FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.1+] YouTube Downloader v6.7.3

1,613 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,626

Post Reply Email Thread
25th December 2017, 05:09 AM |#3271  
Ffmpeg download is always hanging after 72%. I've tried reinstalling app and deleting old one in explorer. Nothing is working. Why?
I'm also getting a "please enable network connection first " when I'm connected to the internet. Is there a bug here?

27th December 2017, 12:53 PM |#3272  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
First time using YouTube downloader (v5.2.5) simple and easy to use, although I've noticed this: Why I can't get "categories" in search (attachment)? Also, once a video is downloaded, I'm forced to fully exit the app repeatedly and still wait for some time, then go back for it to disappear from "format" and appear in "dashboard" as downloaded. I guess a "delete" from "format" option would be useful. Being the first time using the app, I thought it actually failed downloading. OS version is 6.0.1

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171227-062327.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	4371536  
30th December 2017, 10:24 PM |#3273  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
App is a ''BEAST'' , I love it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Eternal00 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eternal00 Ad-Free
2nd January 2018, 05:56 PM |#3274  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
No downloads option
Why there isn't any downloads option in formats? Only video and play streaming.

Pls help.
5th January 2018, 12:12 AM |#3275  
Flag chicago il
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hello i need help. Btw i donated today... Love ur app.... Why do some downloads half way sound choppy or distorted
5th January 2018, 05:54 PM |#3276  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Hello guys,
I'll try to answer to all pending messages; I hope I'm not missing something.
As aways, life bites and the time to improve this app is near to zero. Nonetheless what I'll do next is the sorting options for the dashboard and a small fix regarding the soft-keyboard, now having the ENTER instead of the search button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temokk

Hello i need help. Btw i donated today... Love ur app.... Why do some downloads half way sound choppy or distorted

Thanks mate; I've never heard of this problem; may be a corrupted download (quite unlikely though) or just the sound setup you have. Did you maybe sort it out, in the mean time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke34

Why there isn't any downloads option in formats? Only video and play streaming.

Not sure I understand... from the Formats tab, to download, you just have to click on the actual format you choose... So it will be downloaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Analog Kid

First time using YouTube downloader (v5.2.5) simple and easy to use, although I've noticed this: Why I can't get "categories" in search (attachment)? Also, once a video is downloaded, I'm forced to fully exit the app repeatedly and still wait for some time, then go back for it to disappear from "format" and appear in "dashboard" as downloaded. I guess a "delete" from "format" option would be useful. Being the first time using the app, I thought it actually failed downloading. OS version is 6.0.1

Categories in Search tab died with Youtube's APIs we used to have in the previous search function's version. They no longer work now. If it sounds cryptic, just know that I don't know if with the current search method I can include categories. I'll have a look at this, some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliotargy

Ffmpeg download is always hanging after 72%. I've tried reinstalling app and deleting old one in explorer. Nothing is working. Why?
I'm also getting a "please enable network connection first " when I'm connected to the internet. Is there a bug here?

Not that i know of... but I simply suggest an incomplete download, thus a failure, when downloading the FFmpeg binary. Maybe it doesn't support pause/resuming... don't remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBRecon

Reposted for the developers benefit:
To the developer, may I ask that some new useful features be implemented? I imagine that ffmpeg can already do this, so it seems feasible

- compression of video after download (for sharing to others for example)
- ability to cut video into sections

My opinion on the two items:
* Compression: feasible (with FFmpeg) but useless: just choose a "smaller" format (unless you mean "same resolution but more compression", for a smaller file size... well it makes sense... but hi-res and too much compression that defeats the sense of having a hi-res... I don't know if it makes sense)
* Video cuts: this has been on my to do list for ages... enough said...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
6th January 2018, 02:16 AM |#3277  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

Hello guys,
I'll try to answer to all pending messages; I hope I'm not missing something.
As aways, life bites and the time to improve this app is near to zero. Nonetheless what I'll do next is the sorting options for the dashboard and a small fix regarding the soft-keyboard, now having the ENTER instead of the search button.

Thanks mate; I've never heard of this problem; may be a corrupted download (quite unlikely though) or just the sound setup you have. Did you maybe sort it out, in the mean time?

Not sure I understand... from the Formats tab, to download, you just have to click on the actual format you choose... So it will be downloaded.

Categories in Search tab died with Youtube's APIs we used to have in the previous search function's version. They no longer work now. If it sounds cryptic, just know that I don't know if with the current search method I can include categories. I'll have a look at this, some day.

Not that i know of... but I simply suggest an incomplete download, thus a failure, when downloading the FFmpeg binary. Maybe it doesn't support pause/resuming... don't remember.

* Compression: feasible (with FFmpeg) but useless: just choose a "smaller" format (unless you mean "same resolution but more compression", for a smaller file size... well it makes sense... but hi-res and too much compression that defeats the sense of having a hi-res... I don't know if it makes sense)

However, I forgot to mention that I actually had "categories" for a brief period of about 2 hours after first app try. I'm using stock, YouTube based @ZaneZam "iYTBP" version 12.45.56 and "categories" just disappeared after first reboot. No big deal really, but I kinda liked "categories" showing there...

6th January 2018, 12:22 PM |#3278  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Analog Kid

However, I forgot to mention that I actually had "categories" for a brief period of about 2 hours after first app try. I'm using stock, YouTube based @ZaneZam "iYTBP" version 12.45.56 and "categories" just disappeared after first reboot. No big deal really, but I kinda liked "categories" showing there...

If you had categories in the format's tab drawer, you were using an old version, prior to v4.5; probably you updated right away so the search function changed (no categories into "filters");
that's all I can think of ATM.
9th January 2018, 01:59 AM |#3279  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

I'll clarify my rationale about compression (not sure compression is the right word?). I was thinking about being able to reduce the quality below the smallest available video sizes, 360p and so on, particularly because some videos can be really long (so big file sizes), and sending a lower quality video (along with cutting the video) is decent enough to get the video below 5 minutes mark, and below 20mb per chunk.

Anyways, thank you so much for your useful app. Hope everything is going well with you, and it's great to hear that video cuts are in a feature list somewhere (since that will be invaluable).
10th January 2018, 12:07 PM |#3280  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Could u please add an option to automatically download the audio for the video-only streams and then convert together ?
13th January 2018, 03:55 PM |#3281  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I use this app to downloae video from YouTube
It works perfectly most of time.
But when I try to download video from AaBSC_r4ntc
I got some problem
The size of 1080p displayed incorrectly
and trying to download it result in a infinite download
Is this work intentionally or it is a bug?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adfree, youtube downloader android dentex free

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)