[NIGHTLY][2.3.7][UPDATED 17/01] CyanogenMod 7.2 for Huawei U8150 [UNNOFFICIAL]

Would you like the text at the top or bottom of the boot animation?

Votes: 105 40.9%
  • Bottom

Votes: 152 59.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

samwyze

Sep 15, 2008
So before flashing Ginerman with Rom Manager what program do I use to back up my original tmobile ROM so I am able to go back to stock if I need to? Also anyway to back up all app data so I just have to reinstall the apps and my data is there?

Reboot into recovery, choose backup and restore and do a backup, then you'll have a backup of your original.

Titanium backup is good for backing up your app data

samwyze

Sep 15, 2008
@devs

heres some layout xmls from phone.apk and contacts.apk that are corrected for 240x320 at 120dpi. They're just plain text so are readable, just to show what files need changing.

Like I said earlier I can't seem to get my apks to recompile but thought these might be of use to you guys.

Should I continue (do usb screen, clock.apk etc...) or am I just wasting our time? :eek:

Attachments

• xmls.zip
    8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

MajesticTouch

Nov 21, 2008
Zagreb
Barcode app

Hello!

After being disappointed with barcode apps not working becasue
of autofocus, I downloaded source from zxing and modified it.
Now the function responsible for autofocus is disabled and
everything works fine for now :D

Attachments

• CaptureActivity.apk
    366.4 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: nba1341

nba1341

Feb 13, 2011
San Bernardino, California
Out of curiosity since the kenya rom has multitouch enabled by default why can't it be used with gingerman to have multitouch and overclocking together?

Sent from my Ideos using XDA App

wachw

Feb 3, 2011
Nairobi
Out of curiosity since the kenya rom has multitouch enabled by default why can't it be used with gingerman to have multitouch and overclocking together?

Because huawei haven't released the updated kernel source with multitouch so we can't compile a working kernel with both.

ooburns

Jun 3, 2011
I'm also having wifi troubles with connecting to a WPA2 network using 5.1. I've found that if I "forget" the network, wait a bit, and then try to reconnect (re-entering my credentials), it usually fixes the problem and I can successfully connect. Once I'm connected, it works well. But, after disconnecting, I can't reconnect without forgetting and re-adding the network.

Are there any log files I could provide that would be helpful?

Great work on this ROM, by the way.

Edit: I tried posting this on the Sourceforge bug tracker, but it wouldn't let me post a comment for some reason.

Last edited:

samwyze

Sep 15, 2008
I'm also having wifi troubles with connecting to a WPA2 network using 5.1. I've found that if I "forget" the network, wait a bit, and then try to reconnect (re-entering my credentials), it usually fixes the problem and I can successfully connect. Once I'm connected, it works well. But, after disconnecting, I can't reconnect without forgetting and re-adding the network.

Are there any log files I could provide that would be helpful?

Great work on this ROM, by the way.

Edit: I tried posting this on the Sourceforge bug tracker, but it wouldn't let me post a comment for some reason.

I didn't experience that problem with my wpa2

ooburns

Jun 3, 2011
Hmm, interesting. I just tried it with my own WPA2 router, and I'm having no problems. My router is using WPA2 Personal, while the network I've been having trouble with is (I've been told) WPA2 Enterprise.

I don't know what the difference is between them, but that might be where the problem lies.

tankknat

Jan 2, 2011
Masterton, New Zealand
is anyone able to provide me with the baseband version while they have 5.1 installed? reason is (as i posted a page or two ago) i cnt seem to connect to the net without being connected via wifi. installed fusion 2 and other roms and the baseband version is there and seems to work just fine... any ideas>?

tilal6991

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Just a status update. I will be posting gingerman v6 in a few days time with many different bug fixes. However as always there are NO ETAs.

Thanks for the patience :)

Smtih

Dec 10, 2010
Melbourne
is anyone able to provide me with the baseband version while they have 5.1 installed? reason is (as i posted a page or two ago) i cnt seem to connect to the net without being connected via wifi. installed fusion 2 and other roms and the baseband version is there and seems to work just fine... any ideas>?

Problem is not the baseband but the fact cm 7.1 wont allow automatic set up of apns for data and mms. Search around and you should be able to find details for your provider. I posted an app which will set up mobile data for you a few pages back

Sent from my Huawei Ideos using XDA Premium App

Reactions: tankknat

Pheodax

May 13, 2011
Just a status update. I will be posting gingerman v6 in a few days time with many different bug fixes. However as always there are NO ETAs.

That's very good news! I'll be hitting F5 on your blog every minute from now on :p Looking forward to your next release!

Hello!

After being disappointed with barcode apps not working becasue
of autofocus, I downloaded source from zxing and modified it.
Now the function responsible for autofocus is disabled and
everything works fine for now :D
That's pretty neat. It works like a charm here! Thanks a lot.

Reactions: MajesticTouch

evilastharoth

May 6, 2011
Nice news! Can't wait to test it :) you sir deserve all my compliments and gratitude...

Sent from my FUSIONideos using XDA App

homen3

Jun 9, 2009
Brescia

Thanks for your work,
I recently got a new problem but i can't understand if it's only for me.
Sometimes, while i'm talking on phone, audio instantly go low and you have to get it up using volume keys.
Do you (all) have this problem too?

nba1341

Feb 13, 2011
San Bernardino, California
Thanks for your work,
I recently got a new problem but i can't understand if it's only for me.
Sometimes, while i'm talking on phone, audio instantly go low and you have to get it up using volume keys.
Do you (all) have this problem too?
I've also noticed this. While playing music too I had thought it was just the song file.

Sent from Gingerman 5.1 using XDA App.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread has been depreciated.

Please go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1456890 for the latest info and nightlies.

Accomplishments:
    -Overclocked Kernel by tilal6991
    -Stripped FROYO rom
    -Booting Gingerbread rom / AOSP & CYANOGEN

Dev Teams Rom V2 FROYO
    Newer base! ;)
    Please Update Git
    Ripped (So GAPPS package will be an option)

Change Log
    *ROOT
    *Rom Manager, File Manager, ADW launcher
    *Newer base from march
    *Nexus bootscreen

Removed
    *GAPPS
    *Launcher2
    All the changelogs and known issues are now at our new blog here!!!!!!!
    December 5th nightly (CyanogenMod 7.2)

Here's a new nightly, up to date with latest upstream CyanogenMod sources as of December 5, 2011. Also, I'm testing new libs in this build and I'd appreciate feedback. n00bs need not apply.

What's new/fixed:
    • Mounting the SD card over USB
    • Overclocking
    • Barcode Scanner works (using tilal's fix, of course)
    • ROM Manager 4.8.0.6
    • Kernel Supports ext3/ext4 (should fix link2sd problems)
    • I bet nobody read this, and will ask a million times if it supports overclocking... :)
    What's not fixed:
    • Camera still takes 2 megapixel pictures. This appears to be the maximum the U8150 camera hardware supports, information about the U8150's camera sensor. I can't explain why the stock firmware takes 3mp pictures, but it appears they're upscaling them, not taking "true" 3mp.
    • Audio is still distorted when it is very loud.

How to flash*:
    1. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.7 (instructions). UltraJack won't work.
    2. Do a nandroid backup from ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Wipe data/factory reset
    4. Flash update from sdcard
    5. Full reboot!
    6. Flash Google Apps from ClockworkMod Recovery (optional)

Download ROM: update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-U8150-KANG-signed-dec5.zip (md5sum: 245615517569263c37364b0460425e6d)
    ClockworkMod Recovery: clockworkmod_5.0.2.7_u8150.img (md5sum: c59673d5aa926d94227857e51fbe9e2c)
    Google Apps: gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip (md5sum: 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f)

*failure to follow instructions has been shown to result in baldness in both men AND women. Flash at your own risk. It is your own responsibility to backup your applications, settings, phone numbers, etc.

Beta testers should look out (and provide feedback) for:
    • I switched to CyanogenMod's libril, liblights, libcopybit rather than using local versions in our device tree. The reasoning was that if the local ones work as well as the CM ones, there is no need to complicate our device tree just because "it works." CyanogenMod's maintainers maintain/update the CM hardware libs, so we'll let them do it.
    • Audio. I switched to psyke83's libaudio. We are already using a local libaudio override in our device tree, but right now we're using one from tas0s U8120 build. From speaking to psyke I learned that his code is newer, and contains fixes from the CodeAurora Forum. We had tried his code before but it didn't compile because of an error in the FM-related ifdef logic. We fixed the compile bug last night and the audio seems to work no less better than the U8120 audio.

Have fun!
    January 17, 2012 Nightly

Alon can you please post a newer build of cm 7 which incorporates light sensor.

Thank you

Yep, I tried to post one yesterday but XDA was down to show their disapproval of controversial Internet censorship legislation in the USA. I posted the download link on Twitter, so a few lucky people saw it. ;)

Here you go: update-cm-7.2-nightly-Jan17-u8150.zip (md5sum: 9a608be48402fd3d26c534fdb1597296)

It has the "working" auto brightness, a new kernel with a kernel panic fix, some touchscreen fixes, and dithering on by default (a bit nicer colors, especially grays).

Cheers!