[MOD]{CM10.1}{CM10.2}{CM11}{AOSP}Working Int2Ext for Xperia 2011 [ART-compatible]

Search This thread

nos1609

Feb 16, 2009
Moscow
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
After days of looking for a solution to the problem of every 2011 device I've finally managed to do it!

Many of you wanna enable ART functionnality in 4.4.2 because the device start "flying" with such a pill. So I've managed to modify the Int2Ext v2 script to run it lagless and conserving initial performance.

Prerequesites:
1. You have to make an EXT partition (I've got an EXT4 1 GB partition)
2. Flash the script BEFORE the first boot (like any other package such as gapps).
3. (Optionnal) Reboot once, and enable ART in developement menu.
4. Enjoy!

What it does exactly?
1. Increase the readahead cache for your sd to 4096 kb
2. Transfers /data/app & /data/app-private to the ext partition of the SD
3. Everything that a CronMod-INT2EXT script does

Screenshots
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

All credits goes to the creator of the original script. Ive simply deleted a line inside ;)

You're welcome for testing.:good:

Small FAQ & corrected verision to avoid signal loss:
1. Tested in couple with Vanir/Carbon - unstable under ART, Dalvik recommanded
Tested on PAC working like a charm on both ART & Dalvik

2. To avoid reboots / FCs try flashing ART compatible gapps

3. About the "internal memory waste" Guys, please check the description of what the script is doing and what folders are moved onto EXT-partition. If everything would so simle as that, even ART mode couldn't overcome the laggynes and the lack of performance after moving everything to sdcard. The script is moving ONLY APKs to the EXT-partition. Dalvik, libs etc remains on the 470 Mb NAND to conserve initial performance. But enen that amount of free space is not enough to run ART experience at it full potential. because of very large dalvik-cache size.

4. EXT partition. Just google, XDA contains tons of manuals and tools to create one. If you'd like to simply try ART 512 MB one will be enough, you'll reach the internal NAND limitation. If you want using it in normal mode you can make the partition as large as you like.

5. Concerning the loss of signal, I think there are some lack of time for the device itself to get the new location of the files, so try this new package.

UPDATE: Working fix for signal loss

Attachments

• Int2Ext_v2_ART-optimized.zip
    195.2 KB · Views: 7,657
  • Screenshot_2014-03-24-00-11-13.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-24-00-11-13.png
    218 KB · Views: 54,535
  • Screenshot_2014-03-24-00-11-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-24-00-11-24.png
    170.5 KB · Views: 53,768
  • Screenshot_2014-03-24-00-13-20.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-24-00-13-20.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 53,543
  • Int2Ext_v2.1_ART-optimized.zip
    201.5 KB · Views: 4,588
Last edited:

SigitCGumilars

Jan 5, 2013
GB
Guys I'm Use CM11 Than I Do instal Your Script But My Signal (3G) Has been Lost & No Signal, How About This Problem?

SigitCGumilars

Jan 5, 2013
GB
Did you installed the script right after a clean install of the ROM?

HISTORY :

Im Use Fat32 partitions

1. I' m Flash CM11 In My Smultron Device...
2. Than Flash Gapps, & Restart First
3. I'm Flash Your Script
5. I'm Restart My Device But (3G) Signal Has been Lost...
6. I'm Remove Your Script Signal Has been Normaly
7. The Script is Working But my Network Lost
8. How About This?

Last edited:

Smartid

May 21, 2012
Jakarta
Hallo @nos1609 I was tried your script after installed cm11 with clean install, then install root explorer n reboot, after get in to homescreen i check root explorer was installed has gone..than i tried restore data from cwm but nothing haven't on my device..but my network worked fine on it..thx..

Sent from my Xperia P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

SigitCGumilars

Jan 5, 2013
GB
Hallo @nos1609 I was tried your script after installed cm11 with clean install, then install root explorer n reboot, after get in to homescreen i check root explorer was installed has gone..than i tried restore data from cwm but nothing haven't on my device..but my network worked fine on it..thx..

Guys Please Share Your Steps...

Smartid

May 21, 2012
Jakarta
My step like your step mate with clean install off course but was different i used ext4 not fat32 for this partition..

Smartid

May 21, 2012
Jakarta
891mb..(sorry i can't give you ss cos i was restored backup now..

Tazan2013

Sep 26, 2013
@nos1609: Can you guide steps for everyone follow?
After clean flash rom we need do what?
I tried flash Carbom rom, after flash rom i flash your script and i do first reboot but bootloop :(

Tazan2013

Sep 26, 2013
I think not bootloop but it will your phone loading long indeed about a couple minutes, so be patient mate..

You think i should wait how many minutes? Because i waited more than 20p and i think this is bootloop :(
But i'll as the following you try again

Reactions: Smartid

Smartid

May 21, 2012
Jakarta
You think i should wait how many minutes? Because i waited more than 20p and i think this is bootloop :(

Sorry.. I used any rom 4.4 cm11 not make my phone bootloop, ok don't use carbon, but i was tried on pacman, vanir, xosp, but I'll try on carbon now on ART..

Reactions: Tazan2013

GaMeR77

Oct 9, 2013
So does it work on carbon roms 4.4.2 ? and mainly how does ART help you.(sorry for the noob question, I'm not familiar with ART).

Sent from my Xperia Ray using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After days of looking for a solution to the problem of every 2011 device I've finally managed to do it!

Many of you wanna enable ART functionnality in 4.4.2 because the device start "flying" with such a pill. So I've managed to modify the Int2Ext v2 script to run it lagless and conserving initial performance.

Prerequesites:
    1. You have to make an EXT partition (I've got an EXT4 1 GB partition)
    2. Flash the script BEFORE the first boot (like any other package such as gapps).
    3. (Optionnal) Reboot once, and enable ART in developement menu.
    4. Enjoy!

What it does exactly?
    1. Increase the readahead cache for your sd to 4096 kb
    2. Transfers /data/app & /data/app-private to the ext partition of the SD
    3. Everything that a CronMod-INT2EXT script does

Screenshots
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

All credits goes to the creator of the original script. Ive simply deleted a line inside ;)

You're welcome for testing.:good:

Small FAQ & corrected verision to avoid signal loss:
    1. Tested in couple with Vanir/Carbon - unstable under ART, Dalvik recommanded
    Tested on PAC working like a charm on both ART & Dalvik

2. To avoid reboots / FCs try flashing ART compatible gapps

3. About the "internal memory waste" Guys, please check the description of what the script is doing and what folders are moved onto EXT-partition. If everything would so simle as that, even ART mode couldn't overcome the laggynes and the lack of performance after moving everything to sdcard. The script is moving ONLY APKs to the EXT-partition. Dalvik, libs etc remains on the 470 Mb NAND to conserve initial performance. But enen that amount of free space is not enough to run ART experience at it full potential. because of very large dalvik-cache size.

4. EXT partition. Just google, XDA contains tons of manuals and tools to create one. If you'd like to simply try ART 512 MB one will be enough, you'll reach the internal NAND limitation. If you want using it in normal mode you can make the partition as large as you like.

5. Concerning the loss of signal, I think there are some lack of time for the device itself to get the new location of the files, so try this new package.

UPDATE: Working fix for signal loss
    @nos1609: Can you guide steps for everyone follow?
    After clean flash rom we need do what?
    I tried flash Carbom rom, after flash rom i flash your script and i do first reboot but bootloop :(

I think not bootloop but it will your phone loading long indeed about a couple minutes, so be patient mate..

Sorry.. I used any rom 4.4 cm11 not make my phone bootloop, ok don't use carbon, but i was tried on pacman, vanir, xosp, but I'll try on carbon now on ART..