Use APKTool on Android!

Search This thread

emkeene

May 16, 2012
Mesa, AZ
I don't have my own computer, so I was poking around looking for a solution to work with apk files on my phone and found this:

http://code.google.com/p/apktool/

The apktool folder has to be in the root of your sd card. I was able to successfully decompile and recompile my framework-res.apk with no errors.

Instructions:
Download the archive apktool4.0_armhf.zip from http://code.google.com/p/apktool/downloads/list
Download the updated apk file Apktool4.0.apk as well
Extract/unzip archive to /sdcard/apktool
Install the updated Apktool4.0.apk
Open app from app drawer, and have fun using it! :)

So please try this out, and let me know what you think! :)

Last edited:

royal_rocker

Jul 22, 2013
Mumbai
Check the download section of the code website. there choose the best busybox file that suits you
download it. replace that from the apktool data folder.
I know this is off topic but....
I want to flash ur mod perfomances v2 whih u posted on sungsonic forum before 8t got hacked
do u still use it and if yes, on sshd v5?
pls tell me how to install on tab 2 and will it affect the sound audio video quality of sshd?

guy4jesuschrist

May 24, 2011
I don't have my own computer, so I was poking around looking for a solution to work with apk files on my phone and found this:

The apktool folder has to be in the root of your sd card. I was able to successfully decompile and recompile my framework-res.apk with no errors.

Instructions:
Download the archive apktool4.0_armhf.zip from http://code.google.com/p/apktool/downloads/list

Thanks so much for this! It was a big help, since I couldn't get apktool up and running on my Mac...plus, this seems much more convenient! :)

Reactions: marjune23

matthew0776

Dec 22, 2012
Chicago
I cant seem to get apks to recompile it says ok...But i dont see recompiled apk anywhere...? decompile seems ok. Are there any steps are procedures that i need to know. i have apk installed and running. Just cant recompile apks.

Here's what it says when it's done

/sdcard/Download/Contacts4.4/system/priv-app/Contacts_src/AndroidManifest.xml:166: error: Error: Resource is not public. (at 'enabled' with value '@android:bool/config_telephony_use_own_number_for_voicemail').
/sdcard/Download/Contacts4.4/system/priv-app/Contacts_src/AndroidManifest.xml:173: error: Error: Resource is not public. (at 'enabled' with value '@android:bool/config_telephony_use_own_number_for_voicemail').
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [/data/data/per.pqy.apktool/lix/aapt4.4, p, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19, --version-code, 19, --version-name, 4.4-893803, -F, /data/data/per.pqy.apktool/APKTOOL3688796583016004073.tmp, -I, ?/apktool/framework/1.apk, -S, /sdcard/Download/Contacts4.4/system/priv-app/Contacts_src/res, -M, /sdcard/Download/Contacts4.4/system/priv-app/Contacts_src/AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:434)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:362)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:285)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:258)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:233)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:88)
Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [/data/data/per.pqy.apktool/lix/aapt4.4, p, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19, --version-code, 19, --version-name, 4.4-893803, -F, /data/data/per.pqy.apktool/APKTOOL3688796583016004073.tmp, -I, ?/apktool/framework/1.apk, -S, /sdcard/Download/Contacts4.4/system/priv-app/Contacts_src/res, -M, /sdcard/Download/Contacts4.4/system/priv-app/Contacts_src/AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:481)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:415)
... 5 more
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [/data/data/per.pqy.apktool/lix/aapt4.4, p, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19, --version-code, 19, --version-name, 4.4-893803, -F, /data/data/per.pqy.apktool/APKTOOL3688796583016004073.tmp, -I, ?/apktool/framework/1.apk, -S, /sdcard/Download/Contacts4.4/system/priv-app/Contacts_src/res, -M, /sdcard/Download/Contacts4.4/system/priv-app/Contacts_src/AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:89)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:475)
... 6 more
I: Using Apktool 2.0.0-Beta7 on Contacts_src
I: Copying classes.dex file...
I: Building resources...

Last edited:

ummarrkhan

Instructions:

when I am trying to decompile it says
sh: Can't open /data/data/per.pqy.apktool/mydata/tool.sh

ElRongMcBong

Apr 27, 2013
Neuss
Yesterday i found this wonderful stuft and i can say: Its works perfekt on Samsung s4 (i9505)
Then i must make a fullwipe and install the app again.
But for now, i get only this Error:
/data/data/per.pqy.apktool/mydata/apktool2.sh: line6: /data/data/per.pqy.apktool/lix/jvm/java-7-openjdk-armhf/jre/bin/java: Permission denied
My Phone is rootet (SuperSu v1.89)
And i have Busybox (v1.21.1)
Wha t cai do, that Apktool for Android works again???
Please help :) !!!

ummarrkhan

Yesterday i found this wonderful stuft and i can say: Its works perfekt on Samsung s4 (i9505)
Then i must make a fullwipe and install the app again.
But for now, i get only this Error:
/data/data/per.pqy.apktool/mydata/apktool2.sh: line6: /data/data/per.pqy.apktool/lix/jvm/java-7-openjdk-armhf/jre/bin/java: Permission denied
My Phone is rootet (SuperSu v1.89)
And i have Busybox (v1.21.1)
Wha t cai do, that Apktool for Android works again???
Please help :) !!!

use 4.1 version
Im also using that working perfectly on my galaxy s

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Instructions:

Yeah I can't download it

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Either i can access it or I get patched version since it says "vip" on rebuild but it works. Idk can you post the apk u have

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Here you go dude. I can't believe there is such a powerful app. With all my respect to the apktool, but you really don't need it anymore. Well as always it's a matter of taste.
    Credits to the_dise for His mod, which my modded apk is based on.
    Editing the AndroidManifest.xml like a pro in less than a minute. :fingers-crossed:
    which is the latest version ???. thanks

I have seen the version 6.0.1 can be???

Enviado desde mi ZP951 mediante Tapatalk

The latest version is 5.2.0 as far as I know

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Hi again,
    Want to be able to build it myself, so I can fix and extend it. :)
    Do you know how one could contact the Dev?

Hey, the dev was pqy330.... But I can't see the mobile apktool repository in his github now, so maybe he left or handed over.... I'm not clear on the whole thing as many people exported the original source from Google code so it's kinda extremely hard to trace the real one from outside, I'm also not sure who built the latest versions, pqy330 or someone else as I don't looks to be able to trace anyone with v5.2.0.... Your best bet would be contacting pqy330 in github by commenting in one of his repositories..... And also a personal best of luck from me :)
    ABSOLUTELY DOPE. Now I can theme/dev while anywhere.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II