[ROM] FoxstarMOD | Depreciated Development. PARANOID ANDROID COMING |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zander145

Oct 3, 2010
Wilmington
I never saw anything like this for the EVO4G and EVO3D I had before this T989. Once I flashed this rom I was awestruck. Its just pure awesome. WILL be flashing the day this gets released.

piecemakr9

Jan 15, 2010
while we all patientyl wait for paranoidandroid for sgh-t989, does anyone know of any tablet/hybrid mode mods for cm9 alpha 3? I have yet to find one.

starskyrob

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 5, 2011
the internet
UPDATE

Rather than trying smali edits and all sorts of silly things, i'm awaiting source from the PARANOID ANDROID team to build this using Team Chopsticks CM9 Alpha source.

This is my biggest android task to date, and I'm excited for the opportunity to bring some epic mods to this device.

I'd expect an alpha build withing a week or two.

I'm currently working with very dated hardware on my dev box. I should be buying some new equipment [not very easy working with starbucks paychecks] after my next next paycheck. 3 weeks or so. Then I hope to set up a weekly build syncing with CM9 sources.

Release Structure will be as follows:

INITIAL/ALPHA BUILD - Testing Phase

Release Candidates

Weekly Experimental/Potentially Unstable Builds

Stable Releases

starskyrob

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 5, 2011
the internet
2vumyl0.png

Booting. Tons of bugs. No Data/SMS/Calls. Wifi Works. Bluetooth works. Forgot to set the correct DPIs

Anyone experienced in how to change the RIL please let me know.

gspro2000

Jun 26, 2006
Maybe ask thederekjay, seems he has worked on ril before with his Rom?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Edubyah

Jul 1, 2010
Mobile
Rather than trying smali edits and all sorts of silly things, i'm awaiting source from the PARANOID ANDROID team to build this using Team Chopsticks CM9 Alpha source.

This is my biggest android task to date, and I'm excited for the opportunity to bring some epic mods to this device.

I'm currently working with very dated hardware on my dev box. I should be buying some new equipment [not very easy working with starbucks paychecks] after my next next paycheck. 3 weeks or so. Then I hope to set up a weekly build syncing with CM9 sources.

Release Candidates

Stable Releases

If I can help I'd like to.

OGWisdom

Aug 5, 2009
Milwaukee-414
Nice to see someone finally giving this some thought after I asked everyone and told everyone about it. But unfortunately no one got back to me. I hit you up about it Rob, you jus never got back to me. Trying to port this over is actually how I hard bricked my phone. It was a silly mistake and it has been sent out for jtag. But as long as he said he was going to take I should have just bought a riff box myself and did the procedure myself. O well, if I can help, let me know.

Reactions: rubene66

jkhrist

Jun 11, 2010
Nice to know. this from was my daily on my i777. It beastly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE

Release Candidates

Stable Releases
    FoxstarMOD TabletUI Hybrid
    no68ls.jpg

--This is an Alpha Release. There are ISSUES. Please read the entire OP--
    Features:
    CM9 Alpha Based - Thanks to Team Chopsticks!
    Tablet ICS UI - Thanks to Xylograph for the Original Mod
    Gapps Baked In

If you'd like to return to normal phone UI, change your LCD density to 240. To return back to Tablet UI set it to 128.

Known bugs:
    Internal Storage Mounting is broken [External SD is fine]
    Video Recording [Still shots are fine!]
    Use only 2G networks does not work
    It only goes up to 10 [We want it to go to 11]

Install Process

Prerequisites:
    1. CWM Touch
    2.You must be using the latest ICS radio. (T989UVLC8)
    3. Clean Install for first Install

Process:
    1. Backup Current Rom
    2. Make Sure You've Read the Requirements
    3. Either Format Storage, Cache, Dalvik, and Data or flash Superwipe
    4. Install the zip
    5. Reboot to system
    6. Go to settings - system - adjust font size

Credits
    Team Chopsticks - This is based on 99% of their work. Go thank them. This was a cut and dry kang from them, with a few things thrown in.
    Xylograph
    FSM

Download:
    http://d-h.st/MqY

Changelog:
    5/4 : [Updated to CM9 alpha 2a base. Many bugs cleared from list. Camera Works. In Call Audio works. Graphics Fixed. Flashlight fixed. CPU Governor fixed. <~~ Team Chopsticks fixed all that.] Added Apex launcher as an option upon boot. More Gapps included by default.

ToDo:
    Kill capacitive button lights.
    Enable a swap UI toggle.

For Updates on Progress :

Note:
    I don't require or expect donations, but if you do choose to donate, know that it is very appreciated and will go to caffeine, hardware, and more caffeine. thank you!
    UPDATE

I contacted D4rKn3sSyS about something exciting.

Paranoidandroid needs to come to the GS2.

Pending his approval, i will hopefully be working with him to bring this great rom to our devices.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1619582
    2vumyl0.png

Booting. Tons of bugs. No Data/SMS/Calls. Wifi Works. Bluetooth works. Forgot to set the correct DPIs

Anyone experienced in how to change the RIL please let me know.
    Closing this thread.

paranoidxqkmy.png

PARANOIDANDROID is coming to the SGH-T989 and SKYROCKET.

Be ready :]

PREVIEW:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1662802