Post Reply Email Thread
5th April 2013, 11:38 PM |#561  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,880

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hridi

and ... a side question. Is there a way to map home button double click and press and hold to some useful actions like search, without routing the device ?

Thanks for your time !

I'm not sure about the answers to your first two questions, but the last is easy. I don't know much about search. And if zeam is crashing on you, get ADW. I like it better anyway.

Get the Home2 Shortcut app free on the Play Store. It lets you assign actions to double and single clicks of home. Not sure about long presses though.

Sent from my Nook HD+ running CM10 on Hybrid SD
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leapinlar Ad-Free
10th April 2013, 01:53 AM |#562  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hybrid SD question (or bug)
I used the Hybrid SD files and procedure here, which I hope will resolve some of the issues I've had with the N2A cards. The instructions were very clear, thanks!

I am having an issue with the screen resolution. It appears to be incorrect. There are large gaps at the top and the bottom of the screen, approximately 1" tall. The persistent search bar will go all the way to the top, but I cannot place any icons or widgets in the area. I tried a few different launchers with the same results. Turning the tablet horizontally stretches the search bar but leaves the gaps in the same place (on the long end.) I've attached a screenshot showing the gaps -- I've placed the bottom row of icons as far as they will go. I don't see any other comments regarding this issue, so maybe it's just me?

I'm using a SanDisk 64GB class 10 card.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-04-10-00-40-58.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1871394  
10th April 2013, 02:21 AM |#563  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleC

I used the Hybrid SD files and procedure here, which I hope will resolve some of the issues I've had with the N2A cards. The instructions were very clear, thanks!

I am having an issue with the screen resolution. It appears to be incorrect. There are large gaps at the top and the bottom of the screen, approximately 1" tall. The persistent search bar will go all the way to the top, but I cannot place any icons or widgets in the area. I tried a few different launchers with the same results. Turning the tablet horizontally stretches the search bar but leaves the gaps in the same place (on the long end.) I've attached a screenshot showing the gaps -- I've placed the bottom row of icons as far as they will go. I don't see any other comments regarding this issue, so maybe it's just me?

I'm using a SanDisk 64GB class 10 card.

You might try a different launcher, like Nova or ADW and see if that helps.

10th April 2013, 02:24 AM |#564  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

You might try a different launcher, like Nova or ADW and see if that helps.

I've tried both Nova and ADW (and a couple of others); no luck.
10th April 2013, 02:42 AM |#565  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleC

I've tried both Nova and ADW (and a couple of others); no luck.

I don't run standard resolution so I can't help. Maybe someone else knows. And are you running CM10 or CM10.1 and which date?

10th April 2013, 12:24 PM |#566  

More
Quote:

I don't run standard resolution so I can't help. Maybe someone else knows. And are you running CM10 or CM10.1 and which date?

CM10 2/20.

After a couple of reboots the problem resolved itself. I'm not sure what it was or why, but it's working now. Thanks for the response.

(And - yay - for the first time in weeks my HD+ didn't crash overnight!)
15th April 2013, 02:26 PM |#567  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
For everyone who is having trouble. You can side-load without a root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2118191. Special thanks to my source: http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/2012/11/09/how-to-sideload-android-apps-on-nook-hd-and-nook-hd-without-rooting.
15th April 2013, 08:29 PM |#568  
Flag Suburban Detroit
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMGxda

For everyone who is having trouble. You can side-load without a root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2118191. Special thanks to my source: http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/2012/11/09/how-to-sideload-android-apps-on-nook-hd-and-nook-hd-without-rooting.

Why do you want to go through all of that when, if you follow the very first post in this thread, you don't have to root and don't have to sideload and you can run Play as well as most other Google Android apps which you can't do if you only sideload? And the apps update through Play rather than having to continue to sideload them? It's been working fine for me for months now.
27th April 2013, 03:25 PM |#569  

More
Would it make sense to post sha1 sums to all the zips in the "HD/HDplus Stock Root and other Mods" post? I see
Also AdAway was removed from google store, the tips thread says "Get AdAway on the Play Store" - I'd just link it to projects' home page: google code project adaway
27th April 2013, 04:27 PM |#570  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by specu

Would it make sense to post sha1 sums to all the zips in the "HD/HDplus Stock Root and other Mods" post? I see
Also AdAway was removed from google store, the tips thread says "Get AdAway on the Play Store" - I'd just link it to projects' home page: google code project adaway

All of my zips that are on dev-host do have md5 checksums. I don't have the md5 sums for the ones attached to the post. They are so small that if there is an issue, just redownload them.

I did modify the AdAway section to point to 1mobile.com market or the developer's site. Thanks.

28th April 2013, 12:55 PM |#571  

More
Quote:

All of my zips that are on dev-host do have md5 checksums. I don't have the md5 sums for the ones attached to the post. They are so small that if there is an issue, just redownload them.

Well if i have an issue I'd like to at least know that the download was not the cause of the problem by verifying md5/sha1 (md5 is not safe).

Also I would link the win32diskimager only because google returns sites that bundle free software with their spyware (short url: sf.net/p/win32diskimager/ )
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nook hd+ hd, rooting, tips

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)