[IncendiumMod] Boot2Gecko for Xperia SP

Search This thread

boylush

May 20, 2013
Singapore

IncendiumMod has moved! Come join us in the new thread! :)
http://xdaforums.com/xperia-sp/development/firefox-os-xsp-t2890904/​

XDA:DevDB Information
[IncendiumMod] Boot2Gecko for Xperia SP , ROM for the Sony Xperia SP

Contributors
boylush, feherneoh, Furrydaus, adfad666 TakuyaZ
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked BL
Based On: Firefox OS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 20140712-OTA-ffos-hu
Stable Release Date: 2014-07-12

Created 2014-09-03
Last Updated 2014-10-05

Last edited:

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
I don't know what to say.... i've never tried firefox os before and... it just looks so beautiful! thank you for getting this running on the xsp! if firefox os somehow ends up running android apps i'm sold

EDIT: is it safe to say that the camera doesn't work at all? or i get stuck on a black screen or the app launches but there is no picture! i thought oh it's bugged so it should work 1/10 times lol

Last edited:

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
Waiting for reviews.

small review:

UI: fast and responsive, problem: the ui images don't look to sharp they are low quality (is this a resolution issue or is it just firefox os?)

APPS: not many apps but apps like facebook, twitter, youtube do exist (youtube bug: can't change video to 720p, only 480p i think) even though the apps are just like web pages they work fine

Networking: WI-FI, 3g, bluetooth all work, LTE doesn't work but i don't have lte in my country (only on certain places)

Overall feel: the os is good and smooth and it has a lot of potential but it's not yet ready for consumers (i'm gonna use this os for about 2 days and then i'll decide if i wanna switch back) but if the os ends up being able to run android apps i'm definitely sold!

BUGS: camera and lte do not work but fm radio, video, audio, gps and most stuff actually works (good job devs) the camera is a little glitched right now (safe to say it doesn't work at all) it can crash you phone so i don't recommend using the camera app till a fix has been announced

I recommend people to give this a shot but not to use it as a daily driver (yet)

boylush

May 20, 2013
Singapore
small review:

UI: fast and responsive, problem: the ui images don't look to sharp they are low quality (is this a resolution issue or is it just firefox os?)

APPS: not many apps but apps like facebook, twitter, youtube do exist (youtube bug: can't change video to 720p, only 480p i think) even though the apps are just like web pages they work fine

Networking: WI-FI, 3g, bluetooth all work, LTE doesn't work but i don't have lte in my country (only on certain places)

Overall feel: the os is good and smooth and it has a lot of potential but it's not yet ready for consumers (i'm gonna use this os for about 2 days and then i'll decide if i wanna switch back) but if the os ends up being able to run android apps i'm definitely sold!

BUGS: camera and lte do not work but fm radio, video, audio, gps and most stuff actually works (good job devs) the camera is a little glitched right now (safe to say it doesn't work at all) it can crash you phone so i don't recommend using the camera app till a fix has been announced

I recommend people to give this a shot but not to use it as a daily driver (yet)

Yes the apps are supposed to be web-apps , about the Camera & LTE yes , i've indicated under bugs that it is currently not working :)

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
Great to see another Singaporean here on XDA! :D

Anyways, don't you think this should be in the Android Development Section? :p

Here's what I think of this ROM (Or should I refer it to as an OS?)
  • Fast
  • Smooth
  • Quite Buggy at times
  • SINGTEL LTE DOESNT WORK RARRR :silly:
  • Overall great experience

Very Early to say if this will work out and it sadly isn't ok to use as a day-to-day type of OS so I decided to revert back to my own rom. BUT if the more game breaking bugs such as random lags and the weird battery drains, it should deserve to be in my favourite ROMs. Hope to be able to see this ROM bug-free and such. Do consult devs here because some of them may just be smart enough to be able to help with this development. See you around this little red dot!

Regards,
Furrydaus

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
so many downloads and no one is seeding torrent..
I would like to try this webOS experience.

Use the mirror ;)

Sent from my Xperia SP using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Can we expect to dual boot in our phone?

You can expect multirom this year ;)

Sent from my Xperia SP using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: noahvt

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
There is one annoying bug that's steering me away from it: headphones are not being detected so all sound goes through the speakers even when headphones are plugged in

Sent from my Xperia SP using XDA Free mobile app

G

GuestK00163

There is one annoying bug that's steering me away from it: headphones are not being detected so all sound goes through the speakers even when headphones are plugged in

Maybe a way to manualy switch bewteen headphones and speakers could be added :confused:

G

GuestK00163

Whoops, didn't see I could answer to that one:

this is a firefox os problem, all icons are 60px per 60, the only way to get sharp graphics would be to increase the number of icons per rows

le grande magnetto

Jan 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A71
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Here are some screens.

2014_09_12_17_34_08.png

2014_09_12_17_41_52.png

2014_09_12_17_39_36.png

2014_09_12_17_42_03.png

2014_09_12_17_42_07.png

20mb image hosting

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

IncendiumMod has moved! Come join us in the new thread! :)
    http://xdaforums.com/xperia-sp/development/firefox-os-xsp-t2890904/​

XDA:DevDB Information
    [IncendiumMod] Boot2Gecko for Xperia SP , ROM for the Sony Xperia SP

Contributors
    boylush, feherneoh, Furrydaus, adfad666 TakuyaZ
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked BL
    Based On: Firefox OS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 20140712-OTA-ffos-hu
    Stable Release Date: 2014-07-12

Created 2014-09-03
    Last Updated 2014-10-05
    Waiting for reviews.

small review:

Great to see another Singaporean here on XDA! :D

Anyways, don't you think this should be in the Android Development Section? :p

Here's what I think of this ROM (Or should I refer it to as an OS?)
    • Fast
    • Smooth
    • Quite Buggy at times
    • SINGTEL LTE DOESNT WORK RARRR :silly:
    • Overall great experience

Very Early to say if this will work out and it sadly isn't ok to use as a day-to-day type of OS so I decided to revert back to my own rom. BUT if the more game breaking bugs such as random lags and the weird battery drains, it should deserve to be in my favourite ROMs. Hope to be able to see this ROM bug-free and such. Do consult devs here because some of them may just be smart enough to be able to help with this development. See you around this little red dot!

Regards,
    Furrydaus

Sent from my Xperia SP using XDA Free mobile app