By vincom, Recognized Contributor on 15th July 2012, 05:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th July 2012, 07:59 PM |#11  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincom

• Hold down Volume Up and Volume Down keys. (NOTE: On rogers phones It's just Vol Down.)

TO ENTER INTO THE RECOVERY
  • Now turn off your phone, unplugged(might work plugged in)
  • Press and keep both volume keys down
  • Then press the power button while still holding down the volume keys
  • When you feel the phone vibrate or see a logo on the screen, release the power button but not the volume keys.
  • When screen goes black release the volume keys.
  • Wait a couple of seconds to boot
  • You will now see ClockworkMod TOUCH 5.5.0.4 recovery
THREAD FOR [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod TOUCH 5.5.0.4 v4.3

Just to verify again, entering into recovery for rogers phones is still only the up volume key? Just want to make sure because the two points I bolded seem contradictory so I want to be 100% sure before I do this myself
15th July 2012, 09:11 PM |#12  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag bolton, on
Thanks Meter: 4,143

Donate to Me
More
Recovery and download mode are 2 diffwrent things.
Recovery is the same for rogers and att phones
Download mode is different though between the 2 phones. Rogers phones you hold only the volume down button when plugging in the usb cable to get phone into download mode, then release the volume down key then press volume up key to see the download screen

Att phones you have to press both volume buttons down when plugging in usb cable to get into dl mode then release both volume keys, then press the volume up key to see dl mode screen

i edited the op to clarify that

Sent from my SGH-I727R using xda app-developers app
15th July 2012, 09:22 PM |#13  
Flag Youngstown Ohio
Thanks Meter: 77

Donate to Me
More
thank you. very easy to root the skyrocket because of your guide.
The Following User Says Thank You to droidbabyxda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droidbabyxda Ad-Free
15th July 2012, 11:07 PM |#14  
Flag Burbank
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Thank you for this thread. This is one of the most informative and useful guides to rooting a Skyrocket

I'm a longtime lurker and rarely have questions. I use search

I appreciate your time that you take in responding to questions in the various forums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to roqnla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roqnla Ad-Free
15th July 2012, 11:21 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
i dont plan on rooting, but this guide is awsome. i learned alot about what rooting is and custom recoveries. yes i am new to this stuff, and its nice to read something in these forums meant for users like me.

i also vote to sticky this thread, but where can i do that.
The Following User Says Thank You to tommygun198 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tommygun198 Ad-Free
16th July 2012, 12:00 AM |#16  
Flag bolton, on

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun198

i dont plan on rooting, but this guide is awsome. i learned alot about what rooting is and custom recoveries. yes i am new to this stuff, and its nice to read something in these forums meant for users like me.

ty, to learn more you should read the link thats in my sig. lots more info there
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vincom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vincom Ad-Free
16th July 2012, 12:16 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 578

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun198

You can't stickey it the mods have to lol... you say you don't plan on rooting but I would say why not? Have you weighed the advantages over disadvantages. The only disadvantage is loss of warranty but the advantages are way to many to list them all but a few are
1. Control over your device.
2. Apps like titanium backup that allow you to backup and restore apps without loss of data being able to remove or freeze those unwanted apps.
3. Root access to system files and folders.
And much much more. Also with cwm recovery you can make backups of your current rom you can restore later if something were to mess up on your phone.... just some friendly advice for you to consider and maybe even research on. If you decide to root and get stumped just pm me and I will help you....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
16th July 2012, 12:22 AM |#18  
Flag bolton, on

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garydv2002

I tried every one click option I could find just for the hell of it, superoneclick, doomlord, gingerbreak, and others and absolutely positivly without a doubt I can say they do not work... this is the only method I found to work on any ics firmware leaked or official

ty
just to confirm, you tried this on ics leaks and gb, i would like to add that to the op as a confirmation
im 99.99999% sure that this method would work on leaks and gb, just not enough to say confirmed, but i might have time tonite to test it on the leaks and gb and then be able to say it works 100%
16th July 2012, 12:30 AM |#19  
Flag bolton, on

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You can't stickey it the mods have to lol... you say you don't plan on rooting but I would say why not? Have you weighed the advantages over disadvantages. The only disadvantage is loss of warranty but the advantages are way to many to list them all but a few are
2. Apps like titanium backup that allow you to backup and restore apps without loss of data being able to remove or freeze those unwanted apps.
And much much more. Also with cwm recovery you can make backups of your current rom you can restore later if something were to mess up on your phone.... just some friendly advice for you to consider and maybe even research on. If you decide to root and get stumped just pm me and I will help you....

ive talked to him b4, hes a newb(in a nice way) and just trying to understand what all the terms mean, but hes coming along.
as for warranty, its easy to go back to stock and get the warranty repair, just as long his phone can get into dl mode, that info is all in my sticky linked in my sig, oh i see your on tapatalk, cant see my sig, well you can but have to do it the webview way.
heres the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1652398
16th July 2012, 12:38 AM |#20  
Flag Youngstown Ohio
Thanks Meter: 77

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincom

ty
just to confirm, you tried this on ics leaks and gb, i would like to add that to the op as a confirmation
im 99.99999% sure that this method would work on leaks and gb, just not enough to say confirmed, but i might have time tonite to test it on the leaks and gb and then be able to say it works 100%

i rooted mine, Stock ATT ICS. :) fyi.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Quote:

I agree... too many advantages over the warranty issue. for starters, freezing all the bloatware will make your battery last longer. NOT seeing them in the list of apps is awesome!! (yeah, i get irritated just scrolling thru a bunch of useless app. Titanium backup is a definite plus. Not to mention a slew of apps that are specifically for rooted device. ;)

I didn't bother to download/flash new ROM. The ICS from ATT works ok for me. If it is not broke.. I ain't changing it!
16th July 2012, 12:57 AM |#21  
Flag bolton, on

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidbabyxda

i rooted mine, Stock ATT ICS. :) fyi.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

I agree... too many advantages over the warranty issue. for starters, freezing all the bloatware will make your battery last longer. NOT seeing them in the list of apps is awesome!! (yeah, i get irritated just scrolling thru a bunch of useless app. Titanium backup is a definite plus. Not to mention a slew of apps that are specifically for rooted device. ;)

I didn't bother to download/flash new ROM. The ICS from ATT works ok for me. If it is not broke.. I ain't changing it!

which method or files did you use to get root, im guessing the one posted in the op since you're posting it here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vincom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vincom Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom recovery, i727 i727r lte howto how to newb, root, skyrocket

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)