FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

SDHC for Artemis WM6 CAB

215 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By gguyaz, Senior Member on 16th November 2007, 10:43 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
As many posts already speak about that. Here are the .cab that work (P3300, ARTEMIS, with WM6)
MOST IMPORTANT is to format your actual SD card and future SDHC card with fat32 ! (backup data before)
DONT NEED TO FORMAT IF YOUR CARD IS ALREADY FORMATED WITH THIS FILE FORMAT.
You can then use any fat32 card you want after SDHC upgrade.
WM5torage 1.78b is working fine but slow for me after SDHC upgrade. Tell us if it run for you too.

Artemis running WM5 could be flashed too, with Certification .cab (.xml inside). I will post a link as soon as possible.

ANSWER!! Yes WM5torage is very slow, as it is not working as usual. Don't know if the creator of this program gonna upgrade it for SDHC use. This software is not so important for the use of your SDHC Card, that was just to say that it could work (very slow) with new SDHC drivers.

[WARNING] There was some problems after this install. Tell me if you got problems using this .cab --> SDHC_Artemis_back2original.cab are the original OMAP850.dll, SDBus.dll, SDMemory.dll for Artemis, so you can load it at any time to go back to your original settings without SDHC support.

[WARNING] [COLOR="Red"] there is a problem if you plan to flash with SDHC card inserted on your device. With USB wire too. Remove your SDHC card before flashing or hard resetting your device.
Attached Files
File Type: cab SDHC-Artemis.cab - [Click for QR Code] (119.4 KB, 12246 views)
File Type: cab SDHC_Artemis_back2original.cab - [Click for QR Code] (115.6 KB, 4973 views)
File Type: cab WM5torage_178BETA2.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (79.1 KB, 3609 views)

16th November 2007, 10:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I m the first one to get it.
16th November 2007, 11:40 AM |#3  

More
I've got it
Thanks
Now waiting for the 6Gb
16th November 2007, 01:24 PM |#4  

More
SdHc
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguyaz

As many posts already speak about that. Here are the .cab that work (P3300, ARTEMIS, with WM6)
MOST IMPORTANT is to format your actual SD card and future SDHC card with fat32 ! (backup data before)
You can then use both of them after SDHC upgrade.
WM5torage 1.78b is working fine for me after SDHC upgrade. Tell us if it run for you too.

Hi,
anything for WM5?

thanks
16th November 2007, 03:06 PM |#5  
Flag Montreal ( and Lille France)
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Someone has tested? Please make a comment

quelqu'un l'a testé? merci de nous faire un commentaire
16th November 2007, 06:20 PM |#6  

More
Smile 6 Gb Sandisk Micro Sdhc, Htc P3300, Original Wm6
IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just bought the phone upgraded the ROM with original HTC WM6 ROM. Used the file as above. Pluged in my Micro SD and it works!!!!!!!

I had phoned HTC support for help as I bough the 6GB SDHC card when i bought the phone but couldnt get it to work, but was then told it doesnt support SDHC!

BUT IT DOES NOW!!!!
16th November 2007, 07:29 PM |#7  

More
finally 4GB working on my P3300 WM6 (original HTC rom)

hoooooowever, the transfer through wm5torage is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow!

sais 2h. for 1GB thats way off normal. wasn't that slow with my 2GB card (didn't try the 2GB card with new driver tho)

anyways, when i got everything on my new 4GB card, i am gonna do some benchmarks, try the card from the phone itself... and if it's just the USB transfer that is hella slow... i can take that.

btw, when i saw wm5torage 178beta so slow i tried 175. it works, but same slow speed
16th November 2007, 07:47 PM |#8  

More
Thats a slow speed indeed. I have been copying files to fill my 6gb card since 6.45 just after my last post above. Its is now 7.40 and i have copied 1.7 GB.

Thats 1.7 gb an hour. Not a fantastic speed.

Im connected to a USB 2.0 port on my PC using Active Sync 4.5, connected directly to my P3300 (no cradle).

I didnt run all the files above though. All i ran was the first file SDHC_Artemic.cab

I didnt run the WM5torage file. Should i have?

Regardless it is working fine so far with out.
16th November 2007, 07:54 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpb

I didnt run the WM5torage file. Should i have?

if you're used to transfer via active sync, you're perfectly fine.

wm5torage is just a program to convert your phone+sd card into some sort of "usb memory stick" so you can access your phones sd card on every computer without drivers.
16th November 2007, 08:28 PM |#10  
Flag Montreal ( and Lille France)
Thanks Meter: 4

More
merci bq
gguyaz

merci encore pour ce cab... ca reglera l'un des plus gros soucis de l'artemis
16th November 2007, 08:44 PM |#11  
Flag Swindon

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguyaz

You can then use both of them after SDHC upgrade.
WM5torage 1.78b is working fine for me after SDHC upgrade. Tell us if it run for you too.

This great thanks for the file.

One question - If my current SD card is already fat32 do I need to reformat it and then install the patch or can I just install the patch and upgrade the SD card to an SDHC card later?

Thanks

Rich
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread