[TUTORIAL] How to Add Themes and Mods Into a Custom Rom

Search This thread

MHousos

Nov 16, 2012
Things you will need: 7ZIP (or other compression tool), An unzipped rom and Notepad++

1. Download the Mod or Theme you wish to add and open it with 7ZIP.

2. Drag all of the folders/files EXCEPT Meta-INF into your rom's folder (copy and replace all of the files that have the same name)

3. In your Mod/Theme, open the updater script with Notepad++ (located in META-INF/com/google/android)

4. Copy all of the text in the Mods updater script and then paste it at the bottom of your rom's updater scipt (they're both in the same location).

5. Save it.

6. Done :D

I hope this guide will help save some time and enhance your roms (Also, please make sure to ask permission for the work you use!) :good:

Big thanks to abcdjdj for the info he's provided on the subject :)

Last edited:

MHousos

Nov 16, 2012
Hey is there a tutorial anywhere on how to port a theme.

I'd like to learn how to port this one.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2304251

Thanks!

There's many guides on the subject but I've never done it personally...have you tried flashing it to see if it works without the need to port? The phones are similar so you may not have too. Just make sure you make a backup haha Here are some guides on it http://xdaforums.com/sitesearch.php?q=How to port a theme Hope this helps!

Reactions: Vargaz.22 and xuser

BigJPNut

Jan 21, 2011
I'm going to give this a whirl and put together a couple things. Does this apply to adding kernels to a zip also and thanks!?

bilal.23

Jan 3, 2013
Syria
I try to put the update script content of the tweak IN my rom but when i flash my rom my device give me error 6 where should i put the update script contenet of the tweak to my rom
and thanx

Vargaz.22

Nov 22, 2013
NEEN HELP?

please help me :crying:
i'm trying to add mod like swipe to remove notifications in my gt-s6102 rom but after flashing my phone don't have notification bar..
i follow all the step's but i still have to notification bar? :confused:
i'll follow you're video on youtube but still have no notification bar :confused:
PLEASE HELP ME MHousos.
MHousos

Last edited:
Reactions: blackgamerz22

mohamed adil

May 30, 2014
how to download mod/theme??

hi..how to download mod/theme??I'm using gionee...so can I download HTC sence kernel and use??there will be any prob?

the playa!

Mar 18, 2012
Somerset
For kernels, all we need to do is replace the meta-inf folder and boot.img with the one that comes in the kernel zip right?

Last edited:

Matrixians 14

Nov 21, 2015
Ha Noi
I try to put the update script content of the tweak IN my rom but when i flash my rom my device give me error 6 where should i put the update script contenet of the tweak to my rom
and thanx
Hi there
Sory for interrupting but why do we add the update-script? I mean after I finish the whole process, it occured some eror while flashing. Why is this happening?
Error executing update-binary

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Things you will need: 7ZIP (or other compression tool), An unzipped rom and Notepad++

1. Download the Mod or Theme you wish to add and open it with 7ZIP.

2. Drag all of the folders/files EXCEPT Meta-INF into your rom's folder (copy and replace all of the files that have the same name)

3. In your Mod/Theme, open the updater script with Notepad++ (located in META-INF/com/google/android)

4. Copy all of the text in the Mods updater script and then paste it at the bottom of your rom's updater scipt (they're both in the same location).

5. Save it.

6. Done :D

I hope this guide will help save some time and enhance your roms (Also, please make sure to ask permission for the work you use!) :good:

Big thanks to abcdjdj for the info he's provided on the subject :)
    Hey is there a tutorial anywhere on how to port a theme.

I'd like to learn how to port this one.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2304251

Thanks!

There's many guides on the subject but I've never done it personally...have you tried flashing it to see if it works without the need to port? The phones are similar so you may not have too. Just make sure you make a backup haha Here are some guides on it http://xdaforums.com/sitesearch.php?q=How to port a theme Hope this helps!
    I'm going to give this a whirl and put together a couple things. Does this apply to adding kernels to a zip also and thanks!?

Yeah it works for kernels too :)
    NEEN HELP?

please help me :crying:
    i'm trying to add mod like swipe to remove notifications in my gt-s6102 rom but after flashing my phone don't have notification bar..
    i follow all the step's but i still have to notification bar? :confused:
    i'll follow you're video on youtube but still have no notification bar :confused:
    PLEASE HELP ME MHousos.
    MHousos