[UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER] released!!! 8/14/11{WILL KILL 4G}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

phatmanxxl

Dec 30, 2008
LG V20
Nokia Lumia 520
Unzip the rar file with winrar. Start up rsdlite. Turn your phone off. Then hold up on the volune button and press power at the same time. The phone will boot into fastboot mode. Plug it into the computer. Click the little box and browse for the file you extracted. Then press start.

Sounds easy enough, soon as we can overclock I'm on it, and flashing a ROM too.

lucidvtec

Jul 28, 2010
Im sry for the noob question

Is there anything us non-devs can do to get a full functional unlocked bootloader ...like start a mass request ...something? ??

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

Djspinister

Jul 13, 2010
Dallas
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I've said it all along, development on the MoPho will be limited. Sprint for some reason never pushed this phone, I can guarantee that it's not been selling too well.

It's fine with me though, I love it with the regular unroot, webtop hack and gtalk video hack.

They have been selling like hotcakes just recently though. It has picked up in the Portland metro area.

Just sayin'

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

cybericebyte

Aug 31, 2008
Pamona
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Unlocked bootloader with 4G needs more reseach thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1254631&page=3 first post: Originally Posted by babyoche
what about 4g? will we ever?

actually 4g is working with an unlocked bootloader . i unlocked mine today and in the process the sbf would not flash so i just moved on to the fastboot unlock part of the process it soft bricked my MoPho but i just flashed the stock mr5 release and when it was done i rooted again.when i rebooted it said unlocked on the boot image and 4g is working fine

actually 4g is working with an unlocked bootloader . i unlocked mine today and in the process the sbf would not flash so i just moved on to the fastboot unlock part of the process it soft bricked my MoPho but i just flashed the stock mr5 release and when it was done i rooted again.when i rebooted it said unlocked on the boot image and 4g is working fine

You should PM Yay 4 Juggs to explain this so he can investigate. There's a couple others in one of the kernal threads that claim to have done the same thing.

Reactions: Danny DiMarzio

radrian92

Nov 16, 2010
Placentia
I almost had a heart attack when I saw the beginning of the title! Got my hopes up till I saw no 4G :( btw- F$%&k you Motorola!

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

nandroide

Nov 12, 2010
Perhaps there is a way to re-lock bootloader by tweaking nopudding4u to lock bootloader specific to alien?

Edit: it's also possible that when relocking - due to non matching bootloader - kernel is causing boot failure when using nopudding4u.sbf? any suggestions?... this is to get 4g to work with a custom rom... sorry wrong thread.

Last edited:

cybericebyte

Aug 31, 2008
Pamona
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I was wonderingly if someone can double check some findings I came accross last night. I turned on my phone and the 4g while it seem I could not pull the IP address or data from wimax the icon changed to a connected symbol along. With the disconnected symbol just so happen I was doing a download at that time and the download speed seem to increase so I stopped my download and did some speed test my results were around 600 to 800 kbs I tested the against another photon I have that the boot loader is NOT UNLOCKED. My boot loader is unlocked. I also ran test without the wimax on and the result came back around 250kbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off i wish to apologize to everyone...I had no idea that this will bork your 4g and i have been working almost non stop trying to get it fixed but i am afraid it is beyond the scope of my reach. I honestly feel that it is indeed similar to the original evo unlock with the loss of rsa keys and i am trying to figure out a way to backup and restore said keys. i know there is a tut for the evo but different file system and structure so its' going to take some digging.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO UNLOCK

Unlocked SBF
    FASTBOOT
    WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF FASTBOOT

Download the Unlocked SBF and flash with RSDLite like you would any other SBF

After flashing the unlocked sbf you will need to turn off your phone to put the phone in fastboot mode(hold vol down while pressing power then once you see fastboot press the volume up)

Using your cmd promt cd to your fastboot(example: cd c:\android-sdk\tools\moto-fastboot directory)and Run “moto-fastboot oem unlock”

You will see
    C:\Data\Sunfire\HW\Security_Tokens>fastboot oem unlock
    ... INFOUnlocking your device can permanently VOID your warranty.
    INFOThis process cannot be reversed. If you wish to proceed,
    INFOreissue the unlock OEM command containing the unique ID
    INFOof your device: ########### (device generated ID will appear in this like not number signs)
    OKAY [ 0.002s]
    finished. total time: 0.002s
    Using the UID provided above. Run the below command.
    Run “moto-fastboot oem unlock ###########
    NOTE: DO NOT reset phone between commands.
    When you power cycle the phone “unlock” will be seen on start up screen (Red Moto logo)

[SYSTEM.IMG FOR UNLOCKED DEVICES ONLY] {YOU WILL LOSE DATA AND YOU HAVE TO BE OK WITH THAT BEFORE USING THIS METHOD}
    Once you're booted you will need to regain root by any of the working methods in other threads or by flashing a system.img (THE IMG IS INSIDE THE RAR JUST EXTRACT IT)in moto-fastboot created by the2dcour, then getting superuser.apk from the market.

0) Make sure your phone is charged.
    1) Boot your phone in to fastboot mode, connected to PC.
    2) At the prompt/cmdline type moto-fastboot flash system system.img
    3) Make sure you have superuser app installed from market.
    4) Enjoy!
    Instructions ganked from the2d...YOINK!

[DO NOT FLASH THIS SYSTEM.IMG IF YOU ARE NOT UNLOCKED]

I recommend this method of gaining root as it is much easier than previous methods.

want to thank edgan and the2dcour for all their hard work and help with releasing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course he who remain nameless...TYVM FINE SIR!
    and you need the unlocked bootloader for these.

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but that's not going to be the first thing out of the gate.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

A working bootloader is not going to happen without a modified kernel so with that being said i am currently working on both facets of it at once. Priority is working bootloader then kernel tweaks.
    Sweet! This is exciting, wish I new what to do with it. Lol guess I'll leave that up to the devs.

working on it and ty btw
    I was a test subject for the russian government 60yrs ago. And a test subject on u.s. unofficial space mission to mars 20yrs ago. Currently a tester for kfc first bio engineered chicken breast.

Damn, I want to know so bad!! Any hints?

now if i gave a hint then it wouldn't be super secret now would it...