[MOD ROM] [DeBlur - DeBloat] Motorola Razr XT910 JB - Remove unnecessary sys apps

Did this information help you to improve the performance of your phone?

• Yes, it did!

Votes: 43 93.5%
  • No, it didn´t improve anything.

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

alcamus06

Dec 21, 2012
Hi , i have XT910 but last year is going very slow and every day more slow....
My device info :
672.180.41.XT910.NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU
4.0.4 (stock ROM)
Kernel : 3.0.8-gc00ba37 , rwxg47@zch45Inxdroid51 #1
Safestrap 3.75 (TWRP v2.7.1.0 )

is it safe for me to flash that mod ?

Hi , i have XT910 but last year is going very slow and every day more slow....
My device info :
672.180.41.XT910.NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU
4.0.4 (stock ROM)
Kernel : 3.0.8-gc00ba37 , rwxg47@zch45Inxdroid51 #1
Safestrap 3.75 (TWRP v2.7.1.0 )

is it safe for me to flash that mod ?
I think that this mod is only for jb stock roms

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After the success of the list that clean all the bloatware that Motorola installs on the Razr XT910 on ICS, now here you have the list for Jelly Bean.

Bloatware.png

The main idea is to leave the Official Jelly Bean Stock ROM 4.1.2 (ver. 982.124.14.XT910.xxx.en.EU) as close as possible to the original Android provided by Google. The results after applying this tweaks are impressive in speed gain, battery saving and audio quality on calls.

Initially I have not deleted anything. What I have done is rooting the phone and freeze all the Motorola bloatware with the App "Quarantine Pro" (http://is.gd/vi2ADR) -You can use Titanium Backup Pro too-. Thus if you want to recover some feature of the unmodified original ROM (update via OTA , etc.), you could.

The advantage of applying this mod over an official ROM is that we will get results with all that entails in terms of stability and specific design for our hard but with the undeniable benefits of a custom ROM in terms of fluency, speed and battery saving.

Then I leave the (huge) list of garbage apps and services that can be freezed without stability problems or FC (I tested one by one) in a Motorola Razr XT910. The list is ordered as follows:

App name, service or process | Is it safe to freeze? | Package name | ODEX Name | Description

document.png
    Check list of bloatware here:

Also I made 2 installable scripts (gthx to PeGaSo32a). This scripts automatically remove the bloatware of the list above through Recovery. Both scripts work perfect on the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Stock Oficial (ver. 982.124.14.XT910.en.EU). They might work on other ROMs but it's not tested. It´s highly recommended to make a Nand Backup from Recovery to avoid unnecessary bricks.

[DeBlur - DeBloat] [Aggressive] It only maintains the proccess tagged as "Caution" in the bloatware list.

[DeBlur - DeBloat] [Moderate] Suitable for most users. It maintains Smart Actions, initial config, Swype keyboard (it removes the Motorola one), email syncronization and general use apps.

Steps to install the [DeBlur - DeBloat] scripts:

1. You must to be ROOT.
    2. Save the file in your SD Card.
    3. Charge the phone battery at least at 70% Reset your phone and enter in the Recovery mode.
    4. Go to “Install zip from sdcard” option and select it.
    5. Select “Choose zip from sdcard” option.
    6. Go to the .zip file you saved before on your SD Card and select it.
    7. Confirm the instalation by pressing “Yes — Install xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.zip”
    8. When the install ends you must to do "Wipe Cache" and "Wipe Dalvik-Cache".
    9. Select “Reboot system now”.
    10. Congratulations, your phone is free of bloatware now.

It´s highly recommended to make a Nand Backup from Recovery to avoid unnecessary bricks.

After you test the MOD, please come back and give your feedbak in the poll above. Thanks for your colaboration.

Note: You can also use this list in any Motorola Android based phone. Motorola use (almost) the same name for its app and services.
    I tried installing the aggresive .zip through BootMenu Manager, and I think it haven't worked. I still see MotoAtCmdPlugin.apk (for example) in my system/app folder... maybe it only works on SafeStrap?

I have tested it on Razr XT910 with Bootmenu Manager with Official Jelly Bean Stock ROM 4.1.2 (ver. 982.124.14.XT910.xxx.en.EU) and everything works perfect. Wich Razr model and what ROM do you have? Do you perform both "Wipe Cache" and "Wipe Dalvik-Cache"?
    [edit] it worked fine
    Worked great !

System is so much smother and faster. Especially Camera and App-Drawer start faster. Thanks a lot :good:
    Thanks! I deleted almost everything you suggested, except some things about functionality. I didn't know how to get rid of Motocast and now is completely deleted. A friend of mine uses Razr Maxx on ICS and me on JB. It seems he had more juice than me. I hope this will improve the battery.

This mod will improve your battery, no doubt!

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 4 Beta