[Q] Can't flash PAC-Man with twrp

Search This thread

davitof

Apr 12, 2009
Hello,

I installed twrp 2.6.0.0 and used it to root my 2X without any issue. But for the last 24 hours, I am trying to flash PAC-Man and I don't understand what is wrong with what I am doing. I want to install pac_p990-milestone.1.RC1.zip + gapps-jb-20121017-KonstaKANG.zip. I downloaded the PAC-Man zip from basketbuild. I even downloaded it twice and compared the 2 zips just to be sure. In order to install, I uncheck zip zignature verification (else twrp refuses to do anything). I wipe my caches as recommended. When I press Install, I can see messages among which I can clearly see twrp open the 2 zips seemingly without any issues. At the end, twrp tells me the operation succeeded. But when I reboot, I find myself in v20s (which is my previous ROM).

Does someone have an idea of what is going on?

New tests. I did the same with cyanogenmod, the installation succeeded. Previously I did not know if it was my phone, twrp or the PAC-Man zip file. So now I guess it is the PAC-Man zip.

Last edited:

davitof

Apr 12, 2009
I found the answer: the PAC-Man ROM was for the new bootloader, while my phone uses the old bootloader. Using converter allowed me to install it.

davitof

Apr 12, 2009
... and it did not work. I did get the PAC-Man boot animation, but it never went further. Yes, I know, first time can be very long, but no that long.

I am slowly learning. While trying to re-install a stock ROM, twrp was removed (I guess this is to be expected) so that I had to use again AIO Toolkit. That's when I discovered that it had an option to switch my device to new bootloader. This was the final solution: I was able to install PAC-Man without converting it, and of course it worked immediately.

I am not quite happy with PAC-Rom, though, it is laggy, and it still has the same CM bug I am trying to get rid of, but that is another story.