FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.4+] Greenify v3.6.2 Final (Updated on Aug. 25)

1,355 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,932

By oasisfeng, Senior Member on 19th February 2013, 02:54 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
20th February 2013, 09:12 AM |#21  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 272

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha Raj

When the app is in hibernation state, it's as good as frozen/uninstalled. So in such a state the play store will also not show it as installed. In other words when you visit the play store you have an option to install the app rather than update it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

i can see a greenified app in playstore as installed it's not removed from the list.
20th February 2013, 10:13 AM |#22  
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,328

More
Re: [APP][3.1+] Greenify *ROOT*
Hi dev. Please, could you add a option to ignore the fact that some apps are system ones? Sony has some apps that are media related, and even Facebook, that comes with software, that are safe to hibernation.

Some can't be made user apps it they won't work. Facebook is now a user app and isn't recognized by that by your app.

Cheers.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk HD
20th February 2013, 10:47 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1,339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spupuz

i can see a greenified app in playstore as installed it's not removed from the list.

Well in that case it would be updated I shall do a test once an update is pushed out in store for a hibernated app.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
20th February 2013, 12:00 PM |#24  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Great to see you listened to the G+ post about creating the thread ^^
I'm really likeing this app, would be so nice to get it on the news on XDA!
20th February 2013, 01:14 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
First, thanks for the awesome application!

I installed the app in my razr maxx and my Xoom. In my xoom, it works a intended but in the razr all apps stays on the pending list, they don't go to the hibernate list like happens in xoom.

Even not going to the hibernate list the phone go faster, have lots of free memory and no notifications in greenified apps, likely working normal.
Maybe a visual bug on RAZR?

Razr stock 4.0.4 (rooted)
Xoom 4.1.2 - TeamEOS

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium
20th February 2013, 01:45 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Great aplication, thank you so
20th February 2013, 03:24 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by athdaraxen

I look forward to a bit of an easier way to add apps, like a batch mode. That is probably my only problem with this app. I want everything in it and have to do it one at a time. XD

Batch mode will definitely be added soon. But as I have mentioned earlier,

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisfeng

It is not adviced to feed all your apps to Greenify, because hibernation also has a price, despite inexpensive. Since hibernated app can no longer run by itself, you may lose some passive functionalities, such as push notifications, content syncing and widget update. Besides that, it is also totally moved away from memory, thus you can no longer benefit from the process cache on the next launch. So you should leave the well-behaved apps out of Greenify. This will truly encourage the device-experience-friendly apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to oasisfeng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oasisfeng Ad-Free
20th February 2013, 03:32 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anerik

Great app, i hibernated Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp, although Facebook always comes to the surface which is why i just deleted it. For the future, it would be nice if you could hibernate a keyboard, i don't know why they have to always run... Great app!!

Have you turned off account syncing of Facebook as I have mentioned in FAQ?

Keyboard app might be a sophisticated target, I can hardly tell if it is capable for hibernation, but I'll have a look at it.
The Following User Says Thank You to oasisfeng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oasisfeng Ad-Free
20th February 2013, 03:37 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajesh.sharma87

The best app, be ready to be awarded from Google. (I wish so)

Google will hate me if I finally managed to tame Maps.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to oasisfeng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oasisfeng Ad-Free
20th February 2013, 03:43 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerAngelFF

I just wanted to let you know that the nasty little Groupon app doesn't stay in hibernation for very long (and doesn't go in willingly). It's so egregious that I've had to keep it disabled via Titanium Backup until now. Until it can be Greenified, I'll have to leave it up to TiBU. Please add it to your list of problem apps. Thanks again for the excellent app.

I've added Groupon to the list of wild apps to be investigated here: https://plus.google.com/112105199234...ts/brQE7th1WpQ

If anyone found more, please report back, thanks!

BTW: "To prevent spam to the forums, I must wait five minutes between posts. Any moderator here to help verify me account to remove this restriction please?"
20th February 2013, 03:47 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisfeng

Batch mode will definitely be added soon. But as I have mentioned earlier,

Fair enough, I do tend to leave a lot of apps un- hibernated. I just have had a lot of RAM issues and this app helps greatly in reducing the load. I have about 20 out of 60 or so apps Greenified.

On that note, Maps was being good but I've noticed overnight it's been acting up (Better Battery Stats said it woke up my phone about 42 times).

I can also vouch that Facebook stays dead if you do as said in your FAQs.

Edit: Foursquare also doesn't like to hibernate either. It has a tendency to stay in pending forever.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread