Post Reply Email Thread
20th November 2012, 09:06 PM |#61  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,880

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyp22

MTP popped up, but did not install. No driver found for this device.

Do you have windows media player installed. I don't remember what windows you are running. It gets the drivers from there.

Sent from my Nook HD+ using Tapatalk
20th November 2012, 09:12 PM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

You need to be rooted and use a root file manager (Astro is not) to see it. If you don't want to buy Root Explorer, download and install via adb the free ES File Explorer. Then you can copy it to your SD and transfer it to Windows via MTP. I'm not sure why you could not pull it.

EDIT: I just tried that. MTP is very finicky about what files it will let you see or transfer. Copy the file to your ext_sdcard (the one you put into the slot). You need to look under /mnt/ext_sdcard to see it with your file manager. Take the card out and put it in a card reader in the PC.

Or abd shell, su, copy that file to save spot like /data/su, change the permission, exit out of adb shell then adb pull it.
The Following User Says Thank You to someone0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift someone0 Ad-Free
20th November 2012, 09:27 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:

Do you have windows media player installed. I don't remember what windows you are running. It gets the drivers from there.

Running WMP12 on a Win7 x64 Ultimate system.
20th November 2012, 09:29 PM |#64  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Running WMP12 on a Win7 x64 Ultimate system.

Then your PC should have MTP drivers. Try opening wmp and then connect to see if it works.

Edit, you want MTP working. It is the only way to transfer files with your cable.

20th November 2012, 09:35 PM |#65  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Back to database editing. I used my file manager to copy the db to sdcard. Then installed the free aSQLiteManager. That will let you edit it since it is not using root. Then copy back to right location. Be sure to set permissions to the same as the original file. My only problem is I run at 300 dpi and Play Store said that app was not compatible, so I installed manually. For other users it may show in Play Store.

Edit, nope not my dpi. You are going to have to get it on another device and copy it there.

20th November 2012, 10:05 PM |#66  

More
Quote:

Then your PC should have MTP drivers. Try opening wmp and then connect to see if it works.

Edit, you want MTP working. It is the only way to transfer files with your cable.

Didn't work. Isn't there a way to install manually?
20th November 2012, 10:10 PM |#67  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Didn't work. Isn't there a way to install manually?

Try going to settings, storage and USB connectivity on the HD. Click on camera instead of MTP. Then try connecting again.

Edit, you can try searching the web for how to install MTP on windows. It is generic and has nothing to do with android or the HD.
20th November 2012, 10:21 PM |#68  

More
I think I'm getting somewhere. I had to Uninstall the Unknown Device, and turn off the HD+ and turn it back on (all while still connected to the PC) to get what looks like something that works. I'm now showing a BNTV600 under Portable Devices (and Win7 gave me the options of what I want to do with this device when I plug it in - Sync etc). So now do I take the next step of enabling ADB on the HD+?
20th November 2012, 10:25 PM |#69  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I think I'm getting somewhere. I had to Uninstall the Unknown Device, and turn off the HD+ and turn it back on (all while still connected to the PC) to get what looks like something that works. I'm now showing a BNTV600 under Portable Devices (and Win7 gave me the options of what I want to do with this device when I plug it in - Sync etc). So now do I take the next step of enabling ADB on the HD+?

yes, but unplug first.
20th November 2012, 10:43 PM |#70  

More
Hmm, I unplugged the device, enabled ADB, just for kicks cycled power on the HD+, made sure ADB was still enabled, and then plugged it back in via USB. No new devices showed up - it got ID'd immediately as an MTP device. I verified ADB is enabled.

Unplugged it, disabled and re-enabled ADB, plugged it back in. Still showing up as a MTP device. Funny, I couldn't get it to be a MTP device and now it won't un-be a MTP device!
20th November 2012, 10:48 PM |#71  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hmm, I unplugged the device, enabled ADB, just for kicks cycled power on the HD+, made sure ADB was still enabled, and then plugged it back in via USB. No new devices showed up - it got ID'd immediately as an MTP device. I verified ADB is enabled.

Unplugged it, disabled and re-enabled ADB, plugged it back in. Still showing up as a MTP device. Funny, I couldn't get it to be a MTP device and now it won't un-be a MTP device!

MTP should always be there now that you have it installed, with or without adb enabled. Just keep playing with the cable and scanning for new hardware until devices show up. And sometimes it takes a minute or two for your PC to recognize them.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nook hd+ hd, rooting, tips

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)