FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,597 Vote(s)
63.96%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.62%
I don't know.

485 Vote(s)
19.42%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930

Post Reply Email Thread
7th June 2019, 05:38 PM |#43561  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Did you install the version that was ported for Exynos or the version for Snapdragon?

Your device has an Exynos processor so the version ported for Snapdragon won't work on your device, if that is what you installed.

Read the thread linked below for installing the Exynos port, if you have any questions about the process or need help troubleshooting issues, ask your questions there, I'm pretty sure the members there can help.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...xynos-t3918325

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Um that's not good. How can you tell? I'm in the US and ordered online through sprint, did they send me a exynos version? It was my understanding that the US all got snapdragons. Oh, and yes the version was for the snapdragon variant. Here's the link.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.xda...mera-port/amp/

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7th June 2019, 05:54 PM |#43562  
Quote:
Originally Posted by S10Ben

Um that's not good. How can you tell? I'm in the US and ordered online through sprint, did they send me a exynos version? It was my understanding that the US all got snapdragons. And I guess maybe I downloaded a exynos version if I have the snapdragon.

I looked up the specs on your specific model number, the specs show that the SM-G975U is a Exynos device, that is why I said that you have a Exynos device and needed to use the version ported for Exynos.

Your specific model number, your android version, kernel version and your build number are ALWAYS the keys to figuring out what can and can't be done and how. In this case, your model number says to use the Exynos version.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Quote:

Um that's not good. How can you tell? I'm in the US and ordered online through sprint, did they send me a exynos version? It was my understanding that the US all got snapdragons. Oh, and yes the version was for the snapdragon variant. Here's the link.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.xda...mera-port/amp/

Well, you may be right, the Sprint version is showing a Snapdragon processor. Try installing the Aida64 app, it will tell you everything about your hardware.

Wnen you verify your version, just do a search for:

"Install gcam SM-G975U snapdragon XDA"

That should find the version that has been ported for your device here at XDA.

The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
7th June 2019, 06:00 PM |#43563  

More
Quote:

I looked up the specs on your specific model number, the specs show that the SM-G975U is a Exynos device, that is why I said that you have a Exynos device and needed to use the version ported for Exynos.

Your specific model number, your android version, kernel version and your build number are ALWAYS the keys to figuring out what can and can't be done and how. In this case, your model number says to use the Exynos version.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Well, you may be right, the Sprint version is showing a Snapdragon processor. Try installing the Aida64 app, it will tell you everything about your hardware.

Wnen you verify your version, just do a search for:

"Install gcam SM-G975U XDA"

That should find the version that has been ported for your device here at XDA.

Oh thank God, I know it's not the biggest difference but the snapdragon is better then the exynos, and aida64 tells me I have a snapdragon version so does that mean I'm all good and don't have the global exynos? But I'll look up a gcam for my model, thanks man.

7th June 2019, 06:03 PM |#43564  
Quote:

Oh thank God, I know it's not the biggest difference but the snapdragon is better then the exynos, and aida64 tells me I have a snapdragon version so does that mean I'm all good and don't have the global exynos? But I'll look up a gcam for my model, thanks man.

The snapdragon version seems to be what you need, I edited the suggested search terms above, maybe it will help narrow it down for you.

7th June 2019, 06:12 PM |#43565  
Thanks Meter: 1,289

More
Quote:

The file exists whether or not you yourself have blacklisted anything. It is a default file even if nothing is added to it by the user.

I do realise that it's there by default, but I'm curious what it actually blacklists. I guess this must be documented somewhere. I'm not overly concerned about it - just intrigued.
7th June 2019, 06:32 PM |#43566  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguinesaintly

I do realise that it's there by default, but I'm curious what it actually blacklists. I guess this must be documented somewhere. I'm not overly concerned about it - just intrigued.

What is in the file, research its contents, that might answer your question.

8th June 2019, 07:38 AM |#43567  
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 24

More
@Droidriven I wanna grow up to be as smart as you! Just been reading over the past few posts and am surprised at your willingness to help out. Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cookster128 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cookster128 Ad-Free
8th June 2019, 07:50 AM |#43568  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookster128

@Droidriven I wanna grow up to be as smart as you! Just been reading over the past few posts and am surprised at your willingness to help out. Thanks!

Nah, I've just picked up a few things by reading and helping along the way. Helping others is the the hammer that has forged my blade, the others that I've learned from are that by which my blade has been quenched and the others that I've helped are the stone by which my blade has been whet. It is the various things that I've encountered along the way that has broadened my scope because it always brings me into new things to learn about.

I'm not always right about things, I just make sure to avoid making suggestions that will harm a device if I'm not sure. That way, if I'm wrong then I'm just wrong and I've learned something from it, no harm, no foul.

Another thing is, I don't just try to help by providing answers and links. I try to help in a manner that teaches. A manner that teaches how to effectively search for what someone might be looking for. This not only helps answer their question or solve their issue in that instance, it also might teach them in a manner that they might not need help the next time they need to find an answer.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
8th June 2019, 12:44 PM |#43569  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
How to unroot i9505 rooted by CF Auto Root script? Su Occupied.
8th June 2019, 04:02 PM |#43570  

More
How can I use audio mods like viper4android to apply audio effects to sounds coming from a game app? I've searched and read and researched for weeks but it's some kind of national secret I guess. People tell me they can use the equalizer from V4A to tune their in-game sounds but it has never worked for me. It works on youtube and podcasts and music players and just about any other audio source but when it comes to games somehow all attempts to alter the audio are ignored/bypassed. I've tried ainur sauron, ainur narsil, many versions of viper4android, jamesDSP, Dolby ports, and the audio compatibility patch. None have worked on game sounds, but they have worked on the in-game voice communication, so I can make my friends sound like they are in an echo chamber but that's not very useful. Is there anything I can change in the audio_effects/audio_policy/audio_lib_configs that would make this work? I'm on a Samsung S8 g950u rooted with jrkruse EDL method and a near stock, deodexed nougat ROM with Supersu and safestrap as I have a locked bootloader so no magisk modules for me. Thank you to anybody who would have some insight on this.
8th June 2019, 04:39 PM |#43571  
Quote:
Originally Posted by painx

How to unroot i9505 rooted by CF Auto Root script? Su Occupied.

If you have SuperSU installed, open SuperSU and look in its app settings, you'll find an option to cleanup for unroot and uninstall, this option will remove root and remove the SuperSU app.

Or, you can flash your stock firmware via Odin and you will no longer be rooted.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)