[GUIDE] Downgrade from 3.13 (Sense 3.0) roms

Search This thread

jchuillier

Dec 6, 2008
Cugnaux
Hello all,

A friend of mine has used this guide on his 3.13 rom sense 3.0 dhd and now it only boots to the first HTC screen and vibrates non stop, how can I bring his phone back to life ?

Thanks

Dev0o0o

Aug 15, 2009
London
I did exactly as said but when started updating the rom in bootloader the screen just turned off and it won't boot anymore ?? please help?? what should I do??

jchuillier

Dec 6, 2008
Cugnaux
There is :)

You can get out of this, you need to downgrade to 3.13 standard asia wwe rom, then forget this procedure and use the ace hack.

I got the phone out of blocking mode by this method.

BUT......

You need to be VERY patient, in my case the phone needed 12 minutes (yes 12 !) to get past the HTC white screen and the continuous vibration on to the recovery screen, and each press on the recovery screen to go up/down was taking 2-3 mins....but in the end once you've reflashed wwe asia 3.13 you can start the ace hack...

good luck

ahmad5859

Aug 23, 2008
bandar-e-mahshahr
tnx mate but .....
my phone take about 30 min , and still nothing
just white screen and htc logo , no quietly brilliant .

in bootloader , it take more than 1.5 hour but there is no action !!!!!!

i was in 3.12.405.1 and want to downgrade and hack with last version of aahk , after download the downgrade rom and finish the first line in booltloader , my phone is turned off and .......

is there any method to repair the phone ?

Thekjp95

Aug 6, 2011
tnx mate but .....
my phone take about 30 min , and still nothing
just white screen and htc logo , no quietly brilliant .

in bootloader , it take more than 1.5 hour but there is no action !!!!!!

i was in 3.12.405.1 and want to downgrade and hack with last version of aahk , after download the downgrade rom and finish the first line in booltloader , my phone is turned off and .......

is there any method to repair the phone ?

Try installing a recovery via fastboot

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Reactions: ahmad5859
B

benrf

i used this method and it worked (at least i think so :confused:) as it downgraded, but downgraded too far i believe, so i was stuck with vibrating phone etc but i went back to the right rom, now phone works so thats fine, but, i dont want htc bloatware and 2.3.5, so i just want to follow this process to temproot and go to the right rom downgrade and then try the aahk - please help - plenty of info in my posts all about my htc desire and what i have done

thanks in advance:fingers-crossed:

jchuillier

Dec 6, 2008
Cugnaux
i used this method and it worked (at least i think so :confused:) as it downgraded, but downgraded too far i believe, so i was stuck with vibrating phone etc but i went back to the right rom, now phone works so thats fine, but, i dont want htc bloatware and 2.3.5, so i just want to follow this process to temproot and go to the right rom downgrade and then try the aahk - please help - plenty of info in my posts all about my htc desire and what i have done

thanks in advance:fingers-crossed:

This is how I got away from the same problem

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1723196

B

benrf

your link above wont open. still dont know what to do. tried aaahk on ubuntu, and that failed also.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Devices shipped with later gingerbread hboots don't boot properly when downgrading to the Froyo hboots. It can take up to 1/2 hour for a normal boot, and flashing RUUs generally fails. We first noticed this on Inspires. Note: This problem only seems to be occurring on devices SHIPPED with GB, not on any of those upgraded to GB.

You can fix if you can temproot, gfree to cycle emmc (even if you can't s-off yet) and dd a current hboot back to the phone. It's a pain in the ass, and I've seen a lot of them - now on some original DHDs and not just Inspires. We've been fixing hboots from downgrades from virtually every older method, including my own.

Since then, we've not done full downgrades - I flash the signed firmware.zip from a very early OTA. This downgrades radio, boot and recovery only - no hboot.

upon reboot:

• There is usb debugging support working
  • There is no video support for current GB roms - this is okay - we fix that later
  • The GB rom combined with the early froyo kernel will not allow gfree to set s-off, but it will allow emmc cycling, so I flash cwm with an early version kernel.
  • Reboot to recovery, and from there, mount system and data, run gfree to set s-off, supercid and sim unlock.
  • Once that's done, push a proper boot image, root files and correct wifi module back to the phone - again from recovery.

Here's the firmware.zip I have been using - no HBOOT - fortunately. http://tau.shadowchild.nl:/files/firmware.zip

So the GB ROM is never downgraded with an HBOOT that can do harm, gfree has done it's thing successfully, and no data is lost on most runs.

Sense 3 changes the picture entirely, as the downgrade firmware is incompatible. Those ROMS must be downgraded. But instead of going to Froyo for those shipped with GB, I strongly recommend downgrading to a 2.x Sense version of GB to avoid those booting issues.

I do not know WHY the newer devices don't work correctly with older hboots, but they don't. I suspect it's some firmware hook not impacted when we flash RUUs.

The WWE 2.50.405.2 RUU is perfectly rootable/s-off-able with the right custom recovery and the above firmware package. It's a popular build, so if we are using goldcard anyway, it's safest to just have everyone downgrade to that, or a comparable GB RUU supporting their own CID.

attn1 could you possibly look over my posts, looks at my htc desire specs and tell me what to do, any advice please,

Passi0509

Sep 5, 2011
Velbert
After downgrading at Bootloader it won´t turn on :(
EDIT:Now i´m in the bootloader what can i do now?

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

pls help :(

Last edited:

morissio

Jan 8, 2012
Milan
www.tuttoandroid.net
Hi to all! I have this situation:

Versione di Android: 2.3.5
Versione HTC Sense: 3.0
Numero Software: 3.12.405.1
Versione Kernel: 2.6.35.10-g931a37e
Versione banda di base: 12.65.60.29U_26.14.04.28_M
Numero build: 3.12.405.1 CL199157
Versione Browser: WebKit/533.1

ACE PVT SHILP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0027
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.14.04.28_M
eMMC-boot

Can I use this guide? I don't understand if this guide install even the recovery or If i have to install it before start.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

beerfly

Apr 15, 2008
Hi to all! I have this situation:

Versione di Android: 2.3.5
Versione HTC Sense: 3.0
Numero Software: 3.12.405.1
Versione Kernel: 2.6.35.10-g931a37e
Versione banda di base: 12.65.60.29U_26.14.04.28_M
Numero build: 3.12.405.1 CL199157
Versione Browser: WebKit/533.1

ACE PVT SHILP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0027
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.14.04.28_M
eMMC-boot

Can I use this guide? I don't understand if this guide install even the recovery or If i have to install it before start.

Thanks in advance!

I wonder that too, here is a big mess with the ways of downgrade, s-off, root and change rom ways so we would like if somebody gives us information about this exact version of softuware we have. :))

Flow-Wolf

Thanks to all people having working on that!

just amazing!!!!!

thanks

BUT EDIT:

MY DHD stay on HTC green logo screen on rebooting :/

I have tried to unlock bootloader with fastboot not working, trying to use a RUU.exe...

Ohhh :D

Yes I think it's working now :D

So the hboot has been downgrade to 0.85 from 2.00

And I reboot on fastboot without sd card because of the PD98IMG then I put the sdcard on my phone

and I launch the RUU_Ace_HTC_WWE_1.24.405.1_Radio_12.27.60.14b_26.02.00.29_M4_release_151852_signed.exe

I am waiting for the green bar with HTC grey logo, and I back for editing!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

ANDROID FROYO :D

EDIT 2:

I want to share with you my video!

If your phone don't boot, watch my video from 20:09

You must flash a RUU.exe, but this is a special instructions ;)

Thanks once again for this GUIDE ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: This guide is for phones shipped with froyo and updated to the 3.x firmware! For phones shipped with gingerbread (even the lower versions) please read attn1's posts in this thread!

With the Sense 3.0 upgrade HTC patched against fre3vo, so we can no longer temproot to use misc_version on that firmware. Lucky us, a new exploit was issued @rootzwiki. This exploit was tested at #g2root (freenode) and was able to temproot a 3.13.161.3 firmware version.
    The usual disclaimer applies: Everything you do is your responsibility, No one outside of you can be held accountable for any state you put yourself and/or your phone into. If you did not donate to EFF and rooting is illegal in you country, you should read this guide for intellectual purposes only (sorry dude/dudette).
    If you meet troubles search for help at IRC: freenode, #g2root

make sure your phone is in 'charge only' mode and the 'fast boot' feature is turned off.

What you need:

tacoroot
    misc_version NOTE: you need THAT version of misc_version. Earlier versions would not work.
    flashgc for a goldcard
    1.32 PD98IMG.zip

put all files in your platform-tools directory (unzip misc_version and tacoroot.sh)

Code:
    adb push tacoroot.sh /data/local/tmp/tacoroot
    adb push misc_version /data/local/tmp/
    adb push flashgc /data/local/tmp/
    adb push PD98IMG.zip /sdcard/
    NOTE: the last command will take a long time

After all files are pushed you have to run tacoroot:
    Code:
    adb shell 
    chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/*
    /data/local/tmp/tacoroot --setup
    This command will reboot the phone to recovery. Once it is done, use vol up/power then choose 'reboot' to reboot the phone. After it boots (it will bootloop, that's expected):
    Code:
    adb shell
    /data/local/tmp/tacoroot --root
    this command will kick you out of adb shell, so we need to return there and see the # sign of root access, after which we can change the main version, create a goldcard and undo tacoroot to boot he phone normally:
    Code:
    adb shell
    cd /data/local/tmp
    ./misc_version -s 1.00.000.0
    ./flashgc
    ./tacoroot --undo
    After these commands are done, the phone should get rebooted by tacoroot. After it boots, boot to bootloader to flash the 1.32 firmware:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Once in bootloader, use the vol buttons to go to 'bootloader' and the power button to execute. The rom will flash. Enjoy!

Credits:
    Guhl and Scotty2 - they made all this possible. Guhl created and coded misc_version and lots of other good stuff to make unlocking our phones doable and safe.
    the tacoroot team
    skorgon for flashgc
    Donate to EFF!!!!!! and RevSkills -
    EFF has the power to keep rooting/unlocking legal.
    revskills provides the goldcard solution and online goldcard creation.

Anti-credits:
    paul for visionary - among the worst things that happened to the vision community over the years.
    attn1, can you please elaborate further on that? The reason I link to the 1.32 rom is that it is perfectly and safely unlockable by gfree.

Devices shipped with later gingerbread hboots don't boot properly when downgrading to the Froyo hboots. It can take up to 1/2 hour for a normal boot, and flashing RUUs generally fails. We first noticed this on Inspires. Note: This problem only seems to be occurring on devices SHIPPED with GB, not on any of those upgraded to GB.

You can fix if you can temproot, gfree to cycle emmc (even if you can't s-off yet) and dd a current hboot back to the phone. It's a pain in the ass, and I've seen a lot of them - now on some original DHDs and not just Inspires. We've been fixing hboots from downgrades from virtually every older method, including my own.

Since then, we've not done full downgrades - I flash the signed firmware.zip from a very early OTA. This downgrades radio, boot and recovery only - no hboot.

upon reboot:

• There is usb debugging support working
    • There is no video support for current GB roms - this is okay - we fix that later
    • The GB rom combined with the early froyo kernel will not allow gfree to set s-off, but it will allow emmc cycling, so I flash cwm with an early version kernel.
    • Reboot to recovery, and from there, mount system and data, run gfree to set s-off, supercid and sim unlock.
    • Once that's done, push a proper boot image, root files and correct wifi module back to the phone - again from recovery.

Here's the firmware.zip I have been using - no HBOOT - fortunately. http://tau.shadowchild.nl:/files/firmware.zip

So the GB ROM is never downgraded with an HBOOT that can do harm, gfree has done it's thing successfully, and no data is lost on most runs.

Sense 3 changes the picture entirely, as the downgrade firmware is incompatible. Those ROMS must be downgraded. But instead of going to Froyo for those shipped with GB, I strongly recommend downgrading to a 2.x Sense version of GB to avoid those booting issues.

I do not know WHY the newer devices don't work correctly with older hboots, but they don't. I suspect it's some firmware hook not impacted when we flash RUUs.

The WWE 2.50.405.2 RUU is perfectly rootable/s-off-able with the right custom recovery and the above firmware package. It's a popular build, so if we are using goldcard anyway, it's safest to just have everyone downgrade to that, or a comparable GB RUU supporting their own CID.
    Thanks to all people having working on that!

just amazing!!!!!

thanks

BUT EDIT:

MY DHD stay on HTC green logo screen on rebooting :/

I have tried to unlock bootloader with fastboot not working, trying to use a RUU.exe...

Ohhh :D

Yes I think it's working now :D

So the hboot has been downgrade to 0.85 from 2.00

And I reboot on fastboot without sd card because of the PD98IMG then I put the sdcard on my phone

and I launch the RUU_Ace_HTC_WWE_1.24.405.1_Radio_12.27.60.14b_26.02.00.29_M4_release_151852_signed.exe

I am waiting for the green bar with HTC grey logo, and I back for editing!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

ANDROID FROYO :D

EDIT 2:

I want to share with you my video!

If your phone don't boot, watch my video from 20:09

You must flash a RUU.exe, but this is a special instructions ;)

Thanks once again for this GUIDE ;)
    Really happy to see dev's putting tacoroot to use <3

Most up to date versions of tacoroot and burritoroot are opensourced here https://github.com/CunningLogic
    link to PD98IMG.zip is dead. Could you re upload it?
    Link to new PD98IMG-gb2.zip download is on "Flow-Wolf's" blog.
    PD98IMG-gb2.zip from said blog

Flow-Wolf if you dont like me linking it i will remove.
    BTW his tutorial worked im now downgraded and can start the fun. ;)
    Thanks again! :good: