[App] SMSSyncUp v0.6 Updated{6th April} Upload your sms to gmail

Search This thread

mohitsapru

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2008
"India"
SMSSyncUp is a very simple tool to "upload/backup" your SMSes to Gmail.
To run this app you need to have Gmail account setup in your poutlook.

Steps to use it.
1. Install it :D
2. Choose your Gmail Account.
3. Open the application, and fill the Send To: with the gmail id to which you want to backup sms.
4. Go to Menu "Login"(it is not an actual login, you need to configure your Gmail account for it).
5. Login should enable the SMS folders dropdown with all your SMS folders.
6. Select the folder to backup.
7. Go to Menu "Sync SMS Folder". This should start the message conversion to mail format. Progress will be displayed.
8. On completion it will prompt and then ask you if you want to sync:eek:.
8. Syncing would send Emails with Subject IMAPSMS|<FOLDER NAME> :Sender and the body will contain Message and time, the subject should help you to create proper rules in your gmail account.

Updates in V 0.2Beta
1. Fixed a condition where message syncing could have failed.
2. App will rember the last user name and gmail account used.
3. Will sync only those messages which were not synced.

Updates for v0.3Beta
1. Added scheduler
2. Added limit of messages to be synced up, default is 50(no reason:D).
3. Modified the message text when it was sent by you.(Sent items)

Update for v0.4Beta
1. Issue fixed which was reported on 9th Feb 2010.
2. Issue from v0.3 fixed, sms folder dropdown list vanishes when scheduler option was clicked twice.

Update for v0.5
1. Option added to create threaded mails. (Conversation from a contact in a single mail).
NOTE: Threaded mode mail wont work properly for Sent SMSes.

Update for v0.6
1. Added option to sync all folders
2. Added option to delete messages older than specified date after sync.
NOTE: Deletion part still under testing, works well but still in case you have some important messages... keep a backup
All these settings also will be applied to scheduled runs.

The messages already synced wont be synced again, incase you want to sync those also plz delete id.txt from installation folder.

Setting up and scheduling
1. Open the app.
2. Menu->Login
3. Select the Gmail account
4. Select the folder you want to sync messages from
5. Menu->Schedule->Set the time (if the time u set up is less than current it will set it up for next day else on the same day)
6. Click Set, if succeeded it will show the scheduled time else will show the error.
7. If you want to de-schedule it click de-schedule.
8. Schedule will run the app at that time upload the text in mail and will try to sync. Sync will be successful only if u are connected to internet, this app won't automatically do it.

9. Default limit of one time sync is 50 if you want to change it, after login select Menu->Message Limit and enter the number of messages u want to upload per sync. This will also be used in Scheduled sync
If you want to sync your old smses which u already have synced, u need to delete the id.txt file from the program folder.

Note. Please configure your Gmail account first...

Provide your inputs

BUGS:

SUPPORT LATE NIGHTS- DONATE!

Attachments

• Screen07.jpg
    Screen07.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 2,608
  • Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 22,461
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 22,056
Last edited:

jolas

Feb 22, 2006
Athens
Very useful application!!!
Thank you!

The only cons, is that every time I run it I have to select again my email account and write again my email address.

Robrecht

Apr 5, 2005
Antwerpen
www.dropbox.com
Brilliant!!! I've been looking for something like this ever since I found that Sprite Archie doesn't work on my HD2. Thank you so much for your work!!

It would be fantastic if you could include the option to sync automatically whenever a message is sent or received (or once every day).

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Thanks Guys....

Thank u guys for testing it. Surely i will try to implement the features u have asked for ;) Very soon....

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
V 0.2Beta

Updates in V 0.2Beta
1. Fix a condition where message syncing could have failed.
2. App will rember the last user name and gmail account used.
3. Will sync only those messages which were not synced.(This needs to be tested)

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Brilliant!!! I've been looking for something like this ever since I found that Sprite Archie doesn't work on my HD2. Thank you so much for your work!!

It would be fantastic if you could include the option to sync automatically whenever a message is sent or received (or once every day).

I will be very soon working on this option but i think i will go for just scheduled sync, it takes Less coding:p

Robrecht

Apr 5, 2005
Antwerpen
www.dropbox.com
Thanks for your efforts! Scheduled sync would be fine, as long as it can sync both sent and received messages.

Attempting to include 'immediate' sync would probably be more trouble than it's worth. Sprite Software's 'Archie' (now discontinued) used to do this but for some reason, it won't work on my HD2. More specifically, it doesn't detect when a new message arrives. Maybe something changed in the messaging application that doesn't allow external programs to be triggered by an incoming sms?

So if you'd just go for scheduled sync, for both sent and received messages, that would be perfect.

I'll try the new version later today and let you know how it works!

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Thanks for your efforts! Scheduled sync would be fine, as long as it can sync both sent and received messages.

Attempting to include 'immediate' sync would probably be more trouble than it's worth. Sprite Software's 'Archie' (now discontinued) used to do this but for some reason, it won't work on my HD2. More specifically, it doesn't detect when a new message arrives. Maybe something changed in the messaging application that doesn't allow external programs to be triggered by an incoming sms?

So if you'd just go for scheduled sync, for both sent and received messages, that would be perfect.

I'll try the new version later today and let you know how it works!

Exactly what i thought Robrecht,
syncing on new items may pose problems to some. well do you suggest that i should allow user to choose which folder to sync or automatically sync outbox and inbox?