HTC Dev Unlock Works on Verizon HTC One - UPDATE: No Longer Works

Search This thread

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Just letting everyone know that you can htc dev unlock your device. Just tested it on a person's device and it worked fine. Going to post a system image and boot.img to the development forum soon so look forward to that :p

Best news ever!!!

Once you get me a reocvery.img I will get you CWM and TWRP ported real quick

bloodiedwraith

Aug 22, 2008
New York
Just letting everyone know that you can htc dev unlock your device. Just tested it on a person's device and it worked fine. Going to post a system image and boot.img to the development forum soon so look forward to that :p

I can't believe they didn't lock that out! I was gonna wait for a Moto X Developer Edition if it didn't, but now this just makes me decision a little bit easier. I've had an HTC One as my work phone since it came out and I love it and I'll be getting a Moto X tomorrow but I don't know how long I'm keeping that job and this has been making my decision harder.

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
I do not see the Verizon One on the list at HTC Dev. Do you just choose 'other devices' on the drop down? Thinks for any help.

is the past is indicative of the future, unlock now while you can under "other devices"

both the inc4g and dna were able to utilize that to unlock for short periods of time after release, and both got locked out within 10 days-2 weeks

so for those that get the device, don't **** around...just unlock

crazyg0od33

Aug 10, 2010
urgh its like a race against time for me! I get home tomorrow and I'm picking it up around 6pm - I hope I can unlock immediately when I get home

bsbuggs

Mar 6, 2012
Chicago
Guys
Im not a dev, im coming from my rooted S3 and I always follow the directions you guys provide and have never had a n issue with my rooting and flashing.

Since i just bought the one should I follow the directions on youtube from and unlock or just sit tight until you guys put all this together....AND I do appreciate all that you guys do for us NON devs..
Joe

Indirect

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
Guys
Im not a dev, im coming from my rooted S3 and I always follow the directions you guys provide and have never had a n issue with my rooting and flashing.

Since i just bought the one should I follow the directions on youtube from and unlock or just sit tight until you guys put all this together....AND I do appreciate all that you guys do for us NON devs..
Joe

It is pulled together?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just want to let you guys know I might have found something.

I am PMing some other devs to get some help.
    I really feel for you all. Took a stance that maybe gets some notice.
    8vncUkG.png
    I really do not know how to say this but just say it...

I get that you're upset, but you have to realize that the amount of people who actually care about this stuff, the development community, is a TINY, TINY part of carriers customers. I mean look at XDA. It has 5 million users according to the front page... Well, Verizon alone has over 110 million customers.

We are just a teeny, tiny part of Verizon's customer base. Nothing is going to change, because the very large majority of cell phone owners don't care about unlocked boot loaders or s-off or ROMs or anything like that.