Screen protection

Search This thread

draxd

May 27, 2011
Does anyone know if this phone have any kind of scratch protection like Gorilla Glass or similar ?

And0r

Aug 23, 2012
Im also curious, because they never mentioned the gorilla glass. But nobody said it doesnt has it.

=Oberon=

Aug 26, 2010
No,apparently not,its just Super LCD2.
However rather than just use a plastic film screen protector you can get tempered glass screen protectors for it thus greatly improving its protection.
Nillkin are one the known brands,search ebay and you will find.

draxd

May 27, 2011
No,apparently not,its just Super LCD2.
However rather than just use a plastic film screen protector you can get tempered glass screen protectors for it thus greatly improving its protection.
Nillkin are one the known brands,search ebay and you will find.

I don't find screen scratching big issue. I'm more afraid about screen breaking under pressure or something similar. Screen protectors don't protect from that.

=Oberon=

Aug 26, 2010
Yes but as I said,the Nillkin ones are tempered glass which I believe are shatterproof.
These are not the soft plastic types.

Reactions: mercman14u2nv

Lodotux

Aug 10, 2010
Reims
Problem is it's not shipped outside US, so can't geet it here in france. Maybe someone knows an equivalent protection ?

Lodotux

Aug 10, 2010
Reims
purchased a tempered glass protector, it broke, and the screen was intact.

Its the second time i broke a tempered glass, and save my phone's screen, so now, i dont have any doubt on its efficiency

Ebay.uk with shipping in france may help you, this is where i purchased mine

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e1140...&exe=10060&ext=100151&sojTags=exe=exe,ext=ext

Thanks for you help. I found an equivalent from nikpin.
here : http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00KGT5YFQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1G2SMQ8I8YN3W

look like it's worth trying, even if I'm buying a case for the phone.

DamonBoboman

Mar 8, 2013
The Ville
My phone cracked under pressure but its on like the inside of the phone and its got like purple pixels around it.. I need to get a screen protector soon.

Sep 30, 2014
New Orleans
I don't find screen scratching big issue. I'm more afraid about screen breaking under pressure or something similar. Screen protectors don't protect from that.

I know this is several months later, but I just wanna throw this out there.
Screens crack because they become weak around the points at which they scratch, so if there are no scratches on the screen, there are no weak points on the screen for it to break along. They just make sure that pressure gets uniformly distributed along the glass so that it has less chance to break. That is the main functions of screen protectors: eliminating weak points on the screen.

seekfind

Nov 17, 2014
Tehran
Screens crack because they become weak around the points at which they scratch, so if there are no scratches on the screen, there are no weak points on the screen for it to break along. They just make sure that pressure gets uniformly distributed along the glass so that it has less chance to break. That is the main functions of screen protectors: eliminating weak points on the screen.

I guess it has to be a pretty deep scratch relative to screen thickness, to have any substantial effect.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes but as I said,the Nillkin ones are tempered glass which I believe are shatterproof.
    These are not the soft plastic types.