[app] ffmpeg0.6

Search This thread

windowsrtc

Nov 21, 2012
compile from https://code.google.com/p/ffmpeg-msvc/
update:replace the sdl renderer wirh D3D renderer.Its faster now.

View attachment ffmpeg_arm0.6.zip

View attachment ffplayD3D.zip

update:FFMPEG2.1
MinGW:configure --enable-avresample --enable-postproc --enable-gpl --enable-shared --disable-static --toolchain=msvc --disable-yasm --disable-network --disable-doc --extra-cflags="-D_M_ARMM" --enable-cross-compile --target-os=win32 --arch=win32 --extra-ldflags="-MACHINE:ARM" --disable-dxva2
View attachment ffmpeg2.1_ARM.zip

Last edited:

hisoft

Feb 17, 2009
This was my best news. At lease I can use this before VLC metro were release.

Last edited:

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Nice work. The site claims it's missing the decoders, though; what formats does it support? Does it just use the Windows built-in ones?

hisoft

Feb 17, 2009
It can open the most of video, at least. But most of them, usually the one that build in video app can't play, it very slow and the video so lag then video and audio doesn't sync.

windowsrtc

Nov 21, 2012
Nice work. The site claims it's missing the decoders, though; what formats does it support? Does it just use the Windows built-in ones?

It uses native decoders.I have tried rmvb,wmv,x264,mpeg2,vob.FFplay uses sdl1.2 and its very slow on Windows RT so I am looking for a third part player based on ffmpeg which support D3D or DDRAW renderer.

Reactions: BIade

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Short version? Because I haven't added it yet.
Long version? Because I wasn't sure that it would actually be usable, due to either lacking codecs or having them run very slowly, and I haven't had a chance to test it yet. You may notice that the list tends to get updated a bit sporadically; I try to get to it a couple times a week but sometimes life gets in the way.

Reactions: Prerna

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
If we could use MinGW for RT, we could port a *lot* more apps. I don't know how to adapt those instructions for targeting RT even if the whole thing does compile under MSVC, though it may be possible. Worth a look, at least. It's worth remembering that VLC is / has done a lot of work targeting MinGW-gcc for WinRT including ARM; hopefully it can be targeted for desktop RT pretty easily too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prerna

southbird

Feb 12, 2010
If we could use MinGW for RT, we could port a *lot* more apps. I don't know how to adapt those instructions for targeting RT even if the whole thing does compile under MSVC, though it may be possible. Worth a look, at least. It's worth remembering that VLC is / has done a lot of work targeting MinGW-gcc for WinRT including ARM; hopefully it can be targeted for desktop RT pretty easily too.

I imagine Windows binary formats are generally the same no matter what the context. So it will probably work. Wish they'd release even a WIP version of the compiler just so we could play with it!

im sorry for this noob question but sir, could you please wrote a detailed instruction how to install this? im running win8 enterprise. :D

You're in the wrong world... this is Windows RT, not 8.

BIade

Apr 11, 2013
Cologne
dude, you rock!

OMG, this is soo awesome dude!!! Just got my new RT and was sad about the fact that there is no proper mkv-player (at least not free)
Your work is brilliant, and I hope you get some time to make it even cooler :)

the Video playback is FLAWLESS, and i dont mind to do the mouseclick inside the Video for Forward and rewind, but is there a possibility to get real full-screen? (i just maximized the window)

EDIT: nvm I got it: its " f "

Greatfully
Blade

Last edited:

BIade

Apr 11, 2013
Cologne
Why are "PowerDVD" and "mobild.HD media Player" able to play "10GB+""1080p"-mkv-files flawlessly? Do they bring their own Codec?
720p files runs fine with ffmpeg0.6arm+D3D-mod, but the 1080p-mkv files are playing very very slow, even with Parameters "-fast" and/or "-framedrop"...

Thank you so much

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
Why are "PowerDVD" and "mobild.HD media Player" able to play "10GB+""1080p"-mkv-files flawlessly? Do they bring their own Codec?
720p files runs fine with ffmpeg0.6arm+D3D-mod, but the 1080p-mkv files are playing very very slow, even with Parameters "-fast" and/or "-framedrop"...

Thank you so much

PowerDVD do indeed use their own codecs, the developer are part of the group which write up the specs for DVD video and various video formats etc. They can write a ton of codecs, they are not open source.

Reactions: BIade

BIade

Apr 11, 2013
Cologne
PowerDVD do indeed use their own codecs, the developer are part of the group which write up the specs for DVD video and various video formats etc. They can write a ton of codecs, they are not open source.

Oh thank you so much for your answer!! I was wondering this the whole time, but didn't dare to ask till today. I assume the mobile.HD media Player do the same...
Thankfully
Blade

windowsrtc

Nov 21, 2012
MinGW:configure --enable-avresample --enable-postproc --enable-gpl --enable-shared --disable-static --toolchain=msvc --disable-yasm --disable-network --disable-doc --extra-cflags="-D_M_ARMM" --enable-cross-compile --target-os=win32 --arch=win32 --extra-ldflags="-MACHINE:ARM" --disable-dxva2

Reactions: BIade and hberntsen

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012

You have MinGW compiling for windows RT?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    compile from https://code.google.com/p/ffmpeg-msvc/

View attachment ffmpeg_arm0.6.zip

View attachment ffplayD3D.zip

View attachment ffmpeg2.1_ARM.zip

It uses native decoders.I have tried rmvb,wmv,x264,mpeg2,vob.FFplay uses sdl1.2 and its very slow on Windows RT so I am looking for a third part player based on ffmpeg which support D3D or DDRAW renderer.
    Short version? Because I haven't added it yet.
    Long version? Because I wasn't sure that it would actually be usable, due to either lacking codecs or having them run very slowly, and I haven't had a chance to test it yet. You may notice that the list tends to get updated a bit sporadically; I try to get to it a couple times a week but sometimes life gets in the way.