Thanks Meter: 5,267

Post Reply Email Thread
23rd September 2013, 11:31 PM |#691  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 380

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobboman

any ideas on how to allow ads for the NFL Mobile app, and NFL.com, adaway screws with my ability to edit my fantasy team and the only way to edit my fantasy team is to allow ads

You need to add the proper hostname to the whitelist. See here:

https://github.com/dschuermann/ad-aw...roblematicApps

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlothlyDX

I don't think you can edit what adaway does unfortunately. I would suggest trying different browsers for the website. Adaway may not work on other browsers but I'm not sure. The app may not work unless you take adaway off. Someone might know a way but I'm not sure it's possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Yes you can. It's just a matter of adding hostnames to the whitelist or blacklist then rebooting.
24th September 2013, 03:04 AM |#692  
Flag Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 190

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobboman

any ideas on how to allow ads for the NFL Mobile app, and NFL.com, adaway screws with my ability to edit my fantasy team and the only way to edit my fantasy team is to allow ads

u need to take a look at your phone Logcat what ads does the app want to access. after that, take note and put it in whitelist of AdAway.
i always do that when some website can not display CAPTCHA correctly

Hope that help
25th September 2013, 03:36 AM |#693  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
AdAway 2.5 or 2.7

System:
HTC One
AHRD 21 (Android 4.3)

Issue:
It downloads, merges, installs host file fine, but it no longer has an option to apply my own host files or whitelists.
Busybox is installed but in system/xbin - could this be the issue? If so, which version of busybox is suggested?

Thanks!
25th September 2013, 05:23 PM |#694  
Flag at xda's Forum
Thanks Meter: 78

Donate to Me
More
i've put 11 host source on my adaway . heehe , no more ads !!! btw , can you mr robinson create app for adfly skipper ?

Sent using My Powerfull iStone !!
25th September 2013, 06:19 PM |#695  
Flag Bucharest greatest city ever
Thanks Meter: 537

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafwan7

i've put 11 host source on my adaway . heehe , no more ads !!! btw , can you mr robinson create app for adfly skipper ?

From where do you take the links ?
25th September 2013, 06:28 PM |#696  
Flag at xda's Forum
Thanks Meter: 78

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan1980

From where do you take the links ?

https://github.com/dschuermann/ad-aw...i/HostsSources

The Following User Says Thank You to Shafwan7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shafwan7 Ad-Free
27th September 2013, 10:08 PM |#697  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
anyone figured out how to make ad.fly whitelisting working? Its annoying that I cant get it to work.
27th September 2013, 10:22 PM |#698  
Flag Bucharest greatest city ever
Thanks Meter: 537

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbymaster101

anyone figured out how to make ad.fly whitelisting working? Its annoying that I cant get it to work.

It's been discussed thousands of times, do an search.
28th September 2013, 12:44 AM |#699  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Plug
Sorry if i offend anyone here, but someone knows why the devs of adaway had to crap the 2.7 version? Till 2.3 the app was flawless... But after 2.7 anytime I need to reinstall it is certain that the app will fail at least one time merging the hosts or crash the app... After that I can install it if I retry, but I don't get why devs had to change the app that was perfect for this version... Worse is that this bug was reported by many users but they keep the 2.7 as last release as if it was perfect... Why not pull out it, fix the problems and repost it after the bugs are worked out... The app is amazing, but it grinds my gears having this problem and seems that the devs are just ignoring it...
28th September 2013, 01:47 AM |#700  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 506

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronezzi

Sorry if i offend anyone here, but someone knows why the devs of adaway had to crap the 2.7 version? Till 2.3 the app was flawless... But after 2.7 anytime I need to reinstall it is certain that the app will fail at least one time merging the hosts or crash the app... After that I can install it if I retry, but I don't get why devs had to change the app that was perfect for this version... Worse is that this bug was reported by many users but they keep the 2.7 as last release as if it was perfect... Why not pull out it, fix the problems and repost it after the bugs are worked out... The app is amazing, but it grinds my gears having this problem and seems that the devs are just ignoring it...

What version ROM are you on? 2.7 was to fix Android 4.3 issues, and for me it's working flawlessly on CM 10.2. If your not running a 4.3 ROM don't use 2.7.

EDIT - Actually I'm wrong. I just realized I'm running 2.7 on my Nexus One also, and that ROM is only 2.3.7, and it's flawless on that too. Sorry you're having bad luck with it. You do have busybox installed right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to bobbyphoenix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bobbyphoenix Ad-Free
28th September 2013, 02:56 AM |#701  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
anyone know why i still get ads when im on mobile data but when i switch to wifi there gone on the same sites, i did just switch phone providers. Wasnt like tihs before
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)