Anyway to downgrade from 7.4.8

Search This thread

mikecella

Jan 18, 2011
Garden City
Today I just scored a Kindle Fire HD 1st Gen (at least I think so). The back say Model Number X43Z60.

I have been studying this thread http;//wwwxdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2271909&nocache=1

+Note: As of Amazon OS update 7.3.x+, there has been a lot of issues with rooting and flashing the 2nd-bootloader. Many users reported bootloops during the completion of the guide. Those with tablets running 7.3.0 or higher, please proceed with caution, and make sure you have a factory cable on hand if you wish to advance. I strongly recommend you make backups in Step 2. If you want guaranteed success, use this tool to revert back to 7.2.3 before using the guide. You will need to flash a brand-new 7.2.3 on top to revert, so you will lose everything if you don't backup your files first.

Will the tool in the section above allow me to downgrade from 7.4.8?

Also are there any guides floating around on how to make a fast boot cable?

I have a cord factory cord that I had made for my Motorola would that work?

*********************************************************************************************

I feel like a complet idiot for even posting that, after a bit of research I found this method (check it out) which a few people had confirmed that it work on the newest Kindle OS which shortly after I posted my Kindle updated to (7.4.9).

A lot of clicking later and my fire is running CM flawlessly!

Last edited:

pinn___________

Jan 8, 2010
Middlesbrough
Samsung Galaxy S8
Today I just scored a Kindle Fire HD 1st Gen (at least I think so). The back say Model Number X43Z60.

I have been studying this thread http;//wwwxdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2271909&nocache=1

Will the tool in the section above allow me to downgrade from 7.4.8?

Also are there any guides floating around on how to make a fast boot cable?

I have a cord factory cord that I had made for my Motorola would that work?

*********************************************************************************************

I feel like a complet idiot for even posting that, after a bit of research I found this method (check it out) which a few people had confirmed that it work on the newest Kindle OS which shortly after I posted my Kindle updated to (7.4.9).

A lot of clicking later and my fire is running CM flawlessly!

I had the same one and just followed the tut to backup, then install bootloader and then flashed rom. Didn't downgrade and it all went fine.