simplytheone

Dec 20, 2009
The Problem

ASUS Unlock Device App V7 show this Message:
images-i4533bmuuhj.jpg

Device Tracker not working:
http://devicetracker.asus.com/select_lang.action

I search XDA over hours and the first big Information:

The Unlock App is the only way to Unlock the Tablet. No other way known (21.02.2013)

Asus Support is the only way to fix this!

bgroins makes a poll about this problem:

With all the reports of bootloader unlocking issues, I wanted to get a general idea of how many people are affected.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1814998

Garalor do this to unlock:
Hey,
i finally got mine unlocked.

i hope this works for more people too:

1. i registered my device on the asus Siteus. (dont know if that is necessary)
2. after that i clickt on the contact technical support button
3. i wrote this to the support:

"I want to use the unlock tool from asus, but a error shows up:
unknown network error,
please wait and try later.

People over at xda developer say that it is a problem with your server.
The tool trys to connect, to check my serial number and mark that number as
unlocked. That seems not to work. Can you fix your server. Would be great."

4. i got an answer from asus the day after, and they wanted to know my WiFi Mac Address(seems to be important for the unlock tool)
he said he will give the mac address to his colleagues to check it (my serial he already had)

5. half a day later i could unlock my device

hope this helps others. plz report here if it works for you too

sry for english mistakes and a happy x-mas from germany

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35867090&postcount=51&nocache=1&z=6285534482449293

fsured postet:
I emailed Tien about this issue last night and he responded that they are aware of the problem and it's up to Asus HQ to fix the problem with the unlock tool. The issue is occuring with tablets that are brand new, bought when the unit first came out, have had RMA service, and they don't know why this is occuring. Being that the tool would void warranty it isn't exactly a high priority for them to solve. He actually apologized for the incovience and run around I got from email/phone support. There are people in Asus who care about the products and customers.

Calling in is really a chance in what end result you get. Some reps won't help because the "unlock" tool isn't supported by them and voids warranty. Same with the device tracker website. One rep I spoke with had no idea what the tracker was and kept insisiting that it wasn't an Asus product and supported by them. The real solution is finding a way to pressure\get Asus HQ to address the problem with the tool. They have already made the sale and profit from us buying the tablet and the warrning about voiding warranty is clear. It free's them of any further obligation to the device and means they can save money by not having to support hardware\software failures caused by the owners desire to modfiy things.

Till then I'll try a few times through the day and maybe get lucky with the tool working.

Asus Apps like DMclient Frozen or removed?

Holy crap you guys, I think I may have stumbled onto something here.

Little bit of backstory- So I've been trying to unlock this thing since I got it with zero success. Just one failure after another & lots of anger. I registered it, I tried unlocking it on different wifi networks, different times of the day, etc, all to no avail. I rooted it on day one & froze DMclient & CMclient b/c I tried the JB update when I first got it & didn't like it, so I rolled back & froze the updaters cause didn't want it nagging me to update again. It hit me while I was at work today- these apks communicate with Asus's servers, what if them being frozen is what's stopping the unlocking? So I unfroze them, ran the unlocker again, and... it worked. Immediately and with zero errors :eek:

Maybe its just a coincidence, maybe Asus randomly fixed their servers just today, I dunno. But if you have those apks frozen/removed & can't unlock, defrost/reinstall them & try again. Not promising this is THE answer, but it seems more than coincidental to me that after literally a MONTH of trying to unlock it nearly every day with no success, it worked right away as soon as I did that.

please report you experience with the support.

Last edited:

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
i going crazy... found no way to unlock my device... i search now 5 hours here and no where is a guide to unlock the device with my firmware...

i found something about all releases but no save way for the latest version...

asus unlock tool get no internet conection (testet with 2 internet sources)... unlock not work for me...

way two revert to 0.30... dont work system dont load EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip ...

can someone explain a solution for a device with 10.4.4.25-20121228 stock... no root and unlock done right now...

all post i found start with you neet root or some other version of the firmware... i dont have both...

please dont be angry i read now over 5 hours but its to much chaos... no clear way for this version found...

Asus unlock tool is the only way (only tool) can be use to unlock your device. This tool will work with both ICS and JB version. If some how you can't unlock your device using the tool, then the issue is with Asus server and your device. Like your MAC address or serial number are not registered correctly with Asus.

simplytheone

Dec 20, 2009
Asus unlock tool is the only way (only tool) can be use to unlock your device. This tool will work with both ICS and JB version. If some how you can't unlock your device using the tool, then the issue is with Asus server and your device. Like your MAC address or serial number are not registered correctly with Asus.

what to do now? call asus?

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
what to do now? call asus?

Some ppl keep trying and eventually got through, some never got through and call Asus, if they agreed to help you, they will provide a RMA to get the MAC address fixed and some ppl being refused help by Asus. I would keep trying for a few weeks, then try Asus and hopefully they agree to help.

simplytheone

Dec 20, 2009
Some ppl keep trying and eventually got through, some never got through and call Asus, if they agreed to help you, they will provide a RMA to get the MAC address fixed and some ppl being refused help by Asus. I would keep trying for a few weeks, then try Asus and hopefully they agree to help.

i dont think asus helps me... i wrote 3 emails to asus with small questions to the tablet and i have never get any request or onformation from asus...

simplytheone

Dec 20, 2009
Try pm "asus_usa" in this forum, he's a rep for Asus.

my serialnumber not exsist... say the register page from asus... cant register the tablet ;( only get the link to the support page where i never get any information back... now iam realy hard pissed of...

600€ device and i need to go in a forum on the other side of the world... to much rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you for you information!

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
my serialnumber not exsist... say the register page from asus... cant register the tablet ;( only get the link to the support page where i never get any information back... now iam realy hard pissed of...

600€ device and i need to go in a forum on the other side of the world... to much rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you for you information!

Why don't you call their support hot line and start out with "can't register the tablet".

BabelHuber

Sep 16, 2012
Why don't you call their support hot line and start out with "can't register the tablet".

Same problem here: Got a brand-new TF700 yesterday (my GF threw my old TF201 to the floor, it is totally broken now)

Problems:

- No OTA updates (my tablet is on 10.4.4.23)
- Device Tracker not working (says Serial Number is unknown)
- Asus Unlock Tool gives me some unknown network error

I have called the hotline from Asus Germany yesterday. They gave me two MAC addresses which are stored in their system for my device, the second one was the right one.

So I'd rule out some issues with my MAC address. I wonder why Asus has two MAC addresses for my device, though.

For me it seems that my device cannot connect to Asus at all, probably some Asus server issues?

However the Asus guay told me that I should try it for a few days, if it still doesn't work I have to RMA it.

Until now I am really dissapointed. My old TF201 was a POS with the Asus Software, I used Androwook with Data2SD and the thing just flew.

BabelHuber

Sep 16, 2012
Still not working, but I have a logcat now.

I think these are the errors that matter:

D/DMServerUnlock( 1633): get DMServer Response retry count = 3

W/System.err( 1633): javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: No peer certificate

D/dalvikvm( 1633): GC_CONCURRENT freed 438K, 8% free 9126K/9863K, paused 38ms+9ms, total 63ms

W/System.err( 1633): at org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.SSLSessionImpl.getPeerCertificates(SSLSessionImpl.java:137)

W/System.err( 1633): at org.apache.http.conn.ssl.AbstractVerifier.verify(AbstractVerifier.java:93)

W/System.err( 1633): at org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLSocketFactory.createSocket(SSLSocketFactory.java:381)

W/System.err( 1633): at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:165)

W/System.err( 1633): at org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPoolEntry.open(AbstractPoolEntry.java:164)

W/System.err( 1633): at org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPooledConnAdapter.open(AbstractPooledConnAdapter.java:119)

W/System.err( 1633): at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:360)

W/System.err( 1633): at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:555)

W/System.err( 1633): at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:487)

W/System.err( 1633): at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:465)

W/System.err( 1633): at android.net.http.AndroidHttpClient.execute(AndroidHttpClient.java:252)

W/System.err( 1633): at com.asus.unlock.h.b(Unknown Source)

W/System.err( 1633): at com.asus.unlock.h.a(Unknown Source)

W/System.err( 1633): at com.asus.unlock.h.c(Unknown Source)

W/System.err( 1633): at com.asus.unlock.UnLockActivity.b(Unknown Source)

W/System.err( 1633): at com.asus.unlock.UnLockActivity.d(Unknown Source)

W/System.err( 1633): at com.asus.unlock.UnLockActivity.b(Unknown Source)

W/System.err( 1633): at com.asus.unlock.t.run(Unknown Source)

W/System.err( 1633): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)

D/DMServerUnlock( 1633): get DMServer Response retry count = 2

D/dalvikvm( 714): GC_CONCURRENT freed 2054K, 26% free 16889K/22599K, paused 2ms+3ms, total 37ms

D/DMServerUnlock( 1633): index of line: 3

D/DMServerUnlock( 1633): DM Server Response: 104

W/InputMethodManagerService( 403): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@41ef44f0 attribute=null

I guess the most important is this one:
W/System.err( 1633): javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: No peer certificate

It seems that the tablet tries to connect to the Asus server, but the server cannot certificate itself???

BabelHuber

Sep 16, 2012
I just called Asus Germany again, and I had a competent employee at the phone!

He told me that Asus currently has server problems and that the servers are probably down the whole weekend.

On Monday it should work again.

He also said that he doesn't believe that the problem is my tablet, but if it doesn't work on Monday I should call again.

So, let's wait and see...

BabelHuber

Sep 16, 2012
Update: Still does not work.

Called Asus again and the hotline-guy confirmed that this is most likely a problem with the Asus server. He opened a ticket and I had to create an additional ticket via the Asus support-page.

I was promised to get an answer within 48 hours, so let's see...

Reactions: simplytheone

simplytheone

Dec 20, 2009
good morning...

Called Asus again and the hotline-guy confirmed that this is most likely a problem with the Asus server. He opened a ticket and I had to create an additional ticket via the Asus support-page.

i never get any information or service over the ticket server... i call asus today aggain... :mad::mad:

simplytheone

Dec 20, 2009
5 minutes ago i get a call from asus...

the mainboard of my tablet is not the original... i need to send it to asus to fix it (3weeks waiting time or more)

wtf... iam angry... new tablet ???

BabelHuber

Sep 16, 2012
5 minutes ago i get a call from asus...

the mainboard of my tablet is not the original... i need to send it to asus to fix it (3weeks waiting time or more)

wtf... iam angry... new tablet ???

Hm. I've opened a ticket via the Asus Germany page yesterday. Today I got a first answer. They needed the S/N and the MAC-address, although I gave them these informations already via phone.

According to the hotline, the problem should be the Asus server. So I assume that I don't have to send it in. But let's wait and see...

My old TF201 made no problems whatsoever when I unlocked it. So I assume that once that issue is fixed, I will be satisfied with the device.

Can't wait to try out CM10.1 and CHROMI :)

DarkFire1985

Feb 13, 2009
I have RMA'd my device twice, after getting my mainboard replaced, to get the MAC-address fixed.
Both times I got my device back without a fix and no possibility to unlock / root / downgrade or anything.

I contacted ASUS Germany again and asked for them to see if ASUS HQ in Taiwan can fix the issue as they appear to be able to as reported by a guy in this topic: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1795156
They replied that they would contact ASUS HQ.

fsured

Jul 25, 2011
I emailed Tien about this issue last night and he responded that they are aware of the problem and it's up to Asus HQ to fix the problem with the unlock tool. The issue is occuring with tablets that are brand new, bought when the unit first came out, have had RMA service, and they don't know why this is occuring. Being that the tool would void warranty it isn't exactly a high priority for them to solve. He actually apologized for the incovience and run around I got from email/phone support. There are people in Asus who care about the products and customers.

Calling in is really a chance in what end result you get. Some reps won't help because the "unlock" tool isn't supported by them and voids warranty. Same with the device tracker website. One rep I spoke with had no idea what the tracker was and kept insisiting that it wasn't an Asus product and supported by them. The real solution is finding a way to pressure\get Asus HQ to address the problem with the tool. They have already made the sale and profit from us buying the tablet and the warrning about voiding warranty is clear. It free's them of any further obligation to the device and means they can save money by not having to support hardware\software failures caused by the owners desire to modfiy things.

Till then I'll try a few times through the day and maybe get lucky with the tool working.

simplytheone

Dec 20, 2009
... next day with waiting

next day with waiting... asus say @ the last call i need to send the tablet back to rms...

i report the support guy from all the user who send the device back to asus and get only a update on JB and no fix of the mac/serialnumber error...

@ this point the supporter give the ticket to the next supporter... and i have to wait... i dont know why asus germany cant comunicate with asus usa and fix the problem without send the device back... i think its the cheapest way for asus...

i think i have to give my tablet back in the shop the german support dont get the problem... i wait now 1 week max...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i dont think asus helps me... i wrote 3 emails to asus with small questions to the tablet and i have never get any request or onformation from asus...

Try pm "asus_usa" in this forum, he's a rep for Asus.

I have RMA'd my device twice, after getting my mainboard replaced, to get the MAC-address fixed.
    Both times I got my device back without a fix and no possibility to unlock / root / downgrade or anything.

I contacted ASUS Germany again and asked for them to see if ASUS HQ in Taiwan can fix the issue as they appear to be able to as reported by a guy in this topic: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1795156
    They replied that they would contact ASUS HQ.

Please, do report on your progress-or lack thereof..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

No reply yet, but " ( status: IN PROGRESS )" now..