The OnePlus 6 is officially on sale! Buy now →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE]Development for GalaxyTab 7.7 and Plus. How hard could it be?

1,628 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,280

By daniel_hk, Recognized Contributor on 1st January 2014, 06:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th July 2014, 04:16 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
understanding the local manifest
So this part is to utilize bluetooth on our tabs...
{
<remote fetch="https://code.google.com/p/" name="gcode"/>
<remote fetch="git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/" name="korg"/>
<remove-project name="android_external_bluetooth_bluedroid"/>
<project name="bluez" revision="master" group="pdk" path="external/bluetooth/bluez" remote="korg"/>
<project name="sbc" revision="master" group="pdk" path="external/bluetooth/sbc" remote="korg"/>
<project name="aosp-bluez.glib" revision="master" group="pdk" path="external/bluetooth/glib" remote="gcode"/>
<project name="aosp-bluez.device-lge-mako" revision="kitkat" group="device,mako" path="device/lge/mako" remote="gcode"/>
}

This fixes our wireless...
{
<remove-project name="android_external_wpa_supplicant_8"/>
<project name="danielhk/android_external_wpa_supplicant_8_ath" revision="cm-11.0" path="external/wpa_supplicant_8_ath" remote="github"
groups="pdk"/>
}

This supplies drivers for tab specific hardware - camera -video -sound etc...
{
<project name="android_hardware_samsung" revision="android-4.4" path="hardware/samsung" remote="omnirom"/>
}

This supplies modem info...
{
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode"/></manifest>
}

do I have this correct?? YES/NO

If so, then I should now be able to sync with all three of these roms and build a nightly?? YES/NO
If I venture into a different 4.4 rom then it looks like the following line would be the real change (suited to their repository)
<project name="android_hardware_samsung" revision="android-4.4" path="hardware/samsung" remote="omnirom"/> ?YES/NO

Thanks -

19th July 2014, 04:23 AM |#22  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.col.johncross

So this part is to utilize bluetooth on our tabs...
{
<remote fetch="https://code.google.com/p/" name="gcode"/>
<remote fetch="git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/" name="korg"/>
<remove-project name="android_external_bluetooth_bluedroid"/>
<project name="bluez" revision="master" group="pdk" path="external/bluetooth/bluez" remote="korg"/>
<project name="sbc" revision="master" group="pdk" path="external/bluetooth/sbc" remote="korg"/>
<project name="aosp-bluez.glib" revision="master" group="pdk" path="external/bluetooth/glib" remote="gcode"/>
<project name="aosp-bluez.device-lge-mako" revision="kitkat" group="device,mako" path="device/lge/mako" remote="gcode"/>
}

This fixes our wireless...
{
<remove-project name="android_external_wpa_supplicant_8"/>
<project name="danielhk/android_external_wpa_supplicant_8_ath" revision="cm-11.0" path="external/wpa_supplicant_8_ath" remote="github"
groups="pdk"/>
}

This supplies drivers for tab specific hardware - camera -video -sound etc...
{
<project name="android_hardware_samsung" revision="android-4.4" path="hardware/samsung" remote="omnirom"/>
}

This supplies modem info...
{
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode"/></manifest>
}

do I have this correct?? YES/NO

If so, then I should now be able to sync with all three of these roms and build a nightly?? YES/NO
If I venture into a different 4.4 rom then it looks like the following line would be the real change (suited to their repository)
<project name="android_hardware_samsung" revision="android-4.4" path="hardware/samsung" remote="omnirom"/> ?YES/NO

Thanks -

Almost, but service mode is unique to Samsung phones. i815 might have different app but I can't find it yet.

wpa update is mainly for hotspot. hardware legacy also need modification for hotspot to work.

Good luck!
20th July 2014, 07:09 AM |#23  

More
help
typed in lunch command and got this
Lunch menu... pick a combo:
1. aosp_arm-eng 33. slim_jflte-userdebug
2. aosp_x86-eng 34. slim_ls980-userdebug
3. aosp_mips-eng 35. slim_m7-userdebug
4. vbox_x86-eng 36. slim_m7spr-userdebug
5. mini_x86-userdebug 37. slim_m7vzw-userdebug
6. mini_armv7a_neon-userdebug 38. slim_m8-userdebug
7. mini_mips-userdebug 39. slim_maguro-userdebug
8. slim_bacon-userdebug 40. slim_mako-userdebug
9. slim_crespo-userdebug 41. slim_manta-userdebug
10. slim_d2lte-userdebug 42. slim_moto_msm8960-userdebug
11. slim_d800-userdebug 43. slim_moto_msm8960dt-userdebug
12. slim_d801-userdebug 44. slim_n5100-userdebug
13. slim_d802-userdebug 45. slim_n5110-userdebug
14. slim_d803-userdebug 46. slim_n5120-userdebug
15. slim_deb-userdebug 47. slim_n7000-userdebug
16. slim_endeavoru-userdebug 48. slim_n7100-userdebug
17. slim_falcon-userdebug 49. slim_p3100-userdebug
18. slim_flo-userdebug 50. slim_p3110-userdebug
19. slim_galaxysmtd-userdebug 51. slim_p5100-userdebug
20. slim_gkatt-userdebug 52. slim_p5110-userdebug
21. slim_geeb-userdebug 53. slim_p700-userdebug
22. slim_geefhd_att_us-userdebug 54. slim_pyramid-userdebug
23. slim_grouper-userdebug 55. slim_skyrocket-userdebug
24. slim_hammerhead-userdebug 56. slim_t0lte-userdebug
25. slim_hlte-userdebug 57. slim_t0lteatt-userdebug
26. slim_honami-userdebug 58. slim_t0ltetmo-userdebug
27. slim_i777-userdebug 59. slim_tilapia-userdebug
28. slim_i9100-userdebug 60. slim_toro-userdebug
29. slim_i9100g-userdebug 61. slim_toroplus-userdebug
30. slim_i925-userdebug 62. slim_v500-userdebug
31. slim_i9300-userdebug 63. slim_vs980-userdebug
32. slim_i9500-userdebug

first guess local manifest did not sync??
Is our tab listed above and i am not seeing it??
20th July 2014, 11:12 AM |#24  
Flag oslo
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:

typed in lunch command and got this
Lunch menu... pick a combo:

add to vendor/../vendorsetup.sh
add_lunch_combo slim_p6800-userdebug
14th August 2014, 11:19 PM |#25  

More
how does recovery mode get enacted?
You press the power button for standard mode and the boot.IMG gets called.
You press power button and volume up together for recovery mode and the recovery.IMG gets called.
You press power button and vol down together for download mode. Uu hhhhh what gets called????
15th August 2014, 01:06 PM |#26  
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You press the power button for standard mode and the boot.IMG gets called.
You press power button and volume up together for recovery mode and the recovery.IMG gets called.
You press power button and vol down together for download mode. Uu hhhhh what gets called????

download mode is similar to fastboot in the Nexus series. This is the built-in program (boot loader) of the CPU.
Each single chip micro processor has internal ROM which holds the startup program at power on. Most of them can only be accessed via JATG (Joint Test Action Group, IEEE 1149.1). There are contact points and/or socket in the PCB for JATG connection.
12th September 2014, 07:30 AM |#27  
Flag oslo
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Question ori to portrait (cm10)
Hey,
I´m trying to correct the default orientation on cm10 to portrait (recovery, boot, lockscreen) and the JB kernel source already have those of ICS rotations in mach-px.c - just wonder if I should continue flip the switches around in the mach-px until I find portrait, or is there yet another place this needs to be adjusted? Daniel you mentioned a fix in platform?
Would it help to backport this logic
12th September 2014, 10:47 AM |#28  
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biopsin

Hey,
I´m trying to correct the default orientation on cm10 to portrait (recovery, boot, lockscreen) and the JB kernel source already have those of ICS rotations in mach-px.c - just wonder if I should continue flip the switches around in the mach-px until I find portrait, or is there yet another place this needs to be adjusted? Daniel you mentioned a fix in platform?
Would it help to backport this logic

The default orientation is landscape since HC. The LCD parameters are the same in HC, ICS and JB kernel.
Later, I changed the telephony service default orientation to fix the phone call orientation.
The only affected is the boot animation so it is not require to change the kernel now.
13th September 2014, 11:58 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Hi Daniel,

Following this guide and using your device trees, how hard it will be to build a non customized, AOSP rom for our tablets? Do we have all needed drivers, or there will be more work involved to get it fully working?

I'd like to have a multilanguage kitkat rom as close to 'google stock' as possible, but I have only basic programming skills and never built a full android rom before. Do you think it's doable by a noob like me?

Or maybe you could do it, if it's not too much work. I think many people would be also interested...
14th September 2014, 07:43 AM |#30  
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcervi

Hi Daniel,

Following this guide and using your device trees, how hard it will be to build a non customized, AOSP rom for our tablets? Do we have all needed drivers, or there will be more work involved to get it fully working?

I'd like to have a multilanguage kitkat rom as close to 'google stock' as possible, but I have only basic programming skills and never built a full android rom before. Do you think it's doable by a noob like me?

Or maybe you could do it, if it's not too much work. I think many people would be also interested...

It is not difficult to build a rom but AOSP is for Nexus devices.
For our tab, there are quite a lot of work to prepare.
eg. AOSP doesn't support things like custom mkbootimg, and some Samsung specific flags. You have to modify the build/core/Makefile.
Add the breakfast/lunch entry and fix the errors during build.
Other roms might already included all or some modifications.

For every rom to work on our tab, we have to modify
1. framework_native to correct the color space.
2. framework_base for rotation glitches and lock screen orientation, etc.
3. Telephony service for call screen orientation.
4. and a few hardware related things.

AOSP don't have the custom features like Quick settings' modification, advance boot menu, Power menu items(no screen capture), etc.

For myself, I don't think I can adapt after spoiling by the custom features. I don't think anyone flashing custom roms would too.

I have tried building AOSP l-preview for a few days. I just tested it for a few minutes after It's out. It is not suitable for me without modifications.

PA is something like that now. I have upload a patch but their reply was "Nexus devices don't need it". I have to drop it after tried for a few times...

You might think closer to AOSP would be more stable. I think so too but there are necessary modifications and blobs required to make our tab work. Since Samsung won't deliver any update for our tab anymore. With the existing outdated blobs, we can't expect much....

I hope that answer your question.
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
14th September 2014, 08:43 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Ok, so out of my scoop, for the moment. I'll try to find a rom with smooth screen scrolling trying the ones you've already built, then.

Thanks and kind regards!!!

David.
The Following User Says Thank You to dcervi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dcervi Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
build guide, galaxytab 7.7, galaxytab plus, tutorial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)