[Stock-ROM][2.3.5][I897UCKI2]One-click Odin with Boog's KI1/KI2 Kernel No Bootloaders

Search This thread

4-2ndtwin

Dec 18, 2010
^
The H+ is just part of the leak by mistake we guess. U r still just getting the regular hsdpa download speeds and the i897 capped upload speeds (about 300kbps) thanks to at&t, but on a plus side we have the audience chip support with this i897 modem, i.e. Noise reduction on/off toggle.

So no worries... U are still on 3G.

Sent from i897ucki2

Last edited:

amchandr

Oct 19, 2009
^
The H+ is just part of the leak by mistake we guess. U r still just getting the regular hsdpa download speeds and the i897 capped upload speeds (about 300kbps) thanks to at&t, but on a plus side we have the audience chip support with this i897 modem, i.e. Noise reduction on/off toggle.

Sent from i897ucki2

Surprisingly Outlook Contact/Calendar Sync is working in my enterprise network. My company has MS IIS 6.0 version. Activesync was not happening on Eclair & Froyo versions. I was thinking to buy iPhone 4S as calendar sync functionality was not working out of the box.. Now I have decided not to buy an iPhone 4S...

IlluminatedOne

Feb 7, 2011
Blacksburg
Surprisingly Outlook Contact/Calendar Sync is working in my enterprise network. My company has MS IIS 6.0 version. Activesync was not happening on Eclair & Froyo versions. I was thinking to buy iPhone 4S as calendar sync functionality was not working out of the box.. Now I have decided not to buy an iPhone 4S...

Probably Samsung have changed it. Not sure. Never used it in enterprise network. Good to know that it is working for you now.

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

4-2ndtwin

Dec 18, 2010
Hey, just wanted to double check with you on something, because of some discussion in this thread.

You did include in this Mod the larger and smaller dbdata.rfs files and the smaller cache.rfs file and as well the param.lfs files ?? Thanks in advance.

TitaniumBarbell

Nov 20, 2007
Cayey
Hi to everyone!

Two questions:

Can I use the One Click Root Odin for Captivate to root the phone?

This ROM have TouchWiz 4.0?

Thanks!!!! ;)

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
This one exactly same as above but With AT&T GB Bootloaders. If you are not on AT&T GB Bootloaders, you can flash this version.

Download Link!

Anyone know why this fails to install?

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/005> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/005>
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Tried a couple more times and finally got it to fully flash, I got the green PASS after it was done flashing. Now my captivate is stuck in an infinite loop between the 3g and galaxyS splash screens.

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

Not sure if it's relevant, but on that first reboot after odin does its thing I get an icon of the green android guy and a box and I get a progress bar that only reaches about a 3rd before it reboots and get stuck in that infinite loop.

IlluminatedOne

Feb 7, 2011
Blacksburg
Try reflashing. Use different USB port/cable. On first boot you're suppose to see that Android guy with a progress bar.

For safer side you can try other package without bootloaders

Anyone know why this fails to install?

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/005> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/005>
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Tried a couple more times and finally got it to fully flash, I got the green PASS after it was done flashing. Now my captivate is stuck in an infinite loop between the 3g and galaxyS splash screens.

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

Not sure if it's relevant, but on that first reboot after odin does its thing I get an icon of the green android guy and a box and I get a progress bar that only reaches about a 3rd before it reboots and get stuck in that infinite loop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
Try reflashing. Use different USB port/cable. On first boot you're suppose to see that Android guy with a progress bar.

For safer side you can try other package without bootloaders

I have to unbrick my phone first lol, it's stuck at that screen with the PC and phone and it says firmware failed. I've tried every button combo and it won't go into download or recovery mode. I'm going to buy the stuff at radio shack to try the jig and see if that works.

If I tried the package without bootloaders I'm assuming I have to manually load the newer GB bootloaders on there right? I'll have to research that as I was looking to avoid doing that.

4-2ndtwin

Dec 18, 2010
I have to unbrick my phone first lol, it's stuck at that screen with the PC and phone and it says firmware failed. I've tried every button combo and it won't go into download or recovery mode. I'm going to buy the stuff at radio shack to try the jig and see if that works.

If I tried the package without bootloaders I'm assuming I have to manually load the newer GB bootloaders on there right? I'll have to research that as I was looking to avoid doing that.

That "firmware failed" screen can be used just the same as the download mode screen. Odin will recognize it.

And u must have gingerbread bootloaders to run gingerbread roms. No getting around it.

Sent from i897uckj2

Last edited:

IlluminatedOne

Feb 7, 2011
Blacksburg
As mentioned by 4-2ndtwin, you're phone us not bricked. That screen can be used as download mode.
Make sure you have proper drivers installed on your computer. You can try using another computer and/or USB cable.

Also, remove your phone's battery, put it back, press and hold both volume buttons and insert the USB cable while having other end plugged in to your computer and Odin running.

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
That "firmware failed" screen can be used just the same as the download mode screen. Odin will recognize it.

And u must have gingerbread bootloaders to run gingerbread roms. No getting around it.

Sent from i897uckj2

Thanks for the reply. Odin isn't seeing it at all. Also I thought the whole point of the 2nd firmware that was in the 2nd post had the bootloaders included?

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

As mentioned by 4-2ndtwin, you're phone us not bricked. That screen can be used as download mode.
Make sure you have proper drivers installed on your computer. You can try using another computer and/or USB cable.

Also, remove your phone's battery, put it back, press and hold both volume buttons and insert the USB cable while having other end plugged in to your computer and Odin running.

Thank you thank you, I tried a different PC and Odin was able to flash it back to stock. Interestingly enough the jig did not work, but that doesnt matter.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

This one exactly same as above but With AT&T GB Bootloaders. If you are not on AT&T GB Bootloaders, you can flash this version.

Download Link!

Just so I make sure I'm not misunderstanding, I can take a 2.1/2.2 captivate and simply flash it with this to get to gingerbread? Or am I missing a step such as changing the bootloaders?

IlluminatedOne

Feb 7, 2011
Blacksburg
Just so I make sure I'm not misunderstanding, I can take a 2.1/2.2 captivate and simply flash it with this to get to gingerbread? Or am I missing a step such as changing the bootloaders?

Glad that it worked for you. Yeah you can flash the package with bootloaders (one in second post) on top on Eclairs/Froyo and it will give you Gingerbread. No additional step is required.

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
Thanks for the reply. Odin isn't seeing it at all. Also I thought the whole point of the 2nd firmware that was in the 2nd post had the bootloaders included?

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Thank you thank you, I tried a different PC and Odin was able to flash it back to stock. Interestingly enough the jig did not work, but that doesnt matter.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

OK it works perfectly now, AWESOME!! It's sooooo much faster than 2.2. Thank you very much for putting this out, you rock.

snyder650

Sep 22, 2010
Soooo much better than Stock 2.2! Much thanks. I don't know about this H+ working or not work or what it's supposed to do vs not do, but I know for a fact videos stream MUCH faster.

On day three now and the battery life seems to be about the same as what I was getting. I charge every night, text throughout that day, receive about 40 calls a day (few answered), talk for 2-3 hours total throughout the day, and play games for 20-30 minutes. I'm generally well into the red by the end of the day.

The GPS, while better, is still a bit glitchy. It's good enough to get present position and route some directions, though, which is all I need. Never could get used to following turn-by-turns.

The still didn't fix the damn volume rocker back to the way it worked under 2.1 (would go from decrease volume to vibrate to silent)...

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
I'm having some issues with the email program, anyone else? I can register my account but it won't download anything, when I go to manually download the entire email app crashes. Reproducible, it does it every time.

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
I'm having some issues with the email program, anyone else? I can register my account but it won't download anything, when I go to manually download the entire email app crashes. Reproducible, it does it every time.

Interesting, I just noted today that I have no data connection, there are no 3g or H icons at all and I cannot connect to the internet, etc. I can make calls fine so far, but no data.

El Niche

Oct 6, 2011
Miami, FL
Interesting, I just noted today that I have no data connection, there are no 3g or H icons at all and I cannot connect to the internet, etc. I can make calls fine so far, but no data.

The same thing happened to me. Its just a little bug after flashing. I went to wireless and network settings, APN reset to default, make sure Data packet is checked and reboot. It worked for me. Dont worry, this just happens once after you flash.

BTW IlluminatedOne, Ive been using this for a while and couldnt be happier. Phone is so much faster and I have seen better battery life. I was always scared of rooting or messing wuith the phone (so this was my first time coming from a stock 2.2), but you cant beat a Oneclick Odin. I hope you can do this again with later builds (and maybe root ;) ) Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

I made one-click Odin package for myself, sharing with everyone here. I hope you guys will find it useful. :D It's a complete wipe and re-partition package.

It is Stock I897UCKI2 package with Boog's KI1/KI2 Kernel1 with CWM Recovery, no Bootloaders. You need to be on GB bootloaders to run this. This package can be used as Stock before flashing any i897 GB based ROM. If you are not running on AT&T GB bootloaders, please use the package listed in post#2.

Download Link 1 (Mediafire)
    Download Link 2 (Multiupload)
    Download it, extract it, run it as administrator.

DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS: (from 4-2ndtwin's thread)
    You must have the AT&T i897 Gingerbread Bootloaders. Gingerbread bootloaders are needed to run Gingerbread Roms. If you don't have them installed, you can use the package listed in second post.

-Download this Mod One Click Odin to your desktop.
    -Be sure you have the Captivate drivers installed on your computer.
    -Wipe data/factory reset. Wipe dalvik cache if you can.
    -Right click and Run as admistrator the Odin.
    -Remove your sim card and external sdcard from you phone.
    -Put your phone into download mode.
    -Connect micro usb end of cable to phone and usb end to the computer.
    -Wait for Odin to recognize your device. Yellow com port will light up.
    -Click the big Start Button.
    -Sit back and watch. This should only take between 2 or 3 minutes to complete.
    -When the process is finished and your phone begins to reboot and you see the at&t screen you may go ahead and unplug the micro usb from your phone.
    Credits & Thanks -
    Boog for his work on KI1/KI2 Kernel with CWM Recovery.
    Przekret for providing latest I897 leaks - I897UCKI2.
    4-2ndtwin for his support and help to me, making this One-click downloader. His One-click KH3 downloader inspired me to modify stock leak builds. :D
    Watsa for his support and great work on Apex and Pinnacle ROMs. :D

Disclaimer: as usual, I am not responsible, if you brick your phone. The above file is tested on my own device.

Download Link 1
    Link 1
    Hi, I tried the method one rooting. Everything works perfectly. Except the 3g.
    3g sign does not show up. I am unable to connect to 3g network.

Go to Settings/ Wireless and network/ Mobile networks/ Access point names/ menu, then choose "Reset to default". When the WAP and button show, tap the button, it will turn green and then u should be good.

Sent from i897ucki2
    Thanks for a one-click !!

Can you please inform when a rooted version will be up? Or is this going to be an urooted version?
    This ROM is not rooted, it is completely stock except Kernel.
    There are two ways you can root this ROM.
    1. Flash Fugu's Kernel. Phone will go in boot-loop. Remove battery, go in DL mode again. Flash Boog's Kernel.
    2. If you want Root as well as Zipaligned, Deodexed KI2, you can flash Emuneee's CWM flashable ROM on top of it. You will need this ROM if you want further modifications like extended power menu etc.
    ^

Sent from i897ucki2