[KERNEL][Mini/MiniPro/LiveWithWalkman/Active] Rage Kernel v3.2 (ICS) and v3.0 (GB)

Search This thread
May 28, 2009
Bogor
i installed this kernel with stok ICS rom, and getting reboots everytime i try to connect to PC with usb cable...
does this kernel work with stock rom?

zhanjia

Jul 6, 2012
Penang
i extracted the zram zip and placed it in the etc/init folder but it says operation failed,its only a read only file , did i do wrong somewhr ? :(

EDIT : done , successfully moved

Sent from my WT19i using xda premium

Last edited:

kosmasgr

Thanks Sparksys :) the problem is that my xperia minι runs 2.3.4. android , 062 fw with product code 12W25. I think , upgrade to ICS is gonna late. Thats why i need to know which version of kernel ICS or GB need to flash before installing ICS custom rom. Actually is there any way to make the step 2.3.4 ----> ics custom ? . I cant update to official ics rom at this moment.

Last edited:

Sparksys

Jul 22, 2012
just download the stock .ftf 0.431 fw , flash it via flashtool and hola :D you have stock ics

xdox

Sep 8, 2011
Any idea why I'm getting limited connectivity on the Wi-Fi after a short period of time (I think it is something related to standby state of the phone)?

RangerCrew89

Apr 7, 2012
Usb tethering problem on LwW.
My phone go frezz n restart :(
Use rage v3.2

Sent from my WT19i using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my kernel, it's based on stock SE and Sony's kernel sources, with some things from DoomKernel by DooMLoRD (so go and say thanks to him, and other developers too).

It has:
    - Overclock up to 2Ghz
    - CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7
    - Prerooting
    - CPU Governors:
    • brazilianwax
    • smoothass
    • smartassV2
    • SavagedZen
    • interactiveX
    • lagfree
    • minmax
    • Scary
    • smartass
    • interactive
    • conservative
    • userspace
    • powersave
    • ondemand
    • perfomance
    v2 added:
    - Xperia Mini support
    - Tun/tap interface enabled (VPN, ipv6)
    - Swap support enabled
    - Two way call recording support added
    - I/O schedulers:
    • noop
    • anticipatory
    • deadline
    • cfq
    • bfq
    • vr
    • sio

v2.1 changed:
    - disabled NFS and CIFS (battery drain fix from DoomKernel), let's see if it can really increase battery life.

v2.2 changed:
    - moved to from 4.0.2.A.0.58 to 62 source, though I didn't see any changes
    - added 0% battery workaround patch by Bazoocaze. I don't even know what it does but it seems to be something useful since everyone includes this in their kernels :D
    - New cpufreq driver from DoomKernel. You can experience some problems with overclocking now (my phone becomes unstable at 1.8GHz now, instead of 2.0), but phone eats much less battery in sleep. I've also changed 1018Hz to 1024Hz and 249Hz to 245Hz because those new numbers looked wierd :)

v2.3 changed:
    - moved back to 4.0.2.A.0.58 source (just to make sure that everything will work).
    - updated version number in ramdisks to 62.
    - removed 0% battery workaround patch (it's useless on our devices).
    - reverted old cpufreq driver with small fix. It should be stable now and phone seems to eat less battery than in 2.1. (thanks himasura for lots of testing)
    - salvaged some ram.
    - enabled NTFS support.
    - enabled usb-storage driver, so you don't need to manually load usb-storage.ko now.
    - Version number now shows version of kernel (#23=2.3).

v2.4 changed:
    - Now phone lights up blue led to show when you can enter recovery (thx to DooMLoRD).
    - Minor changes in ramdisks.
    - Enabled hid drivers for microsoft and a4tech.

v2.5 changed:
    - Re-added CIFS
    - Enabled ext4 support
    - Added zram and cleancache drivers
    - Added lulzactive governor
    - Root fs now mounts as rw after boot.

v2.6 changed:
    - removed lulzactive governor as it wasn't working properly (thx to kamarush and others for pointing that)

v2.7 changed:
    - moved to sony 4.0.2.A.0.74 kernel sources (updated touchscreen driver)
    - Increased GPU dedicated memory to 4MB
    - Updated su binary in autoroot.

v2.8 changed:
    - added new cpufreq driver at last (with CPU frequency fixup by DooMLoRD), battery drain is lower now. I left version 2.7 too for those who want higher overclock or have some problems with 2.8.

v2.9 changed:
    - fixed governors to match new frequency table. Test please.

v3.0 changed:
    - updated zram driver.
    - staging:lowmemkiller add Fugeswap.
    - ICS and GB versions.

v3.1 changed:
    - [ICS] Updated recovery to DooMLoRD's ICS version and as a result fixed usb mounting issues in recovery. The recovery will say that it's for arc, but don't worry, it woks fine on our phones.
    - [GB] No release, everything works fine there :)

v3.2 changed:
    - [ICS] Upadated recovery again, fixed booting issues. It's recovery by kamarush now :), so thanks a lot to him.
    - [GB] No release.

Everything else is similar to stock kernel for now.

Requirements:
    • For 2.3.4 version: 4.0.2.A.0.42/58/61/62/74 rom.
    • For 4.0.4 version: 4.1.B.0.431 rom.
    • Unlocked bootloader.

Installing:
    If you're using windows, here's the simpliest way to install kernels:
    1. Install drivers.
    2. Download and extract these files to some folder.
    3. Place boot.img to the same folder.
    4. Execute flash.cmd.
    5. Turn off your phone, hold volume up button and connect it to pc.
    6. When everything is ready close cmd window and turn on the phone.
    7. If something is wrong try "advanced/wipe dalvik cache" in recovery.

Useful scripts:
    Here are some useful scripts which work with this kernel. Just download, extract and copy them into "/etc/init.d" folder:
    1. This kernel doesn't have zram enabled by default. Use this to enable 64mb zram swap:
      https://yadi.sk/d/-0kzYZOs3KETHm
    2. Our phones have a lot of free space in "/cache" partition, so you can use script by inteks to create a 64mb swap there. It is much faster than using SD card:
      https://yadi.sk/d/Nhkogctl3KETJW
    3. The same with "/system". Here's a bit modified version of previous script, the only change is that it uses another partition:
      https://yadi.sk/d/C7gVW-oH3KETK8

Important information:

Entering recovery:
    While booting, wait until blue led lights up and press volume down button to enter recovery.

Building kernel:
    If you're a developer, feel free to download kernel sources from GutHub and change whatever you like:
    1. Install some Linux distribution (Tested on Linux Mint Debian and Ubuntu 10.04).
    2. Download everything using git or by clicking "Download as tar.gz" on github.
    3. Place files in some folder (path mustn't contain spaces).
    4. Make your changes.
    5. Execute build-all.sh to build kernel for all devices or use build-[model].sh for one device.

Download:

Android 4.0.4 version

Android 2.3.4 version

Another update. Tweaked governors a bit. Tried to disable powersave and perfomance governors, but for some reason only the first one disappeared :) Also making preparations for ics version.
    An update. I haven't tested it much on ICS, but it seems to be working fine.
    Here are stock modules, flash via recovery:
    Is this kernel compatible with stock Android 4.0.4 that has just been launched?

No, a new version will be available soon.