[ROM][Unofficial][4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10 Nightlies for the Wildfire S (marvel)[16-04]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

crossfire77

Feb 24, 2012
Ahmedabad
Hi Dudes,

as some changes came into the jellybean branch I can proudly present you my new CM10 build for our device, including the latest CM-Upstream which is listed more specific - as usual - under "Changelog" in the OP. In addition to that I also added the new version of Google Ears (v.1.1.8) and the awesome "Now Playing"-Music Player from the XDA member Jack Underwood!

Happy downloading! :)

Cheers :laugh:

can you tell me which manifest you using for making cm10?
that would be great help thanks

iH8ra!n

Jul 13, 2012
Cologne
New build

New build getting baked. Will also upload a version with Facebook Home :)
New Play Store of course included

Stay tuned! ;)

EDIT: New version is getting uploaded! But actually there'll be four: One which comes as it got compiled with the named app included as features, one with the system/frameworks folder from djolivier's Sense 5 ROM for the fixed Auto Brightness/Wake-up/EBA, my CM10.1-MOD, and one with Facebook Home. The second named version will have a "SF" in its name (system/frameworks, the one with Facebook Home a "FH". The reason for the first and second named version: as changes are coming in and also something in the frameworks folder gets changed, but the Sense 5 ROM is not based on the recent build of my Nightlies, it will probably not contain all the upstreamed changes from CM! So: looking for latest stuff and not caring about lags: usual version. Not looking for latest stuff and caring about lags: SF. Facebook lovers: FH :) FH version will not contain the "modded" frameworks folder. Additionally you need to run the latest Facebook (katana) and facebook messenger (orca) app before installing this build ;)

EDIT 2: "Usual" version is up! :)

EDIT 3: "SF" version is up! :)

EDIT 4: "FH" version is up! :)

Last edited:

Juan Connor

Jan 21, 2013
New build getting baked. Will also upload a version with Facebook Home :)
New Play Store of course included

Stay tuned! ;)

EDIT: New version is getting uploaded! But actually there'll be four: One which comes as it got compiled with the named app included as features, one with the system/frameworks folder from djolivier's Sense 5 ROM for the fixed Auto Brightness/Wake-up/EBA, my CM10.1-MOD, and one with Facebook Home. The second named version will have a "SF" in its name (system/frameworks, the one with Facebook Home a "FH". The reason for the first and second named version: as changes are coming in and also something in the frameworks folder gets changed, but the Sense 5 ROM is not based on the recent build of my Nightlies, it will probably not contain all the upstreamed changes from CM! So: looking for latest stuff and not caring about lags: usual version. Not looking for latest stuff and caring about lags: SF. Facebook lovers: FH :) FH version will not contain the "modded" frameworks folder. Additionally you need to run the latest Facebook (katana) and facebook messenger (orca) app before installing this build ;)

EDIT 2: "Usual" version is up! :)

EDIT 3: "SF" version is up! :)

EDIT 4: "FH" version is up! :)

Awesome work, really!! I'll try this ROMs in the next days. :D

I want to know if there are any changes/workarounds on:
-Camcorder issue
-Video Playback (Youtube) issue
-WiFi / Mobile Data bug

yankeeDDL

May 17, 2009
GPS Dead

Hi,

is anyone having problems with their GPS?
I have tried pretty much every CM10.* rom and the GPS seems totally unresponsive.
I have just flashed the latest nightly of this rom and using "GPS test" I can see that there isn't a single satellite being received.

This is not a "fix" issue. Waiting 10, 15, 30 minutes, makes no difference: 0 satellites.

I have tried roms based on gingerbread and the GPS works perfectly. Even from inside the house I get 4-5 satellites right away. It's not enough to get a fix, but it clearly works. Outdoor it gets a fix in fractions of a second. With CM10* even outside there's absolute darkness ...

I just (re) installed the latest .zip. I made sure I wiped everything, formatted everything (except SD card) and everything went smooth.
The account sync's and the phone works wonderfully, ... except for the GPS: it just does not work.
This happened with other roms based on CM10.

FYI: I also tried apps like fasterfix but those help getting a fix faster when you have at least a few satellites. Right now I have absolutely no data.

I'm thinking that, perhaps some versions of the Wildfire S have a different type of GPS and it doesn't work with the "default" software ... I can't think of any other reason why.
I'd appreciate some help.

ScardracS

Recognized Developer
May 6, 2012
Huawei P40
Hi,

is anyone having problems with their GPS?
I have tried pretty much every CM10.* rom and the GPS seems totally unresponsive.
I have just flashed the latest nightly of this rom and using "GPS test" I can see that there isn't a single satellite being received.

This is not a "fix" issue. Waiting 10, 15, 30 minutes, makes no difference: 0 satellites.

I have tried roms based on gingerbread and the GPS works perfectly. Even from inside the house I get 4-5 satellites right away. It's not enough to get a fix, but it clearly works. Outdoor it gets a fix in fractions of a second. With CM10* even outside there's absolute darkness ...

I just (re) installed the latest .zip. I made sure I wiped everything, formatted everything (except SD card) and everything went smooth.
The account sync's and the phone works wonderfully, ... except for the GPS: it just does not work.
This happened with other roms based on CM10.

FYI: I also tried apps like fasterfix but those help getting a fix faster when you have at least a few satellites. Right now I have absolutely no data.

I'm thinking that, perhaps some versions of the Wildfire S have a different type of GPS and it doesn't work with the "default" software ... I can't think of any other reason why.
I'd appreciate some help.

Not for spam but in my rom this issue is already fixed :D

Powered by my Thunderbolt (This isn't spam, this ia my signature)

Reactions: yankeeDDL

yankeeDDL

May 17, 2009
Not for spam but in my rom this issue is already fixed :D

Powered by my Thunderbolt (This isn't spam, this ia my signature)

So it is a known SW issue with JB and WFS? I had the feeling I was the only one having these problems ...
ScardracS, I'll ask you some questions on your rom in your thread, if you don't mind.

iH8Ra!n, are you aware of this? And if so, do you have any plan to fix it? (no schedule ... just to know whether I should look elsewhere).

vladakru

Aug 17, 2009
i have problem with battery. for one night from 00:00 to 08:00 from 100% down to 30%. off the wifi, gps and Bluetuth. activated GSM only.

iH8ra!n

Jul 13, 2012
Cologne
New build

New build(s ;) ) getting uploaded!
Too much changes to list them all! Was overwhelmed by the amount of the changes :D

Any feedback to the Facebook Home version? Did it work? Will not upload such a version again if it's not working anyway! :D

Stay tuned! :)

P.S.: Usual one is already uploaded! ;) Will wait for uploading further versions (SF and FH) as I'll wait for your feedback :)

ScardracS

Recognized Developer
May 6, 2012
Huawei P40
New build(s ;) ) getting uploaded!
Too much changes to list them all! Was overwhelmed by the amount of the changes :D

Any feedback to the Facebook Home version? Did it work? Will not upload such a version again if it's not working anyway! :D

Stay tuned! :)

P.S.: Usual one is already uploaded! ;) Will wait for uploading further versions (SF and FH) as I'll wait for your feedback :)

Fb home work but it is too much slow for our device