Search This thread

Bawb3

Dec 1, 2010
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Last edited:

jiggaman508

May 6, 2010
Worcester, MA
Great writeup I wish there was something like this around back when I was a noob. I like how you explained what everything meant... Good job man...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

renf

Dec 27, 2010
Thanks for this. I've been debating whether or not I should root my Fascinate and this just may give me the confidence to give it a try!

eeshuz

Dec 16, 2010
Great job Bawb3. I wish there was also something like this for stock app preferred replacements/alternatives all grouped together. For example, Dolphin instead of the default browser, debinged browser, replacement SMS clients, and 'must-have' apps for post rooting. Something like that, maybe to go hand in hand with this guide, to get newbies started. I would do it myself but I'm still a newbie. Wishful thinking, but mainly I just wanted to say thanks!

Bawb3

Dec 1, 2010
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Great job Bawb3. I wish there was also something like this for stock app preferred replacements/alternatives all grouped together. For example, Dolphin instead of the default browser, debinged browser, replacement SMS clients, and 'must-have' apps for post rooting. Something like that, maybe to go hand in hand with this guide, to get newbies started. I would do it myself but I'm still a newbie. Wishful thinking, but mainly I just wanted to say thanks!

Maybe thats something I could put together in the future, for now I'm just trying to help the new people, and maybe reduce the clutter of simple question threads that this guide could help weed out.

P.s. thanks for all the compliments everyone!

losdonoso

Jan 5, 2011
Duluth
Thank you for this beginner's guide. I'm new to flashing and rooting but following your instructions and links, I now have a sweet android phone I can call my own.
Running JT super-clean and Stupid Fast overclocked with upgraded DJ05

Reactions: Bawb3

XSlevinn

Jan 8, 2011
Thank you SO much! I think this has been one of THE BEST guides I have seen thus far.. It explains pretty much EVERY in great common language. Now if only I can get past my current roadblock so I can actually continue through all of these steps :/ but when I do, I'm coming back to this thread for reference!

Thank you!

AdoptedDeV

Dec 16, 2010
Thank you.

One suggestion, maybe host the root file on your post or offer up a mirror link. Registering for another forum is no biggie, but I'd rather not since I'm more comfortable here on XDA.

Bawb3

Dec 1, 2010
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Thank you.

One suggestion, maybe host the root file on your post or offer up a mirror link. Registering for another forum is no biggie, but I'd rather not since I'm more comfortable here on XDA.

Good idea, I had forgotten that you had to register there. I'll get to it when I can, been slightly busy, thanks!

Sent from my Fascinate - DJ05/SuperClean/Adryn's 12/30

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone. I haven't been able to maintain this beginners' guide, but I highly recommend the following two threads:

Droidstyle's guide has anything and everything you need to get rooted:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1238070

User jawman27 has put together a glossary to help new users understand rooting terminology:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1513143

Enjoy.
    Will this work for the Samsung mesmerise from us cellular?

Sent from my SCH-I500
    Thank you for this beginner's guide. I'm new to flashing and rooting but following your instructions and links, I now have a sweet android phone I can call my own.
    Running JT super-clean and Stupid Fast overclocked with upgraded DJ05

Time to update this with adrynalyne's new skip-root Odin package for CWM.

Swyped from my Voodoo-powered Fascinate via XDA

I updated with a link to it.

I think the old method is still easier for people just starting out getting their phones rooted though.