a super bad idea.

Makes sense.
At this point I think I may switch to a m4a whenever the app now extracts an aac. We would also have one less format going around.
I need to do some tests regarding FFmpeg and the extraction operation, but I'm sure it's possible.
Thanks.

PS: seeing now I already wanted to to this back in Dec 2013 ...
We already talked about m4a and aac. This time I'll try to do it for real. It's a "nice to have".
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
4th February 2015, 05:37 AM |#2289  
vikraminside's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
I want a feature. Back button to last view tab. It is little uncomfortable for app to close abruptly on back button.

Or
Close dialog may be issued optionally. Do you want to exit? This will ensure alert of accidental back button usage.

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app
4th February 2015, 05:51 AM |#2290  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikraminside

I want a feature. Back button to last view tab. It is little uncomfortable for app to close abruptly on back button.

Or
Close dialog may be issued optionally. Do you want to exit? This will ensure alert of accidental back button usage.

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

I already asked for that one. Try settings->User interface->Back button thru tabs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leswgnr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leswgnr Ad-Free
4th February 2015, 09:24 PM |#2291  
Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Download Video With Subtitles
Hello,

Thank you for this great app.

Is it possible to add the option to download a video with subtitles please?

Thanks again,

Awais
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adfree, youtube downloader android dentex free

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes