now i running at my normal like 60-70 instead 40-50 with no user app running

Macrodroid

Jul 27, 2010
BLACK CANYON CITY - Hell's DoorStep!
what is the SIM toolkit for?
i notice i was running lower ram then normal so i check for different apps
i never seen in titanium backup and uninstalled the sim toolkit and
now i running at my normal like 60-70 instead 40-50 with no user app running

I'm not sure what that is... Something that CM threw in there. I'll check it out and find out if we really need it (If it's taking up ram space and we don't need it, it shouldn't be there.... Might be something they use in the engineering source to test with...)

FYI - Check to see if you have Purging Assets checked in the CM settings/performance. If it is, uncheck it and try rebooting... Animations should work after that (did on mine). Any of the CM settings, except for the CPU settings, seem to screw up the animations for GB...

Last edited:

TheGratefulDead

Mar 9, 2011
Whitehall NY
FYI - Check to see if you have Purging Assets checked in the CM settings/performance. If it is said:
had it unchecked. have spare parts window and transion aminations
to normal. and no cm settings check not even lock home in mem
and put cpu back to stock then did a few reboots still nothing
just must be my phone even when they work on tazz's rom
i end up turning them off anyways haha

Macrodroid

Jul 27, 2010
Wonder if I've got Tazz's phone? Lol. I'll sort through all my settings later and send you a pm. Curious to know why it doesn't work on yer phone...

had it unchecked. have spare parts window and transion aminations
to normal. and no cm settings check not even lock home in mem
and put cpu back to stock then did a few reboots still nothing
just must be my phone even when they work on tazz's rom
i end up turning them off anyways haha

Sent from my Ginger Glass using XDA App

TheGratefulDead

Mar 9, 2011
Whitehall NY
so i ran for like two days. very good work man. only thing i noticed was the ram issue id be running something like tapatalk and like two other apps and would get some lag i switched to tazz's aosp and ran same user apps as before on your rom
and had aleast 30mg more of ram.
you def. have a great build here man battery life is awesome gps mms all worked for me.
im going to run tazz's aospv3 for a couple days then try your ginger glass

Macrodroid

Jul 27, 2010
Im working on an update, I'll look into the ram useage and see if I can't improve on that more... Thanks!

so i ran for like two days. very good work man. only thing i noticed was the ram issue id be running something like tapatalk and like two other apps and would get some lag i switched to tazz's aosp and ran same user apps as before on your rom
and had aleast 30mg more of ram.
you def. have a great build here man battery life is awesome gps mms all worked for me.
im going to run tazz's aospv3 for a couple days then try your ginger glass

TheGratefulDead

Mar 9, 2011
Whitehall NY
did a restore back to macrom 1.4 and bada bing my screen off animation worked some how haha going to just run this for a while looking forward to update
and sry i just read to send pm's with issues in the op i will for now. only thing i notice is my ram like i said before

Macrodroid

Jul 27, 2010
For whatever reason they're intermittent ... I'm testing an update now.

did a restore back to macrom 1.4 and bada bing my screen off animation worked some how haha going to just run this for a while looking forward to update
and sry i just read to send pm's with issues in the op i will for now. only thing i notice is my ram like i said before

Sent from my MacRom using XDA App

TheGratefulDead

Mar 9, 2011
Whitehall NY
CAP201104252303.jpg
battery is great i ran wifi and 3g full time and did lots of texting and veiwed xda
only had like a five minte phone call i consider this heavey use for myself figured id post incase people wondered how battey is on this rom

Macrodroid

Jul 27, 2010
Thanks! I'm even impressed its doing so well. Wish I could say the same for the update... I ran it all day today, on the charger more than off. I'm making some changes and adding in a few tweaks, but I think I'm going to skip rolling out a nightly. Last build seems to be on point, so I'll add some tweaks and test for a day ir so, then post an update for everyone!

View attachment 578312
battery is great i ran wifi and 3g full time and did lots of texting and veiwed xda
only had like a five minte phone call i consider this heavey use for myself figured id post incase people wondered how battey is on this rom

Macrodroid

Jul 27, 2010
Update

I'm almost done testing the last update. I should have something posted this weekend. I will also be adding a link to Zach's C2C... Tried it on this update and it seems to help with memory space quite a bit!

I will also be posting an update to Ginger Glass next week (I'm making some changes in the theme and updating to the latest).

Macrodroid

Jul 27, 2010
UPDATES!

Ok, for those who are looking "coward" to this, I've recompiled the source and posted the Update! You will find a full CM ChangeLog under CM Settings/System/Changelog.

MACROM MR2 Build 1.5B (CM7 GB Build 2.3.4)

ChangeLog:

4/30/11

> Rebuilt OP, cleanup.
> Re-Compiled to nightly CM7 Source, GB 2.3.4
> Added Speed Tweaks
> Modified DPI settings

What Works:

. EVERYTHING!

What's Broke:

. Camera is back to the 2X Zoom until I can find a more stable fix!
. Wifi is broke. Link pulled temporarily.

DOWNLOAD:

Don't forget to DL the GAPPS and Launcher from the OP!

If you're running this Rom, PLEASE leave some feedback! It work's great on my phone, but I'd like to hear how it's working for everyone else!

** I'll post an update for Ginger Glass tomorrow (need to update the .png's and a few xml's) and I'm also working on another theme!!! ENJOY! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGratefulDead

TheGratefulDead

Mar 9, 2011
Whitehall NY
alright i downloaded put on sdcard did full data and dalvik wipe flashed
and set up then tried to connect to wifi. i cant connect.
i thought it was my router went and reset still nada. did a restore to previous
rom to make sure wifi was working and it did so i did another full data and dalvik
wpe and delete android secure folder which i didnt think would help but did
anyways for a more clean install and still not connecting to wifi. i dont know how to get it working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MacRom MR8 SR1 (GingerBread 2.3.4 RC1 CM7)
    (Vanilla, Ginger Chrome and Ginger Glass)
    6/26/2011 UPDATE

** ScreenShots are now in Post #2 **

After spending time on XDA learning from all the Dev's, I've decided to give Rom building a shot on my own.
    This Rom is based on the HeroC Nightlies, ported to our device.

> Thanks to CyanogenMod and TeamDouche for putting out the source for all of us to use!
    SOURCE - http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=heroc&type=nightly
    > Thanks to Conap for his Kernel Source!
    KERNEL - https://github.com/Conap30/htc_kernel_desirec_cfs
    > Thanks to TazzPatriot for helping get through the process of porting this Rom!
    > Thanks to Condemned Soul, WorkShed and all the other Dev's at XDA for all great the tools and inspiration!
    > And most of all, I want to thank the Community for their support and use of what we put here on XDA! THANKS!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DISCLAIMER:

By flashing this you have already voided your manufacturer's warranty. If you are flashing this, you realize that this is unsupported software. Your device may break as a result of flashing this unsupported software. I am not responsible for anything that might happen to your phone or you as a result of flashing this software. That includes but is not limited to bricked phones, world war, your alarm not waking you up and as a result you getting fired, or orgasms.

CHANGELOG:

7/16/2011 SR1
    * Revised Build.Prop - Added Hard-Coded Memory Settings (Moderate Setting)
    *> Using SuperCharger Scripts with this new Build.Prop mod has not been tested!
    * Added GAPPS to Rom until further notice
    * Changed Maps.apk (Version 5.6 from June GAPPS) to Version 5.2.0
    * Changed Vending.apk to latest version
    * Added 2D Gallery
    * Revised font to STOCK Eris font set
    * Modified DPI settings to 150dpi (Stock is 160dpi).
    * Added Wireless Tethering
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    MACROM MR8 - Vanilla Version

DOWNLOAD: http://www.multiupload.com/CWOB2QZ4JU
    EXODUS SENSE (GB 2.3.3 based on the Salsa Port from JieeHD)

LINK: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1038361&page=59

GINGER GLASS MR3 HP Build 1.8 CM7/RC0
    [5/22/11]

CHANGELOG:

* Updated to Latest Nightly
    * Normal Speed/Battery Tweaks
    * Modified Font (Replacement back to System Font can be downloaded here: http://www.multiupload.com/ZFGIDBSQSY
    * Removed Stock Theme Chooser APK's and App

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/5A8T3KQGHS

GINGER CHROME MR3 HP Build 1.8 CM7/RC0
    [5/22/11]

CHANGELOG:

* Updated to Latest Nightly
    * Normal Speed/Battery Tweaks
    * Modified Font (Replacement back to System Font can be downloaded here: http://www.multiupload.com/ZFGIDBSQSY
    * Removed Stock Theme Chooser APK's and App

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/1R34AEDVVD

OP REQUIREMENTS: LAUNCHER INSTALL - DOWNLOAD ONE FROM THE LIST BELOW

OPTIONAL LAUNCHERS:

MacRom DOES NOT come with a built in Launcher, it's user preference. Make sure you download one of these below and flash it AFTER you flash the Rom!

Go Launcher
    Launcher Pro
    ADW Launcher
    OPTIONS:

* Cache2Cache by zach.xtr
    * SuperCharger by zepplinrox
    SCRIPT INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Place the SuperCharger script on your SD card
    2. DL Script Manager from the Market
    3. Open Script Manager and find the Supercharger script on your SD
    4. Check Run as Root and run the script.

There are 15 settings, personally the aggressive or gaming modes work best for me, but most have better luck with the balanced settings. If it's your first time running the script, you'll need to reboot your phone to apply it.

* Miui Camera V17
    * Miren Browser
    * Stock 2x Camera Zoom (FlashBack)
    * 9x Camera Zoom
    * Turn it to Eleven (Sound Boost)
    * Turn it to Stock (Revert Sound to Stock)
    * Hi-Res Density (140 DPI)
    * Stock Res Density (160 DPI)
    * Stock Eris Font
    * Stock EV Font

I'm not doing this for the money and I don't "expect" donations, but if you feel compelled to donate to the

caffeine fund, I'd appreciate it!
    MacRom Screen Shots

MacRom

CAP201104161647.jpg
    CAP201104161653.jpg
    CAP2011041616521.jpg
    CAP2011041616471.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GINGER GLASS

CAP2011050509251.jpg

CAP2011050509252.jpg
    CAP201105050927.jpg
    CAP201105050925.jpg
    CAP201104171209.jpg

WHAT'S THEMED:

> Market - Latest Market Update
    > Phone and Contacts
    > Framework and System UI
    > Icons (Not yet complete)
    > Changed Font style (If you guys don't like the font, you can get a flashable zip for the system font here in Condemned Souls Thread)

GINGER CHROME

CAP2011051320471.jpg

CAP2011051320481.jpg
    CAP201105132048.jpg
    CAP201105132047.jpg
    CAP201105132049-1.jpg

Boot Animations by Adam2010, found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=12716354#post12716354
    All three are done - Ran into a problem, Shed Light's don't work :D. I'll have it fixed shortly and posted. Everything else works great!

EDIT: FIXED! Uploading and will have the OP updated! Sorry for all the delay's! Busy Freakin' Day!
    Honey Comb Player added to Ginger Glass!

Just posted Ginger Glass 1.4a update! I replaced the stock music player with Honeycomb... Make sure you follow the instructions in the OP! Use the same Glass Gapps! Flash Over should work fine, but, as usual, if you run into problems do a full wipe and dalvik... There's also been a slight change in the app paging, makes the rom a bit snappier! :D