FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Recovery][p6800/p6810/i815] (5Apr2016 TWRP 3.0.2-0) Custom Recoveries

1,628 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,280
 
By daniel_hk, Recognized Contributor on 6th July 2013, 10:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th July 2013, 06:10 PM |#21  
Account currently disabled
Flag Phuket, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 15,926
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazri1974

Can op make it for i9500?....love twrp on my tab7.7 and note2......tq sir....

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium

It is officially supported for I9500. I am using it now.

Search the I9500 original Android development forum......

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium
 
 
13th July 2013, 06:34 PM |#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 110
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir

It is officially supported for I9500. I am using it now.

Search the I9500 original Android development forum......

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium

Tq bro....already know and used it....awesome....

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium
13th July 2013, 07:28 PM |#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

No need to send me anything. I do it all the time.

I don't know if the splash is part of the boot animation but the kernel is running for sure.
A system backup means, system+data+boot, right?
See if you miss any of the partitions.
Usually, it is enough.CWM also include the cache. You may need a wipe d-cache if from different android version.

Good luck!

System backup was only system partition. Since I was only updating the same ROM, I don't need the huge data partition backup.

Sent from my GT-p6800 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
13th July 2013, 11:45 PM |#24  
daniel_hk's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 5,280
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwrib

System backup was only system partition. Since I was only updating the same ROM, I don't need the huge data partition backup.

Sent from my GT-p6800 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It's not the matter of what you want. It's what it required. You said you update the rom, right. Even if /data is compatible as you think, the boot partition (which contain the kernel and some driver modules) may not. The result that you stuck at boot already proved that. This is straight forward.

CWM backup will automatically backup the 3 partitions + cache.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
16th July 2013, 06:07 AM |#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
How do I go from CMR to TWRP?
16th July 2013, 08:47 AM |#26  
edan1979's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 1,396
 
Donate to Me
More
just flash the files via odin or mobile-odin
16th July 2013, 09:06 AM |#27  
Senior Member
Flag İzmir
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edan1979

just flash the files via odin or mobile-odin

I am sure He/She is quite unfamiliar to the terms and meanings of 'Odin', 'mobilodin', 'CWM recovery', 'flashing', 'tar file', 'zip file' etc..
At first he/she needs to read some and have idea all about..
16th July 2013, 03:31 PM |#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas_sas

I am sure He/She is quite unfamiliar to the terms and meanings of 'Odin', 'mobilodin', 'CWM recovery', 'flashing', 'tar file', 'zip file' etc..
At first he/she needs to read some and have idea all about..

I'm familiar with Odin but have never used it since I'm running Mac os. Mobile Odin doesn't support my device (Verizon galaxy tab 7.7). I tried to twrp over cmr using goo manager but it hasn't worked. Guess I'll just stick with cmr.

Sent
16th July 2013, 05:42 PM |#29  
Senior Member
Flag İzmir
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishaun27

I'm familiar with Odin but have never used it since I'm running Mac os. Mobile Odin doesn't support my device (Verizon galaxy tab 7.7). I tried to twrp over cmr using goo manager but it hasn't worked. Guess I'll just stick with cmr.

Sent

'CMR' ?
16th July 2013, 11:01 PM |#30  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
truely awsome work man >> this is almost the best recovery utility there is .. it even downloads/ installs root when checking the system in recovery status .

twrp2.6@ official jellybean .

thnx a million
16th July 2013, 11:14 PM |#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishaun27

I'm familiar with Odin but have never used it since I'm running Mac os. Mobile Odin doesn't support my device (Verizon galaxy tab 7.7). I tried to twrp over cmr using goo manager but it hasn't worked. Guess I'll just stick with cmr.

Sent

You should be able to flash the recovery of your choice using dd. Extract the image from the tar and figure out what the recovery partition is for i815. It's mmcblk0p6 for both P6800 and P6810, so if you back it up you could try that one for i815... >.> Maybe someone knows for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas_sas

'CMR' ?

ClockworkMod Recovery (you probably would have just called it cwm).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes