FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 GPU

[ROM][4.4.4r2]p6800/p6810/i815(12Dec2014)CarbonROM Kitkat Unofficial

1,633 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,355
 
By daniel_hk, Recognized Contributor on 19th April 2014, 12:16 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
4th July 2014, 12:58 AM |#21  
Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.col.johncross

Change out to this GAPPS

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358554547

Works great, thank you!
I suggest you correct your earlier post for others.
 
 
4th July 2014, 01:47 AM |#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
already done - glad to help

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

So, you can use exfat (have not tried myself yet) - themes - real custom control with the navigation bar, status bar - has not done anything weird yet!! (Only Two days)

Is this rom missing anything????

I think all of our custom roms have the following feature/bug - could be wrong

- If the tab is off and you connect it up to charge it will turn on by itself
OR
- your tab is connected and charging and you power off the tab it will restart

Any work around known for the above feature/bug???

Glad to get this update for our tab - Thanks BIG D. Like that BIG D BIG DEEEEE - LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to Lt.col.johncross For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lt.col.johncross Ad-Free
4th July 2014, 02:05 AM |#23  
daniel_hk's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 5,355
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.col.johncross

already done - glad to help

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

So, you can use exfat (have not tried myself yet) - themes - real custom control with the navigation bar, status bar - has not done anything weird yet!! (Only Two days)

Is this rom missing anything????

I think all of our custom roms have the following feature/bug - could be wrong

- If the tab is off and you connect it up to charge it will turn on by itself
OR
- your tab is connected and charging and you power off the tab it will restart

Any work around known for the above feature/bug???

Glad to get this update for our tab - Thanks BIG D. Like that BIG D BIG DEEEEE - LOL

Yeah, the tab will reboot after 5 min. when charging at power off.
This is the behaviour of Samsung's new (jb 4.1.2) kernel.

If you use my recovery (CWM or TWRP), there is a work around.
eg. for TWRP
1. Reboot to the recovery.
2. Select "Reboot to recovery" again in the reboot menu.
3. After reboot, select "Power off" in reboot menu.
4. Now it won't reboot when charger or usb is connected.

The theory is to use my recovery's kernel in LPM. In my recoveries, I use the old power driver which won't reboot. Sadly, the old driver won't work for JB onwards.
See my development tread for details.

Good luck.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
5th July 2014, 08:09 AM |#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Observations on Tab P6800 with TWRP 2.7.0.0 with CM 11.0 26.06.2014:
All four wipes done. Clear Install.



This is first frirmware of Daniel`s ROM series (CM, Omni, Paranoid, KitKat, that doesn`t have reboot issue - it can be done via Power Menu without problem.

Smooth, fast, energy effective ROM

Thank you, Master, for keeping our TABs alive!

There is new feature - TAB switch on|off screen when you open|close your book type case. Nice.
5th July 2014, 09:09 PM |#25  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Talking great rom
Smooth and fast. energy effective rom thank you man. for keeping our tab alive
6th July 2014, 12:40 AM |#26  
xaadilhx's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
I'm in agreement, I like the lightness, speed and stability. When you turn features like active display it slows up at screen unlock and a few reboots but certainly not getting stuck at start up and.

Rotation doesn't obey but setting auto rotate to 90 & 270 ° does the job. I couldn't find the quick setting editing, right drop down, is it missing?

Battery is great so far and no battery drain. Fingers crossed, might be the best ROM for or tab.
6th July 2014, 03:16 AM |#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Rotation
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaadilhx

I'm in agreement, I like the lightness, speed and stability. When you turn features like active display it slows up at screen unlock and a few reboots but certainly not getting stuck at start up and.

Rotation doesn't obey but setting auto rotate to 90 & 270 ° does the job. I couldn't find the quick setting editing, right drop down, is it missing?

Battery is great so far and no battery drain. Fingers crossed, might be the best ROM for or tab.

what do you mean by rotation does not obey??
6th July 2014, 02:36 PM |#28  
xaadilhx's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Oh, when auto rotate is set active, it turns accurately but when set to off, it always goes to landscape which means of you don't like landscape rotation its annoying. To make it work, I've set only 90° and 270° so when auto rotate is on, it remains in portrait and when off, it turns to landscape. So it's not working perfectly.

I've otherwise had almost 20 hours since recharging with normal use including standby overnight and still at 30% so I'm pleased the battery isn't being drained by other tasks.
The Following User Says Thank You to xaadilhx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xaadilhx Ad-Free
10th July 2014, 04:45 AM |#29  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Thumbs up
Exfat compatible.

This ROM WORKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10th July 2014, 08:58 AM |#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 480
 
More
Does anyone know if the Cast screen option under settings - > Display works with the new screen casting feature chromecast is receiving? I know our device is not on the supported device list, but i think we might be missing hardware for this to work as well. If it does work, it would negate the need for the hdmi adaper, not that i use it that often, but the only major feature really missing from these custom roms. Anyone got a chromecast that they can test? Google play services 5 has supposedly enabled the screen casting, but it may have a device restriction list
10th July 2014, 02:06 PM |#31  
xaadilhx's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3dboard

Does anyone know if the Cast screen option under settings - > Display works with the new screen casting feature chromecast is receiving? I know our device is not on the supported device list, but i think we might be missing hardware for this to work as well. If it does work, it would negate the need for the hdmi adaper, not that i use it that often, but the only major feature really missing from these custom roms. Anyone got a chromecast that they can test? Google play services 5 has supposedly enabled the screen casting, but it may have a device restriction list

When I go into cast screen settings I don't see my tv, so I didn't bother with it.

I don't use chromecast but initially I used my tab with stock gallery, video apps etc to stream via DLNA over my router to smart tv. With custom roms it isn't nicely integrated like samsung apps but instead I've been using apps like BubbleUPnP (Chromecast/DLNA)

With that app I can stream photos/video/ other media to the tv quite easily.

Perhaps it can help?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.4, carbon, galaxytab 7.7, kitkat
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes